Hasidic Jews and Vaccination

gollum

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:13 pm
I understand that many Hasidic Jews in Rockland County, NY and elsewhere are refusing to have their children vaccinated against the measles.

What religious or other basis do these persons have for their refusal?

engineer

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:44 pm
@gollum,
None of the major world religions have any problem with vaccinations, but there are some religious sects that claim that some religious tenet or another speaks to vaccinations. You can claim anything you want if you wrap it in religion. The Hasidic Jewish community is not unique in this.
gollum

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 03:59 pm
@engineer,
engineer-

Thank you.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 11:52 pm
@engineer,
I would dispute this. It depends on how devout you are, and whether you think there is something wrong with vaccination.

The Bible teaches that the body is a temple. Vaccination is like drilling a hole in the wall of a temple. Your body isn't intended to bypass the digestive system to go through the bloodstream.

https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/6-19.htm
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 05:20 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
You're getting all of that from one line, "Have ye not known that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit in you, which ye have from God? and ye are not your own,"? You've illustrated engineer's point.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 05:23 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Engineer said "some religious sects that claim that some religious tenet or another speaks to vaccinations" Bulma counts as "some religioius sects".

There is no point argument with religious fanaticism. Christianity as a whole doesn't forbid vaccinations.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 08:50 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
The Bible teaches that the body is a temple.
Vaccination is like drilling a hole in the wall of a temple.
1. Have you ever had a cavity filled at the dentist?
2. I guess you must be against all types of medical surgeries.

Quote:
Your body isn't intended to bypass the digestive system to go through the bloodstream.
1. The bible internet link you provided does not say that at all.
2. I couldn't find any bible quotes or scripture contained in your own link that says what you are saying.
3. Can you explain how you came to the interpretation that you are presenting?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 08:17 pm
@Real Music,
Bulma's fanatical statement is amazing in its scope. It means Christians can't give blood or get blood or have surgery of any kind or get their ears pierced.

Think of how many times you go to the doctor that doesn't involve getting stuck by a needle. Bulma is saying that Christians can't use modern medicine.

This is craziness to a fanatic extreme.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 07:03 am
@InfraBlue,
So I was downvoted, but you're essentially quoting the exact thing back to me?

And yes, just as I equate tattoos with spraypainting graffiti on the walls of a temple, I do not think poking holes in the body is a right or just thing to do.

But it isn't just "that one line." Throughout the Old Testament, the body is also compare with a building. Ecclesiastes mentions a house that is falling apart.
The word "rib" is actually a terrible translation. Adam gave his tsela or side. This refers to the sides of a temple. That is, Adam was a two-sided human, and he was split in two. Your body is a temple, or rather half a temple. Your other half makes things complete.
One of the prophets was commanded to corrupt his body by hanging out with a prostitute and marrying her, to show the Jews how they also had whored about.
The kosher laws themselves are under the assumption that one keeps oneself clean from clothing that is blended or sketchy, that one doesn't eat food likely to have worms, that one doesn't reunite mother and child in the stomach.

So yes, not just one line. Quite a bit actually.

And there's no good reason to do otherwise. God doesn't command us to take this vaccine. Petty humans like Fauci do.

It's not in the quote there. It common sense, or should be. Do you eat through your shoulder or arm? No. When you eat, food goes through your throat, circulation system, entire immune system, stomach, and bowels. The body is prepared for this sort of thing. If the food is no good, the body makes antibodies, and you get food poisoning and throw that nastiness up. This is the fate of pill vaccinations (they originally tried pills and decided they weren't effective enough). When you stab the arm, it is a sneak attack on the body. It is literally like being held down by two burly guys in prison and... Those areas are not intended for insertion. We know this. We sin against God when we know this and do it anyway.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 07:11 am
@Real Music,
I stopped going to the dentist before they ever drilled in my teeth.

I figured out how much even simple procedure cost, and how much private insurance cost under Obamacare ($450 by the time I stopped paying, and stopped having insurance).

So no, I don't believe in medicine. I believe God heals us. I believe medicine was God healing us through medicine, but we have long since taken God out of the equation when we started hanging on to the words of "experts" . Now I see people taking pills, then other pills for the side effects of the first pills, then side effects for those pills, and those pills, and those pills. And those pills.

Stop taking pills. Exercise, live a sober life, try to get good sleep, and decent food (I fail on those last two). Prevention is 9/10 of a cure.
engineer

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 07:16 am
@gollum,
Interesting story on how the Israeli government fought anti-vax groups in Ultra Orthodox communities.

Quote:
As Israel raced forward this winter and spring with its world-leading COVID-19 vaccination campaign, it waged an aggressive and largely successful campaign to confront false rumors and hesitancy about the COVID-19 vaccine among devout ultra-Orthodox and Hasidic Jewish communities, among the hardest hit by the virus in Israel.

Today, more than half of all Israelis have been vaccinated — including 80% of ultra-Orthodox adults over age 30, the Health Ministry says.

This story of a women who died of Covid also had a big impact in Israel.

Quote:
A pregnant woman who died overnight Saturday of COVID-19 did not get herself vaccinated against the disease because she feared it might endanger her fetus, which also died.

Speaking to media on Sunday, Osnat Ben Shitrit’s mother and sisters urged people to get the vaccine shots, while her brother-in-law, who admitted to being behind an anti-vaccination social media group, remained wary of immunization.
Ronit Sianni said that her daughter had wanted to be vaccinated, but was concerned about its safety for pregnant women. Health officials in recent weeks have urged pregnant women to get vaccinated over fears they are at greater risk from new strains of the virus than they were with the original.

“Go and get vaccinated, don’t wait,” Sianni said to Channel 13. “It is not a game. It is a matter of life and death.”
Ben Shitrit, 32, a mother of four, died at Hadassah Hospital Ein Kerem in Jerusalem. Doctors were unable to save her 30-week fetus in an emergency C-section. The fetus had been not infected with the virus, but was delivered in critical condition and did not survive, Hadassah said.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 07:23 am
@engineer,
That's lovely press. But the fact is, it probably would endanger her fetus.

She died, doing what she felt was right.

The medical field further abused her by using her memory for propaganda.

Suppose you thought that taking such a vaccine was evil, and God would punish you for it? Then what forgiveness is there for you if you betray yourself, and take it because the state orders you at gunpoint? Better to die than to betray your principles.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 07:31 am
@bulmabriefs144,
There is a joke we tell in church here in hurricane country.

During the storm, the waters started to rise and the government started evacuating people at risk. As the waters rose to the front porch, a boat came up to the house of a devout man and said "we're here to take you to safety". The man said "no need, God will provide". The waters rose quickly and the man was soon standing on his roof when another boat pulled up. "Hop in, we'll get you to safety!". The man said "no need, God will provide". The water contined to rise and soon the man was standing on the top of his roof when a helicopter flew up and dropped a ladder to him. Over the sound of the rotors he yelled up "no need, God will provide!" And then he died. When he got to Heaven, he met Peter and the Pearly Gates and said "I've always strived to be a good Christian and I thought God would provide". Peter said "we sent two boats and a helicopter, what more do you want?"

You claim to be a good Christian, so you must know the injunction about putting your God to the test. Demanding God will provide in the way you want is putting your God to the test. For all you know, God created vaccines to save you. He sent men like Fauci to advise you for your safety, doctors to save you, scientists to stop the pandemic. We make fun of the pharisees in the Bible for being so wrapped up in their interpretations of the scriptures that they failed to heed God directly in their midst but the pharisees considered themselves the most devout of all for their strict observance of Jewish law. Are you a pharisee in your reading of the scriptures? Are you putting your God to the test by insisting that God move in the way you want? Just something to consider.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 07:49 am
@engineer,
Yeah, I've heard this joke.

God does work through his believers.

But it is a mistake to think that his believer always work for God.
Is a guy who bombs an abortion clinic really doing God's will?

No? So why should I trust people, even those who wear the robes of the saints, and attend church or synagogue regularly, who tell me to do something which I know is not right?

The joke above applies to actual emergencies.
But COVID is not, and never was, an actual emergency. Coronavirus is, along with other things like Rhinovirus, a common cold. It will only kill you if youare already in poor health. Lack of exercise because all stores and places you might walk to are closed is a good way to compromise the immune system. So is lack of fresh air from not getting outside enough. All of these things were pushed hard by the supposed medical community.

The vaccine is the Mark of the Beast. Yes, yes, I know. "Extreme zealotry."

But consider this. We are told that the first beast comes from the sea (across the ocean, from China) and that it receives a fatal wound (vaccinated people can still get sick, says medical community) but does just fine. The second beast is from the Earth, and seems human. These two beasts are fearof disease, and the humans who convince you thar they are helping you. No thanks. I trust God, and those who serve God. Not men who do the opposite, and presume they know best about my health.

And Jews are told about this by kosher law.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 15 May, 2021 08:01 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Fear of disease is the problem.

To fear something is to worship it.

We must fear only God.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2021 12:49 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Only a fool would not fear, and try to avoid, a grizzly or Polar bear, wild lions, tigers, or anything else that might kill them, including diseases.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2021 07:50 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Lack of exercise because all stores and places you might walk to are closed is a good way to compromise the immune system. So is lack of fresh air from not getting outside enough. All of these things were pushed hard by the supposed medical community.

I know. It doesn't matter that Tony's best advice to people who got sick was to stay home and wait until you can hardly breathe, and then have someone drive you to the hospital. It seems that, in the eyes of the faithful, Tony can do no wrong. Someone needs to ask Tony why he would advocate for a "go home and wait until it's bad" treatment. Tony was prescribing time as a treatment! That's negligence, but many here are more than willing to offer him immunity when it comes to answering for that kind of stupid medical advice.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2021 08:26 am
@engineer,
Quote:
He sent men like Fauci to advise you for your safety,

So, God sent tony to prescribe isolating oneself at home and waiting until you're having trouble breathing before seeking attention. A god wouldn't be much of a god if he sends you that kind of rescue, eh?
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2021 08:47 am
@Glennn,
If you think that is what Fauci said you ain't much of a thinker are you. Are you an anti vaxxer too.
Glennn

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2021 08:49 am
@MontereyJack,
Oh, I'm sorry. Tell us again what tony prescribed for people who contracted Covid.
0 Replies