Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 07:52 pm
We know the story. God plops Adam and Eve in the Garden and they were evil because they disobeyed and ate the fruit.

But I've been watching the Autodale series on Youtube, and someone made this point:

Quote:
You live in a garden, where everything is wonderful.you are immortal, you have a partner, you have all the food and relaxation time you want, and your only job is a lax job of maintaining the garden. it seems like paradise, but in reality it is no life at all. see, there is nothing to do. the person who made the garden, and created you and your partner as well says that there's only one rule, do not eat a certain fruit from a certain tree, because then you will surely die. if you eat the fruit, you will live a life, experience things, and in general, do stuff. if you don't eat the fruit, you will stay in the garden forever, not living any life at all. do you eat the fruit? or live no life. (btw you can't make any other choices, you have barely any intelligence until you eat the fruit)

Obviously, there's a side effect to all this. You kinda die. And there's the whole sin thing. So would it be good to try to get back into Eden? Or are we supposed to disobey? Or is it kinda some middle ground deal where we try to live life without being evil?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,006 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by bulmabriefs144
Leadfoot
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 08:14 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Having given the question a lot of thought, my conclusion was that God wanted them to have that knowledge of good and evil from the start. But he wanted even that choice to be theirs. The eventuality of death was to make sure they took the choice seriously.

God, having given them his own likeness probably knew they would not be happy with that bland existence. What they did after making the choice, he again hoped they would follow the nature he gave them.
But given no experience and free will, there was no guarantee.

This set the stage for the great wager posed by Satan - No one would follow the path God was hoping for. Given these conditions and the distractions Satan could bring to bear, It's a hell of a contest.

But no, God is not a 'middle ground' kind of guy. It's either we figure it out, or we don’t.
That’s how it reads to me anyway.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 03:23 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

We know the story. God plops Adam and Eve in the Garden and they were evil because they disobeyed and ate the fruit.

But I've been watching the Autodale series on Youtube, and someone made this point:

Quote:
You live in a garden, where everything is wonderful.you are immortal, you have a partner, you have all the food and relaxation time you want, and your only job is a lax job of maintaining the garden. it seems like paradise, but in reality it is no life at all. see, there is nothing to do. the person who made the garden, and created you and your partner as well says that there's only one rule, do not eat a certain fruit from a certain tree, because then you will surely die. if you eat the fruit, you will live a life, experience things, and in general, do stuff. if you don't eat the fruit, you will stay in the garden forever, not living any life at all. do you eat the fruit? or live no life. (btw you can't make any other choices, you have barely any intelligence until you eat the fruit)

Obviously, there's a side effect to all this. You kinda die. And there's the whole sin thing. So would it be good to try to get back into Eden? Or are we supposed to disobey? Or is it kinda some middle ground deal where we try to live life without being evil?

In the Christian tradition, we are to follow Adam's lead and sin.

This is proved by the Exsultet hymn that calls Adam's sin a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

Literalist Christians have just forgotten how their myth goes and that is why they are loony enough to believe in real talking serpents and donkeys.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2021 03:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Having given the question a lot of thought, my conclusion was that God wanted them to have that knowledge of good and evil from the start. But he wanted even that choice to be theirs. The eventuality of death was to make sure they took the choice seriously.

God, having given them his own likeness probably knew they would not be happy with that bland existence. What they did after making the choice, he again hoped they would follow the nature he gave them.
But given no experience and free will, there was no guarantee.

This set the stage for the great wager posed by Satan - No one would follow the path God was hoping for. Given these conditions and the distractions Satan could bring to bear, It's a hell of a contest.

But no, God is not a 'middle ground' kind of guy. It's either we figure it out, or we don’t.
That’s how it reads to me anyway.

All that happens in scriptures we are to imagining happening to us. We are to assume all roles.

We are all children of god, so to religiously speak.

I will wish to reproduce true and better than whatever I am.

God would wish the same.

So do you.

God/humans, has done so, but we do not recognize our worthiness yet.

Regards
DL

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2021 03:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
All that happens in scriptures we are to imagining happening to us. We are to assume all roles.
I’ll go along with that. I’m trying to think of one I haven’t.

Quote:
We are all children of god, so to religiously speak.
I got the impression you want to be the big guy himself.

Quote:
I will wish to reproduce true and better than whatever I am.

God would wish the same.

So do you.
That’s the same trap a lot of people get caught it. I know I did. It’s so easy to do, they tell you it’s 'God's will' so who am I to question that? Wife, wonderful children, house, white picket fence, what’s not to like?

Quote:
God/humans, has done so, but we do not recognize our worthiness yet.
It is a challenge. We struggle not against flesh and blood etc..

But I have no idea what God struggled against, I’ll definitely ask him when I get the chance. It must be a heck of a story.
0 Replies

papag

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 05:59 am
@bulmabriefs144,
The Bible clearly reveals God’s original purpose for the earth in these words: “As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, but the earth he has given to the sons of men.” (Psalm 115:16) Yes, God created the earth to be a beautiful, permanent home for mankind, and he filled it with everything we need to enjoy meaningful, endless life.​

The Bible is also clear regarding God’s purpose for mankind. He commissioned the first human couple to “fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection . . . every living creature that is moving on the earth.” (Genesis 1:28) What a privilege for them to care for and expand their Paradise home earth wide! Indeed, the prospect that awaited Adam and Eve and their eventual offspring was everlasting life on earth, not a reward in heaven.

The rebellion in Eden did not thwart God’s original purpose for mankind and the earth. God’s perfect love and sense of justice moved him to provide a way to free us from the bondage of inherited sin and death.
Soon, God’s promise of an earthly paradise will become a reality.
(Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
(Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

The Anointed

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 10:31 pm
@papag,
From ‘The dictionary of all Scripture and Myths.’ The Kabbala describes four Adams, the two highest of which are celestial and spiritual.

The third Adam is the terrestrial Adam, made of ‘dust,’ and placed in the Garden of Eden. This Adam was an androgene . . . . . It had, when first created a glorious simulacrum, or light body, and answers to the Yetzeeratic World, ---- Ibid., p. 418.

The fourth Adam was the Third Adam as he was after the fall, when he was clothed with animal skin, flesh and nerves, etc. This answers to the lower Nephesh and Guff, i.e. body, united. He has the power of reproduction and continuance of species, and also answers to the Aseeyatic world, but in him is some of the light of all the preceding (Adams) ----- ibid., p. 418.

Adam and his sister wife were created in paradise and had access to the tree of life and could have lived forever, but Eve was deceived and broke God's law and because of that they were cast out of paradise and given physical bodies in which to live and die on earth.

1 Timothy 2: 13; “For Adam was created first, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law. But a woman will be saved through having children, if she perseveres in faith and love and holiness, with modesty.”

The life of Eve who has become the great pregnant androgynous body of Mankind is Justified by the child (The Son of Man) she bears to her Lord, (Adam, The Lord of Creatures) the offspring of Eve that was prophesied in Genesis 3: 15; who was to crush the head of the original Serpent, for as we all must pay the blood price for the sins of the flesh in which we developed, the 'SON OF MAN' is the only one who can pay the penalty for the sins of the body in which he developed.

As mankind developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, so too, the 'SON OF MAN' develops within the sinful body of mankind.

0 Replies