If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Buttermilk

Sat 23 Aug, 2014 01:55 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Wow the nutjob speaks!
neologist

Sat 23 Aug, 2014 07:59 am
@Buttermilk,
BPB has morphed
0 Replies

Woman4Christ

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 04:38 am
@Caesar,
Its simple really... He died for all who are willing to receive the free gift of salvation. It says in the Bible if you are saved you belong to God, and if you are not saved God says you are a child of satan.

Hell is for those who choose satan over God, people who are not saved.
Krumple

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 04:56 am
@Woman4Christ,
Woman4Christ wrote:

Its simple really... He died for all who are willing to receive the free gift of salvation. It says in the Bible if you are saved you belong to God, and if you are not saved God says you are a child of satan.

And for the ignorant the Hebrew word for hell actually meant garbage pits outside the city walls where trash was burned. It was not being used metaphorically either.

If god were actually omniscient he would have known what every being would chose or not chose before they were even created. There would be no point in even allowing them to live out their lives at all because the result would have already been known.

Let me give you an analogy. You are going to bake some cookies but you know before you even start that the second batch you cook are all going to be burned to a crisp and inedible. If you know before you start the second batch why would you go through with baking them? You wouldn't unless you really don't know how they are going to turn out.

Christians love to make up bullshit and assume it makes perfect sense.
Woman4Christ

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:25 am
@Krumple,
I don't plan to argue with you, that's not my style. I'm not into debating, it goes nowhere. I have my beliefs just like anyone else. I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why I believe.

I will say this though, God did not make man to burn in hell, but He did give man freedom to choose Him or the devil. Just like God did not make or intend the devil to turn evil and trick over a third of the angels. The devil chose to grow hate and jealousy in his heart, and God banished him out because he was planning a revolt.

I'm no expert and I don't claim to be, but I'm also not ignorant of the devil and his devices.

If you choose to not serve God and serve the enemy that is your God given free will to do so, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

Have any more questions for me feel free to ask, but I will not debate or reply to someone who is just looking to bicker back and forth.
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:26 am
@Woman4Christ,
Woman4Christ wrote:

Saved from what...or whom?

0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:44 am
@Woman4Christ,
Woman4Christ wrote:

I don't plan to argue with you, that's not my style. I'm not into debating, it goes nowhere. I have my beliefs just like anyone else. I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why I believe.

I will say this though, God did not make man to burn in hell, but He did give man freedom to choose Him or the devil. Just like God did not make or intend the devil to turn evil and trick over a third of the angels. The devil chose to grow hate and jealousy in his heart, and God banished him out because he was planning a revolt.

I'm no expert and I don't claim to be, but I'm also not ignorant of the devil and his devices.

If you choose to not serve God and serve the enemy that is your God given free will to do so, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

Have any more questions for me feel free to ask, but I will not debate or reply to someone who is just looking to bicker back and forth.

Once again. If god were omniscient he would have known before I even began to exist which side I would chose right? So what would be the point in creating me if he knew I would never chose god? It would mean my whole existence was meant to be tortured for eternity. In other words god would have created me so that I could be punished.

Unless god isn't all-knowing and has no clue what choice I will make. So which is it? If god is all-knowing then I exist purely to be punished and tortured for eternity. Nice god. Why you think this is a great thing points directly to your inner being. You are fine with a god who is willing to create beings so they can be punished for eternity. That is sad.

Thankfully there isn't a god at all or this existence would be absurd.
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 06:04 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Woman4Christ wrote:

Once again. If god were omniscient he would have known before I even began to exist which side I would chose right? So what would be the point in creating me if he knew I would never chose god? It would mean my whole existence was meant to be tortured for eternity. In other words god would have created me so that I could be punished.

Unless god isn't all-knowing and has no clue what choice I will make. So which is it? If god is all-knowing then I exist purely to be punished and tortured for eternity. Nice god. Why you think this is a great thing points directly to your inner being. You are fine with a god who is willing to create beings so they can be punished for eternity. That is sad.

You are as unreasonable in suggesting it is certain there are no gods...as she is in suggesting it is certain there is a GOD, Krumple.

You would do the "let's get religion off our back" camp a big favor to recognize that.
Krumple

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 06:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Woman4Christ wrote:

You are as unreasonable in suggesting it is certain there are no gods...as she is in suggesting it is certain there is a GOD, Krumple.

You would do the "let's get religion off our back" camp a big favor to recognize that.

Without any supporting evidence there is no reason to believe a god exists or any gods for that matter. Just like I don't believe gremlins or fairies exist. I am justified by the lack of supporting evidence. A universe that exists in no way supports the existence of a god for said universe to exist. But even if I am wrong and there is a god, it still does not get you to christianity's version or vision of god and god's traits.

If we actually used your line of reasoning we would never be able to come to any verdict on murder trials since the bogyman or big foot could have been the murderer not the suspect on trial.
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 06:40 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Woman4Christ wrote:

Without any supporting evidence there is no reason to believe a god exists or any gods for that matter.

I was not commenting on what you "believe" or guess about the existence of gods.

I was commenting on your certainty that gods do not exist.

Quote:
Just like I don't believe gremlins or fairies exist. I am justified by the lack of supporting evidence. A universe that exists in no way supports the existence of a god for said universe to exist. But even if I am wrong and there is a god, it still does not get you to christianity's version or vision of god and god's traits.

I was not commenting on what you "believe" or guess about the existence of gods...and I was not commenting on whether or not the god these people worship exists.

Quote:
If we actually used your line of reasoning we would never be able to come to any verdict on murder trials since the bogyman or big foot could have been the murderer not the suspect on trial.

Nonsense.

Bottom line is: You are as unreasonable in suggesting it is certain there are no gods...as she is in suggesting it is certain there is a GOD, Krumple.

Krumple

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 07:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Woman4Christ wrote:

Without any supporting evidence there is no reason to believe a god exists or any gods for that matter.

I was not commenting on what you "believe" or guess about the existence of gods.

Quote:
Just like I don't believe gremlins or fairies exist. I am justified by the lack of supporting evidence. A universe that exists in no way supports the existence of a god for said universe to exist. But even if I am wrong and there is a god, it still does not get you to christianity's version or vision of god and god's traits.

I was not commenting on what you "believe" or guess about the existence of gods...and I was not commenting on whether or not the god these people worship exists.

Quote:

Nonsense.

Bottom line is: You are as unreasonable in suggesting it is certain there are no gods...as she is in suggesting it is certain there is a GOD, Krumple.

Frank this has been explained to you multiple times.

If I claim there are invisible cars that drive a long the streets but you have no way of determining they are there how ever can you ever cross a street on foot? You can't without worrying that you might get run over by an invisible car. So I take it you are a person who can't cross the street in fear of invisible cars? Your line of reasoning does NOT match with how you actually behave according to reality. You are just another who wants to seem superior with your leaving the door open to any and all possibilities. It's bullshit because everything else you come across does not get the same treatment. Or maybe you won't end up in the field of reeds..
MWal

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:08 am
Hell is for fools and those who put them there. However, the fool lwill not exist when God presents his light to all things bringing salvation and peace once and for all. You can't lock away anyone who posses light, or they will posses your hearts, God all mighty.
Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 11:06 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Frank this has been explained to you multiple times.

If I claim there are invisible cars that drive a long the streets but you have no way of determining they are there how ever can you ever cross a street on foot? You can't without worrying that you might get run over by an invisible car. So I take it you are a person who can't cross the street in fear of invisible cars? Your line of reasoning does NOT match with how you actually behave according to reality. You are just another who wants to seem superior with your leaving the door open to any and all possibilities. It's bullshit because everything else you come across does not get the same treatment. Or maybe you won't end up in the field of reeds..

It always amazes me that people like you can see Woman's assertions and certainty that there is a god as unreasonable, illogical, and irrational...yet you cannot see your assertion and certainty that there are no gods are every bit as unreasonable, illogical, and irrational.

But the fact that you are blind to your own lack of logic is something you have to deal with...not I.

Said another way: Take your "many times explanations" and try them out on someone looking to buy snake oil.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 12:52 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:

Hell is for fools and those who put them there.

That would mean that hell is for god since he's the one that puts fools there.
MWal

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 12:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
Lol that's the devil. Absolutely nothing. Unspoken and impossible. By definition and nature God is all good things which is growth and life, knowledge and consciousness which makes all good things in reality all things. My God enlightens every man woman and child to their deepest desire, and presents it to them which is your greatest love. No man loves a fateless demise. Remember demons are just angel who haven't realized they are angels.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 01:03 pm
@InfraBlue,
As we can 'see' for ourselves, the omnipotent god can't 'save' all humans from hell. Even after he 'sacrificed' his only begotten son for the sins of all humans.

Logic 101 anyone?

And, since heaven is where no sins will exist, why can't he do that for the humans on earth?

Logic 102.

Another fallen angel, perhaps, and another cycle of heaven and hell.

Logic 103.
MWal

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 01:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Logic is God. Only follow that which is logic, if that be the bible good for us.
Germlat

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 01:15 pm
@MWal,
More pot?? It's drunk girl posting.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 01:18 pm
@MWal,
You wrote,
Quote:
Logic is God.
and I laughed out loud!

If you truly believe you understand logic, why does the bible claim that planet earth is only 6,000 years old? FACT: This planet is over 4.5 billion years old.

Why did god have to sacrifice his only begotten son to forgive the sins of mankind? Who was the sacrifice for? If it was for humans, he has failed.
He should have known that man by nature are creatures of 'sin.'

Why did god teach his followers that homosexuality is a sin? Homosexuality is 'natural.' Many animals practice homosexuality. It's called 'nature.'

It's been proven through geology (human science) that there never was a world flood. Why does the bible say there was?

Logic? You gotta be kidding!
MWal

Fri 17 Oct, 2014 03:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've told you this I'm not Christian. I only follow reason. Reason for God.. I want it simple as that really . So I search for truth and knowledge. Not for Christianity.