If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Jason Proudmoore

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:03 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

And what exactly is the problem about believing in things?

I will leave you with some examples why "believe" is detrimental to humanity...since some people understand better with pictures...

http://www.topnews.in/files/adolf_hitler.jpg

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-4/the-crusades.jpg

http://11.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksvgiecB571qzvzuxo1_400.jpg

http://propheticactivation.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/1463_heavens_gate_468.jpg

Quote:
Facts are things, statistics are things, proof is a thing, nail holes in someones hands are things too....

Yes, but there are things that are proven with facts, and there are things made up by humankind that fall in the mythology section.
cicerone imposter

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:21 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
JP wrote:
Quote:
Yes, but there are things that are proven with facts, and there are things made up by humankind that fall in the mythology section.

Unfortunately, the majority of humans prefer to believe in mythology over facts and evidence.
RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:47 pm
@Lightwizard,
Alchemy is science but it now goes under the name of nuclear fission. Newton was ahead of his time... 50 years from now alchemy will take over all sciences.
RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:48 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Hitler was a pagan....
RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And the minority think they are wiser than God... Why does science exist if the universe is so unintelligent?
Lightwizard

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:55 pm
@RexRed,
Alchemy is not science -- it's Voodoo. Not only did Newton never turn any base metal into gold (nor has anyone else come even remotely close), he began delving into all sorts of hocus-pocus with his buddy trying to get unusual chemical reactions. It probably killed him.
Lightwizard

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:05 pm
@RexRed,
Hitler claimed he was a Christian but I'm sure that was only to keep an essentially Christian population appeased. He also didn't want to loose the support of the Catholic church who, after the way, smuggled Nazi's out of Europe, many of them SS. Now we would know, the Catholic Church looked the other way during the Holocaust and likely because they don't want to be associated overtly with anti-Semitism, will try to never open up the vaults in the Vatican to reveal their role as indirect accomplices.

However, Jason was not claiming Hitler was a Christian, only the dangers of unquestioning belief and faith in especially someone human (well, or inhuman, depending on how you want to look at it). The unquestioning faith and belief is also dangerous in supernatural beings that are supposedly operating through human do-gooders. The picture of Medieval slaughter is only a tiny example of what religion has wrought, the St. Bartholomew Day Massacre being one of the low points.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:22 pm
@RexRed,
Everybody is wiser than god; god doesn't exist.
Lightwizard

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Becoming wise is knowledge, experience, reason and basic humanity. It has little to do with religion. People need religion to pray their sports team will win.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:25 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Hitler was a pagan....

Go to this link and watch the evidence unfold right before your eyes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNN-M4wMbT4

I don't know why creationists always say that Hitler was not a Christian...his political motivation was primarily reinforced by the Bible, when he especially targeted the Jews for elimination...he also believed in the purity of the German blood, which was another belief on top of that...

The pictures I posted explaining why "beliefs" are prejudicial to humanity are not intended to criticize Christianity especially, but any belief that is grounded on the misconception of reality...
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Unfortunately, the majority of humans prefer to believe in mythology over facts and evidence.

Back in ancient times, if someone told you that death is the end, that you're going to become food for the maggots, your existence will end when you die ...do you think this idea would've stock? Do you think people would've bought into it...of course not! Religion serves as a big lollipop for people.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:39 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Alchemy is science but it now goes under the name of nuclear fission. Newton was ahead of his time... 50 years from now alchemy will take over all sciences.

You seem like you've never heard a single argument against this topic before.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:40 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
And the minority think they are wiser than God... Why does science exist if the universe is so unintelligent?

Wiser than which god?
RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Only you do not exist.
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:29 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
wiser than only yourself.
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:31 pm
Someday I will reveal to you God...
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:32 pm
rexred is god.
Rockhead

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:44 pm
@RexRed,
Rex, I consulted my cat (he is secretly ruler of this galaxy, but now you are sworn to silence under penalty of eternity in the litter mines of Xranth)

he says it's ok that you feel this way.

best of.
RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:48 pm
@Lightwizard,
The sun is an alchemist and you are an a doubter... I don't believe you.
RexRed

Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:46 pm
my lover and i don't exist...
0 Replies