If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Frank Apisa

Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:53 am
Nah...I love 'em both now....and if they get high...I would not love 'em any more.

But I might be more interested in what they have to share.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:57 am
:wink:
0 Replies

jin kazama

Sun 7 May, 2006 02:16 pm
headofthefield wrote:
Au, it isn't his job to sell anything. You are rediculously closed-minded. All anyone does on here is state their opinion. Why should you be allowed to attack Christians and say that they are ignorant and arrogant, while you yourself don't take into consideration other's opinions.

Um Au didn't say anything that was ridiculously close-minded.... Can you say yourself that you have an open mind to the idea that there is no god? Probably not
0 Replies

Doktor S

Sun 7 May, 2006 02:52 pm
Thread necromancy is in bad taste.

Back in your bottle, jiin
0 Replies

Raul-7

Sun 7 May, 2006 05:25 pm
Hell is for the paganists, polytheists, aethiests, oppresors, etc.

But even some of the believers (Christians, Muslims, etc.) depending on the severity of their sins will enter hell, but will then be removed and admitted into paradise.

Here's a hadtih that explains it a little more.

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "When the people of Paradise will enter Paradise and the people of Hell will go to Hell, Allah will order those who have had faith equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed to be taken out from Hell. So they will be taken out but (by then) they will be blackened (charred). Then they will be put in the river of Haya' (rain) or Hayat (life) (the Narrator is in doubt as to which is the right term), and they will revive like a grain that grows near the bank of a flooded channel. Don't you see that it comes out yellow and twisted."
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 7 May, 2006 09:49 pm
The concept of hell disproved here. Must we continue?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:51 am
Hell is other people.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:31 pm
Re: If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?
Caesar wrote:
It doesnt make sense. Jesus dies so that "all" of us can be saved, yet we still need a place for the un-saved people...Explain.

There probably isn't any sort of eternal punishment for crimes committed over a 60 year span.

When somebody like Slick KKKlinton goes through life for 60 years without ever doing anything other than looking out for #1 and ******* everbody else he ever comes into contact with over, he probably gets reincarnated as a worm or a cockroach, works his way slowly back up again as shrews, mice, rats, crows, harbor seals and what not, and then a thousand years or so later gets another shot at being a human and leading a reasonable life.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 6 Jun, 2006 04:57 pm
Re: If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?
gungasnake wrote:
Caesar wrote:
It doesnt make sense. Jesus dies so that "all" of us can be saved, yet we still need a place for the un-saved people...Explain.

There probably isn't any sort of eternal punishment for crimes committed over a 60 year span.

When somebody like Slick KKKlinton goes through life for 60 years without ever doing anything other than looking out for #1 and **** everbody else he ever comes into contact with over, he probably gets reincarnated as a worm or a cockroach, works his way slowly back up again as shrews, mice, rats, crows, harbor seals and what not, and then a thousand years or so later gets another shot at being a human and leading a reasonable life.

Snoring! Snoring! Snoring!
0 Replies

xingu

Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:22 am
Neo wrote:
When God breathed life into Adam, he BECAME a living soul. Note: He did not RECEIVE a soul. The soul is mortal.

Of course when a person is born a soul comes with it. But that doesn't mean the soul is mortal. The soul could have existed long before birth. Ever hear of reincarnation?
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:48 am
xingu wrote:
Neo wrote:
When God breathed life into Adam, he BECAME a living soul. Note: He did not RECEIVE a soul. The soul is mortal.

Of course when a person is born a soul comes with it. But that doesn't mean the soul is mortal. The soul could have existed long before birth. Ever hear of reincarnation?
Sorry xingu. It's one of them bible things. You aren't into that, I guess.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 7 Jun, 2006 10:19 am
I just read something from the link I included that I really didn't know before. According to the (I assume) bible scholar who wrote this, the bible doesn't say there is a hell for the wicked, but only death - nothingness.
And for that matter, there is no mention of anything about the soul being immortal, except for in I Corinthians 15-40, where it assures us that man will receive eternal life -at the resurrection, and no other time.

Interesting...

http://www.ucg.org/booklets/HL/immortalsoul.htm
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 7 Jun, 2006 10:26 am
snood wrote:
I just read something from the link I included that I really didn't know before. According to the (I assume) bible scholar who wrote this, the bible doesn't say there is a hell for the wicked, but only death - nothingness.
And for that matter, there is no mention of anything about the soul being immortal, except for in I Corinthians 15-40, where it assures us that man will receive eternal life -at the resurrection, and no other time.

Interesting...

Amazing how few people actually go back to Genesis and reflect on the choices set before Adam and Eve: life or death: nothing more, nothing less.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Wed 7 Jun, 2006 10:34 am
snood wrote:

Interesting...

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me though he may die, he shall live.
"And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.
John 11:25-26
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 8 Jun, 2006 05:21 pm
I always felt heaven and hell were watered down versions of reincarnation which is an older doctrine that was not only held in India but among the Greeks and the Celts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:33 am
HERE'S A POSSIBLITY:

There is a heaven and a hell...and we are in it now.

You get a choice as to whether it is one or the other.

The gods do not make that decision. We each do for ourselves.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:48 am
I honestly haven't been able to shake the idea for the last two days - about death being the end of the human soul. It is contrary to much of what I have believed, but it seems somehow right.

I'm trying to reconcile that idea with the still very solid belief that there is something eternal in the spiritual sense.
0 Replies

xingu

Fri 9 Jun, 2006 06:02 am
Death of the human soul?

I don't believe it. Why have body and soul? If death is the end result why not just have body only? Skip the soul.
0 Replies

mesquite

Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:38 pm
Snood, when you use the term human soul, what does that mean to you?

Is it what we commonly refer to as our personality or human consciousness?

If so, I can understand the ancients believing the soul was something separate and apart from our physical body, but today I think we pretty well know how intricately it is linked to the physical brain.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:52 pm
Well, "know" is a slippery word when speaking of spiritual matters, unless one is already somehow convinced that there are no spiritual matters.

I have always thought of human "soul" and "spirit" as basically interchangeable. What I was saying here was that I have been given pause by the idea that the soul dies with the body, and that if something of us survives this present life, it must be something other than what I've always referred to as the "soul".
0 Replies