If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

izzythepush

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
If he thinks being a Jock gets you all the girls then maybe he should start wearing a tam o shanter and playing the bagpipes.
bulmabriefs144

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 01:53 pm
@izzythepush,
I know for a fact that jocks get all the girls.
Just ask my former roommate and his girlfriend Jasmine.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 02:00 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Hey look up there, do you see it?

It just shot over your head.
theMadOne

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 02:59 pm
Is guess the answer is OBVIOUS, there is no fiery place called..HELL!
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 03:43 pm
@izzythepush,
No, I ignored it because it was laaaaame.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 03:49 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
No you didn't. I wasn't even talking to you I was talking to Frank.

You purposefully want out of your way to respond to what I said.

That's not ignoring.

And it still shot over your head.
bulmabriefs144

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 04:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Like this hasn't been done today by Frank himself.

I was talking @Leadfoot and he decides to tell me I need therapy. I! Of all people! Absurd! Telling me that I need therapy!

But yeah, you guys don't seem to get that what yoyu do to other people can very easily be done to you.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 05:02 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Still up there.
bulmabriefs144

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 05:09 pm
@izzythepush,
You made a joke about gay Scottish pirates. I got it immediately.

But it was laaaaame.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 05:16 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
No mention of piracy or homosexuality.

**** knows what you got.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 06:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes, but I also believe in the big bong.
bulmabriefs144

Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Scottsman wear kilts. They're obviously cressdressers, which means they're gay. Since all pirates are gay, naturally all gays are also pirates.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Fri 19 Nov, 2021 06:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
Thank you for sharing your testimony with us in another post. You were very gracious to share with us. We did not have to insist that you do so since God knows why you are so agnostic about His existence.
The gospel tells us that a major reason that Jesus died for our sins is to have a deep personal relationship with us. God wants us to know that He exists and a lot more. Please read Ephesians chapters 1-3 for some indication of what God has done for us.
My guesses are about you, not God. For example, I believe that Catholic doctrine has caused Catholics to not realize that God wants a deep spiritual relationship with them. The Bible clearly states that Jesus is our Advocate, High Priest, Intercessor, etc.
No Catholic priest holds that role.
It seems like you "grew up" in your 20's. However, you had served in the military when you "grew up".
Perhaps Lead foot is correct about you being the rocky soil that the seed falls on. You had an exciting experience and then normal life set in.
I serve Almighty God which will be exciting all my life. I would much rather serve God than a man (the pope).
Anyway, we all have the opportunity to KNOW that God exists.
NealNealNeal

Fri 19 Nov, 2021 06:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I stay out of these because they make me disappointed in most self described "Christians".

Bob,
Trust God. All people including Christians will disappoint you at some time.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 19 Nov, 2021 06:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't smoke any more.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 20 Nov, 2021 12:16 am
@NealNealNeal,
God does know.

No matter how much Frank tells others thid or that reason, God knows, possibly better than Frank himself.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 20 Nov, 2021 12:31 am
@NealNealNeal,
As for me, normal life was what I strived for. Life away from the spiritual anguish of the cities.

I don't approve of the army mindset. It's sorta a pseudo-Christian system.
https://assets.change.org/photos/4/fi/ki/HpFikiQOYEXbNhU-1600x900-noPad.jpg?1516108476

These people think they are serving God, country, etc. I think not.

The military cult is based on wearing people down and molding them into a new person. Transformation through isolation. This is the playbook of the Cult of Babylon. I have seen this with the current church, and its rejection of the "diseased" and the "non-essential". They have been taken in by false priests.

Quote:
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.

Read this article.
https://thewisesloth.com/2009/10/29/the-military-is-a-cult/
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 20 Nov, 2021 06:09 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank,
Thank you for sharing your testimony with us in another post. You were very gracious to share with us. We did not have to insist that you do so since God knows why you are so agnostic about His existence.
The gospel tells us that a major reason that Jesus died for our sins is to have a deep personal relationship with us. God wants us to know that He exists and a lot more. Please read Ephesians chapters 1-3 for some indication of what God has done for us.
My guesses are about you, not God. For example, I believe that Catholic doctrine has caused Catholics to not realize that God wants a deep spiritual relationship with them. The Bible clearly states that Jesus is our Advocate, High Priest, Intercessor, etc.
No Catholic priest holds that role.
It seems like you "grew up" in your 20's. However, you had served in the military when you "grew up".
Perhaps Lead foot is correct about you being the rocky soil that the seed falls on. You had an exciting experience and then normal life set in.
I serve Almighty God which will be exciting all my life. I would much rather serve God than a man (the pope).

If you want to guess there is a god...fine. Nothing wrong with that.

If you want to call your guess "a belief"...do it. Any intelligent person will understand that you are doing what so many other humans before you have done...making a blind guess about the REALITY of existence.

Quote:
Anyway, we all have the opportunity to KNOW that God exists.

No, Neal, we all have the opportunity to blindly guess that a god exists; blindly guess that it is just one god; and to blindly guess about its nature...what pleases it and what offends it.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Sat 20 Nov, 2021 10:34 am
Is anyone going to answer the topics QUESTION?
Leadfoot

Sat 20 Nov, 2021 10:48 am
@theMadOne,
OK, I’ll byte.

He didn’t and there isn’t, in that order.
At least in the popular conception of those ideas.

If I were asked what 'hell' is, it is the experience one has after a lifetime of ignoring God's existence and realizing that your's is about to end, right after seeing what could have been.