If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 10:37 am
@Smileyrius,
I could give you revelations on all you have said. But if you believe the scriptures these will confirm what I have said.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

I Jn 3:8
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

John 10:7-9
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:05 am
@Squeakybro,
a straw man is a tactic you might find a lot on these boards, where you misrepresent anothers argument to make it easier to "knock down"

One thing I can assure you, I have no intention of doing this, any misrepresentation is merely misunderstanding, rather than by design
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:08 am
@Squeakybro,
Has the holy spirit identified Babylon the Great for you so you may be sure you have escaped?
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:16 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
God told Jesus just what to say and do...
Are you saying Jesus had no choice? Or, did Jesus obey his father willingly out of love?
Smileyrius

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:39 am
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,

I agree with the scripture, although not so much with your judgement of the question of the condition of man which is heavily tied into the understanding of Gods justice. The application is yours alone.
Quote:
1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";

This tells me that God is pleased with those that endure despite suffering, not that he created us to suffer. The apostle speaks specifically of the persecution of Jesus followers and NOT the suffering of mankind.

this is best summed up by John 15:19
19"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, for I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

I'll cover the rest a little later
Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 03:58 pm
@neologist,
You cant compare Jesus to the angels. That is a deceptive comparison. Angels didn't come from man they were created in heaven. Jesus came from Mother Mary.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:07 pm
@Smileyrius,
God gave us the choice to suffer. We can either fight it or suffer wrongfully and do it willingly to prove our love.
The carnal mind is all screwed up. They think that love is an emotion. But the emotion that they call love is in reality actually coveting or lusting. When one says I would love to have a two story house. They are actually saying I covet a two story house. When a man loves a woman, he actually lusts after the woman. Society doesn't have the truth about life. It takes Gods Word to know the truth. Love is not a feeling it is an action.
MWal

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Love is a bond and is a source of a great spectrum of emotions. Love makes you cry if its true. It's a feeling, and it in its self resides emotion.

God didnt give us the choice to suffer. Any man aligns his will with pleasure. Loving pleasure denotes faith and loyalty. He gave the choice between red and blue cheese and milk. He strictly forbids knowledge of good and evil to man, so how could it be part of our free will.
Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:36 pm
@MWal,
EMOTIONS2 (passions) UNCLEAN SPIRITS
Gal 5:1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Rom 7:8-25
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God-- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Gal 5:16-24
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Rom 1:25-26
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
1 Cor 1:2-3
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Gal 5:14-16
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:5-7
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
Col 3:5-7
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,
7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
2 Cor 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
1 Tim 6:7-9
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.
(NKJ)

xxx Many people think their emotions are helping them. And all they are doing is deceiving them. Then they build up to a big chastizement.

I Jn 4:6-12
6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:43-45
43 "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.
44 "Then he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.
45 "Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation."
(NKJ)

MWal

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:52 pm
@Squeakybro,
There is nothing wrong with emotions. Hate is the lack of love and is not in its own right.
Smileyrius

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 05:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
Your understanding of Love is limited. There are actually FOUR words in the greek scriptures that are rendered love. agápē (love based on principle), érōs (romantic love), philía (affectionate love i.e for a friend) and storgē (commonly used to describe a family bond.

Quote:
the emotion that they call love is in reality actually coveting or lusting

when you say you love your mother, do you lust or covet her? what of your friends, do you lust or covet them?

Quote:
When a man loves a woman, he actually lusts after the woman

This is incorrect. If a man lusts after his wife, this is érōs love, however when the bible refers to the love between a man and his wife, it distinctly uses the greek term agapé, meaning a principled or moral love. (Ephesians 5:25)

Agapé love is the only love that does not come naturally. it is the same love that Jesus commanded that you have toward your enemy.
Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:58 pm
@MWal,
Its obvious you have never read the bible. Emotions are unclean spirits.
Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 07:00 pm
@Smileyrius,
You covet your mother and your friends.

Luke 14:26-27
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 07:53 pm
@Squeakybro,
You are misapplying the scripture in Luke. I believe it is more down to basic translational misconceptions than by design.
The word rendered hate here is miseó which had dual connotations. One is to detest, or to persecute, and the other is love to a lesser degree.

Which do you suppose Jesus meant?If you look at Matthew 10:37 you will find the parallel account clears up any misconception you might have attained.
MWal

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 08:55 pm
@Squeakybro,
Explain why in your own words. Happiness and satisfaction are cornerstones of Heaven my dude.

If you aren't happy you aren't even alive. Life is compiled of happiness in essence. Emotions are Gods magic. Remember anger is only the lack of happiness.

Apathy is exactly what anti-Lord nihilistic Satan knows will make for heck. Even if you get rid of emotion because of anger you are a step closer to the oblivion of non existence, the abyss if you will.
Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:04 pm
@Smileyrius,
When I prayed about Luke 14 26 this is what the Holy Spirit gave me. So I would have to go with hate means loveless.

Matt 10:37-38
37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:08 pm
@Smileyrius,
I don't believe eros is found in the Greek text, although romantic love is alluded to.
Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:09 pm
@MWal,
Happiness is contentment. And I am totally content. Don't want nothing don't need nothing and full of joy all the time.
CONTENT (SHOW GOD YOUR SATISFIED)(EVEN WITH NOTHING)

Phil 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
James 1:4
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
James 4:3
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
I Jn 5:14-15
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
Titus 3:8
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.
Luke 12:29-30
29 "And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind.
30 "For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things.
Matt 6:33
33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Luke 12:32
32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Luke 12:34
34 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 3:14
14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, "And what shall we do?" So he said to them, "Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages."
Phil 4:11
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:
1 Tim 6:8
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
Heb 13:5
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
3 Jn 1:10-11
10 Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church.
11 Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God.
Luke 14:33
33 "So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.
Matt 19:29-30
29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
1 Cor 3:22-23
22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come-- all are yours.
23 And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.
Rev 3:17
17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'-- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
1 Tim 6:5-7
5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.
6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
(NKJ)

xxx You know if your content, their is nothing to pray for. The only prayer you would have is giving thanks.The definition of content: is the lack of wanting . It always starts with desire, then comes wanting, then comes coveting and lusting. If you get something because of wanting it, there is no way of knowing if it is from God. But if you receive something that you wasnt necessarily wanting but it is useful to you. Then without a doubt it is a gift from God. Happiness is the definition of contentment.

1Thes 5:18
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
2 Cor 4:7
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
(NKJ)
James 1:17
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
(NKJ)

Phil 4:19
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
(NKJ)

Matt 6:34
34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:09 pm
@neologist,
Romantic love is lust.
neologist

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:10 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Its obvious you have never read the bible. Emotions are unclean spirits.
Show verifying scriptures, please.
0 Replies