Jesus Christ - all things are possible for one who believes.

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 08:47 pm
Holy Bible - Mark 9:23 (ESV)
And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”

Jesus did many miracles and commanded His desciples to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. The lame walked, the blind saw, the deaf heard, and the mute talked. The poor had the gospel preached to them.

If you are a believer or want to be a believer, a Christian, then post in this thread about believing and for miracles to be done.

Jesus came that we may have life and have it abundantly.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 09:06 pm
@AlertChristians,
My daughter has very religious cousins who took her to kids Bible study for a while. My daughter excitedly started saying "All things are possible for one who beliefs".

"Oh really! I said. So you can pick up that building on your own and move it to the other side of the street? Let's see it!" So she changed it to "Everything, within reason, is possible for one who believes."

That made it better, I thought, but it kind of defeated the purpose of that quote.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:48 pm
@maxdancona,
For those who follow the words of the Bible, faith can move mountains.
1st Corinthians, chapter 13, verse 2 "...and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." - King James Version .
Moving a building would be a breeze.

Some versions of the Bible are written as "move mountains" rather than " remove" and in many versions, the word "charity" has been replaced by " love"

Bottom line, if a person has a belief and isn't forcing it on me or hurting anybody, let them enjoy.
AlertChristians

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:54 pm
@maxdancona,
No, the Lord Jesus means what He said. It's just not commonly done.

Here's another passage that I think of as mountain moving faith. Miracles literally can be done for one with enough faith.
Mark 11:23 (ESV)
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
blatham

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 03:25 am
They just don't make prophets like they used to.
fresco

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 03:41 pm
@blatham,
Dead right !
This is one of those recent lazy forum infestation/proliferation types who prefer their armchairs to getting out on a winter street to do their business !
No celestial brownie points for them ! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 03:52 pm
@AlertChristians,
When you move a building, for example, does it travel from point A to point B, or is it a form of teleportation?

Can you move a building while keeping the electrical, plumbing and sewer connections intact? (Because that would be very useful). I suppose if anything is possible than that would be possible too.

Cool.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 03:57 pm
@Sturgis,
This extreme form of magical religion is not harmless. It is highly profitable, irrational and it has the ability to hurt people. When people reject medicine for example, or blame themselves for their cancer (because people with faith never die of cancer)... it does literal harm.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 04:03 pm
NB. For those wishing to speak with the author of this thread, he issues the following conditions on his website.
Quote:
​​By contacting me, you represent that you are scientifically, medically human.
Thus, you do not have non-human abilities, like hearing the thoughts of others or shapeshifting.
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 08:32 pm
@fresco,
My shape shifts somewhat nervously as I wonder why I like hearing the thoughts of others.

And I realise it is because if I truly believe that an alertchristian is an oxymoronic dvandva then it shall be so.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 08:46 pm
@fresco,
Yikes
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2019 04:39 am
I think everyone that don t believe in that a religion can change your life for good you have to try it first before you come out with conclusion.
But be sure you practice it with heart and believness .
I bet you will have the results and you will understand the what a person mean that a religious life is better . Just be patient
Good luck
0 Replies