Why does my married coworker keep sitting next to me?

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 04:25 pm
During our meetings, I've noticed that he never fails to sit next to me. I would sometimes try to find a different spot to sit at, but he continues to sit next to me anyways. If he isn't able to sit next to me at all, he stares at me when I'm not even speaking or doing anything. He has also said me once at the end of one of our meetings, "I hope you enjoy the warm weather, such as yourself." But then he quickly changed the ending of it by saying, "such as today." He also mirrors my actions and words a lot and doesn't do it with others in the group. Why does he keep doing this?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 05:28 pm
@kindpiano,
It sounds like an awkward attempt to flirt with you. It is inappropriate in a workplace since it is clear you don't want this attention.

You could tell him you are uncomfortable, or you could talk to HR. It is possible that he thinks you are in on the joke. That he is married is irrelevant... you shouldn't bring that up. The important point is that he is making you uncomfortable at work.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:00 pm
introverted attempt at testing your interest in an affair with him. he is looking for any sign you are available and willing for an affair. if you smile, drool eye contact or put out body language toward him he will get more aggressive to please you. he is avoiding any inappropriate actions to avoid work environment problems. just let him know that you don't appreciate his focus on you as you are uncomfortable about a married dude flagging you in front of CO workers. give him your phone number if interested in him and tell him to play straight at work if he wants a relationship with you outside of work site.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 10:58 pm
Is this the same dude you talked about last September?
0 Replies

Erica Fernandes

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 02:16 am
@kindpiano,
Just avoid him. He is trying to flirt with you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 06:00 am
Could be worse.

0 Replies

Robertt8

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 07:25 pm
@kindpiano,
I think she is not satisfied with her husband. Trying to flirt with you
0 Replies

NACHOFUNNYMAN

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2019 11:51 am