Jane Fonda and the "60 Minutes" Interview

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:37 am
The crap coming out of San Francisco these days is just unbelievable.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:30 am
I saw the show. I did believe her sincerity. One can certainly make errors in judgement (youthful indescretions if you will). Hell, you can even change/move your political views over the years. I was in the Air Force from 65-69. I forgive her. We're beating a dead horse.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:49 pm
rodeman- "Youthful indiscretion??? Jane Fonda was born in 1937. She went to Vietnam in 1973. Unless my math is way off, she was 36 years old. I could forgive a 22 year old, but not someone who was her age. She should have known better.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000404/
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 01:16 pm
Poor little Jane! So rich, and yet, so big are the bags under her eyes! Cheap botox?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 08:16 pm
No. Cheap shot, tho.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 08:38 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
rodeman- "Youthful indiscretion??? Jane Fonda was born in 1937. She went to Vietnam in 1973. Unless my math is way off, she was 36 years old. I could forgive a 22 year old, but not someone who was her age. She should have known better.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000404/

You mean like Henry Hyde and his youthful indiscretions in his FIFTIES!
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:13 pm
I personally hope that if there is a hell, Jane Fonda burns there for eternity.
I happen to know a POW who did survive a meeting with her but the other three POWs didn't survive the beatings they got after Fonda took the notes they gave her while shaking hands, and gave them all to the North Viets.
She is directly responsible for the deaths of three POWs and possibly others.

She deprived families of husbands and fathers.......there has to be a special place in hell for her just as there is for Robert S. McNammara for ordering those pilots back to the same target time after time while allowing the enemy time to prepare for another attack.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:31 pm
Quote:
She is directly responsible for the deaths of three POWs and possibly others

How?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 01:03 am
goodfielder wrote:
Quote:

How?

rayban1 wrote:

I happen to know a POW who did survive a meeting with her but the other three POWs didn't survive the beatings they got after Fonda took the notes they gave her while shaking hands, and gave them all to the North Viets.

I hope you DO know that for real, Rayban - that it is not just rumour and gossip - because that is a very serious charge to make.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 05:29 am
It's still a dead horse as Rodeman said.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 05:31 am
What's going to win the Grand National-That's what I want to know on A2K.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 06:14 am
spendius wrote:
It's still a dead horse as Rodeman said.

Dead horse? A dead horse can still start an argument. Walk into any pub in Australia and ask who murdered Phar Lap :wink:
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 06:15 am
spendius wrote:
What's going to win the Grand National-That's what I want to know on A2K.

Hasn't been a decent Grand National winner since Nicholas Silver Very Happy
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 07:03 am
dlowan wrote:
goodfielder wrote:
Quote:

How?

rayban1 wrote:

I hope you DO know that for real, Rayban - that it is not just rumour and gossip - because that is a very serious charge to make.

Anyone who protested this insane war ultimately helped save lives.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 07:28 am
Quote:

Chrissee- Quite possibly. I never had any problem with domestic protests. They are perfectly appropriate in a free society. My problem is "giving aid and comfort to the ememy", which was what IMO, Jane did!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:00 am
goodfielder:-

Is that the last winner you backed in the GN?

Any winner of that race is a decent horse on the day.If the last thirty winners raced I would back Rough Quest.

I had a bookie's pitch the day Foinavon won.What about that?It took me three days getting back home.

The Ashes loom.That's really serious.I reckon Warnie's going to get clattered.I was talking to a groundsman last week and they have some ace pitches being readied.McGrath'l get it too.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:02 am
Ooppsie-woopsie I forgot Jane.

Wasn't she lovely eh?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:12 am
I was only a kid spendius but Nicholas Silver was the only grey that year.

Warne? Less said the better. I don't want to get sued. Shocked
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:19 am
dlowan wrote:
goodfielder wrote:
Quote:

How?

rayban1 wrote:

Dlowan

I know this may be difficult for you to visualize in your smug little rabbit hole in the land of OZ, but can you imagine how SERIOUS it is to be a POW in a North Vietnam, rat infested, hell hole, to be dragged out and cleaned up, put on clean?, clothes, find a little scap of paper to write a note to a loved one, then have that bitch turn them over to the enemy. Smoke your cigarette and think about that for just a second or two.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:27 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

Chrissee- Quite possibly. I never had any problem with domestic protests. They are perfectly appropriate in a free society. My problem is "giving aid and comfort to the enemy", which was what IMO, Jane did!

Great point Phoenix but did you notice how the "AID AND COMFORT TO THE ENEMY" was ignored by this idealistic , "ANYTHING IS ACCEPTABLE TO AMERICANS IN WAR" crowd.
0 Replies