Tuesday the 6th of November is MIDTERM ELECTIONS!

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2018 12:45 pm
Go see if you have ballot questions for your local and state elections tomorrow.
Click here BALLOTPEDIA to see your ballot questions/

We New Yorkers have three ballot questions. So, read up.

Check in here after you voted tomorrow. You don't have to reveal who you voted for (#obviousduh).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 2,925 • Replies: 58

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2018 01:12 pm
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2018 02:46 pm
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:

Due to security concerns at polling places, the election has been split by an act of Congress for this year.

Registered Democrats, Liberal and Green Party will vote on Wednesday, NOV 7, 2018

Registered Republicans, Libertarians and Conservatives will vote of Tuesday, NOV 6, 2018.

Congressional link
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2018 03:07 pm
@McGentrix,
How old is that? I was pretty young first time I heard it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 06:27 am
@tsarstepan,
Voted at 06:15 this morning.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 07:16 am
For the record, I mailed in my ballot weeks ago. For the enquiring minds that hound me about my vote, I voted the lesser of two evils and went straight ticket Democrat. That doesn't change my stated opinions about the two parties, just acceptance that the Republicans are way ahead of the curve just now.
engineer

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 07:20 am
@edgarblythe,
Voted last week. There is an early voting site right next to where I work, so I vote early every election even if it is soil and water conservation manager. It also shows the importance of access to the polling place. Having somewhere to vote that I drive by every day gets me to vote more often.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 07:38 am
@engineer,
Samantha Bee wrote:

Do not take this election for granted.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:33 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
We New Yorkers have three ballot questions. So, read up.
Three in Michigan too. Recreational pot legalization. Anti-gerrymandering. And letting Democrats cheat in elections.

I don't feel strongly about the first two, but will vote for them. The third sounds horrible to me.

Apparently I'm in the minority, because the polls say that the third one is likely to pass. The first two are too close to call the last I heard.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:35 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
For the record, I mailed in my ballot weeks ago.
I'm always afraid that my vote could be challenged and thrown out if I vote absentee.

Voting in person I know for sure that my vote will be counted.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:39 am
http://www.michiganradio.org/post/these-are-ballot-proposals-michiganders-will-vote-november

Quote:
Proposal 3: Voting Rights Policies Initiative

A proposal to amend the Michigan Constitution of 1963 by amending Article II, Section 4. If adopted the proposal would provide citizens qualified to vote in Michigan with the following rights:

to vote a secret ballot;

for military and overseas voters to be sent a ballot 45 days before an election;

to vote straight party on all partisan general election ballots;

to be automatically registered to vote when obtaining a driver’s license or personal identification card from the Secretary of State, unless the person declines;

to register to vote by mail on or before the 15th day before an election;

to register to vote in person at any time with proof of residency;

to vote an absentee ballot, by mail or in person, without giving a reason;

and to have election results audited to ensure the accuracy of elections.

This proposal is to be voted on at the November 6, 2018 general election.

scary stuff right there

Shocked Laughing Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:42 am
@tsarstepan,
got your sticker? go to Veselka for half-price perogies !!!!

I'd be so envious sitting here with my Veselka coffee mug filled with pens.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:45 am
@ehBeth,
Just say your FB post. Very Happy
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:48 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:
For the record, I mailed in my ballot weeks ago.
I'm always afraid that my vote could be challenged and thrown out if I vote absentee.

Voting in person I know for sure that my vote will be counted.

I worry the electronic voting machine will flip my vote. The answer is to get a good paper system going that can and automatically will be verified.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:58 am
@tsarstepan,
I wanted to be dang sure you didn't miss the Veselka offer ... if you're anywhere nearby Smile (as I pat my beloved Veselka mug)

144 2nd Ave

https://www.veselka.com/menu/dinner/
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 01:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
I voted at lunch time - we have 3 questions - nurses (which was discussed here); something along the lines of limited money to politics; and one regarding bathrooms

We don't get stickers so I get no discounts for voting
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 01:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
The PA congressional maps have been stripped of their grrymandered GOP influence. We no longer have these districts that had been drawn in order to isolate nd disenfranchise minorities . And, another finding from registration, the suburbs are growing Dem .

We will see. Several presidential elections ago (Obama's first term election) The GOP party of Chster County used its mighty powers to change the polling plce for the area about the Lincoln University district (A hitorically Black College). They lost their attempt cauae the kids waited in long lines in the rain, ven after they were told that the polls were closing at 8PM. The kids went into stubborn mode and called the state offices of elections who came and kept the polling places open.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 03:33 pm
Bill Maher

From early optics, it looks like our Soros-funded plan to bring caravan migrants to Hillary's pizza parlor to get registered to commit massive voter fraud in return for free luxury cars is working - oh...woops.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 08:12 pm
Republicans just won Indiana (for the Senate). That was a "lean Democratic" seat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/nbc-news-gop-challenger-braun-defeats-donnelly-indiana-senate-race-n932806

The Republicans will definitely hold the Senate, and could even gain seats.

Presuming that NBC is correct of course.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 09:19 pm
O'Rourke has lost.
0 Replies