American Idol

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 10:22 am
(I think most of Vonzell's votes will revert to Bo).
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:02 am
I agree. I'm predicting Bo to win now.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:43 am
Would someone please tell him to put the mike stand down? Why does he always have to carry it around while he sings? It gets a little weird after awhile.

I'll be happy if either of them wins. Carrie's the hometown favorite here, and I think Bo is great.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:51 am
He does overuse the carried mike bit to the point of an affectation. He should use it to punctuate a certain phrase or rift.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:33 am
Exactly, LW. Still, he is awfully good.

He's a lot more self-assured than Carrie, don't you think? Probably because of his age. He's got 7 years on her.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:28 am
I think he has a more unique voice and style than Carrie who might still get a recording contract on a Country Western label. She will have to work on style and personality, her stage presence is weak.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:14 pm
I think they're both no-talent idiots with almost non-existent charisma. In fact, the only one at all that I thought had any kind of possible star power was that Constantine guy. American Idol? Ha! It should be called American Mediocre No-talent Dumbass Designed, Packaged And Processed With The Simple Goal Of Extracting As Many Dollars As Possible Out Of Sheep-like Teen-age Morons For The Next Six Months, After Which, You Will Never Hear From This Worthless Attention-Whore Ever Again...okay, it might be a little tough to fit that title on the TV guides, but still...
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:39 pm
I never understood the fascination with Constantine. He always gave me the creeps, but never as much as when he went overboard with the eyeliner & lipstick and looked like Freddie Mercury warmed over.

Never really cared for that Ukrainian kid either (Anthony?), but I thought he got screwed over when he had to sing a Philadelphia song and Simon raked him for not having enough soul. I mean the kid's from Ukraine. Give Tina Turner pigtails & make her yodel and see how that turns out.

Yeah ... Carrie's hot, but Bo has talent.
0 Replies

jwalker

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:09 am
Im putting my bet on bo to win. He's fantastic out there on stage and really wows the crowd.Carrie's still good too.Just wish that jessica sirrea(sp?) got through.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:26 am
Anthony is a crooner and if he was really as good as someone like Michael Buble (who can also swing) or Harry Connick, Jr. he'd have it made. But he's not. I'm afraid Simon's call that he sometimes sounded like a band vocalist on a cruise ship is too close to the truth. More voice lessons for some of them would help. Bo has a distinctive reedy sound to his voice that fits a lot of different styles of music but I agree with Simon that his forte shouldn't only be rock. He could do the part of Christ in "Jesus Christ, Superstar" with no problem.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:22 pm
Does anyone know if they're doing 3 songs each tonight....how are they going to fill an hour?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:28 pm
3 or maybe even 4?
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:57 pm
Do we know what the theme is? SOrry if someone stated it before..I am wondering too how they will fill up the whole hour.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:22 pm
They can introduce more bio material and sets by the entire twelve finalists. I don't remember how that was handled before. It's Bo's to lose.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:42 pm
i think i remember last year, all twelve finalists were back and the final two did single songs and they did songs with all the finalists (i have a vague recollection of this)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:21 pm
Carry SOOO blew Bo away! I was shocked!

Bo seemed to have a "tight throat" or to be straining. He got better comments from the judges than I expected.

Really want him to win, so I'm hoping its something others will overlook as just being a tense night.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:35 pm
Bo did not deliver any deal closers tonight. In fact, his voice was all throat and no diaphram power, and his song selection was not good although it improved from start to finish.

Carrie capped him tonight, and I say that with no pleasure. I like Bo better, but I have said all along I think Carrie will win it.

I will happily eat crow if he wins. Two servings.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:57 pm
I'm recording it here in the West Coast, the OC, to watch when I get home. I must say the hi def and 5/1 Dolby Digital sure makes it look and sound great. It's hard to predict what the voting audience will do even if Bo wasn't up-to-par. They have voted before based on a culmination of performances rather than that single night. I think it's a real cliffhanger until tomorrow.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 07:11 am
I have heard many news sources say that Bo will win. Couldn't watch last night because I really have no favorite between Bo and Carrie, I really thought Vonzell was the better all around performer-Carrie's voice is more predictable, but Vonzell had more soul. Made me sad to see her go. Oh well, there is always next year.

Did anyone see last weeks thursday night American Idol with the worst auditions from around the world? That was the most hysterical thing i have seen in a long time. We were crying it was so funny. The one guy from the US who sang like a virgin-omg was that funny. Does these people actually think they are good? or do they do it just to be on TV-i am hoping for the latter.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 09:13 am
Conspiracy theory?
Quote:
The latest fuel thrown on the great "American Idol is rigged and Carrie Underwood will win" conspiracy theory is that a respected British newspaper has printed that Carrie already has won. In an article about BusinessWeek's 25 Stars of Europe, The Independent lists Simon Fuller as one of the names on the list. The article goes on to describe Simon Fuller, as "the pop impresario whose American Idol TV competition was won this year by Carrie Underwood."
the entire article: realitytvmagazine

Link to the "actual" independent.co.uk article, which has been removed:
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/story.jsp?story=640328

Google's cache of the removed article:
Click here to view it
0 Replies