"The value of nihilistic thinking."

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 01:27 am
There's more bullshit in this thread than you find in a Kansas feed lot. But LF gets to preach his BS to a new acolyte. How charming.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 02:44 am
@Setanta,
My view is that It’s good to be challenged and come to the conclusion that sometimes we do get things COMPLETELY wrong and we need wipe the slate clean and start again.That goes for both sides of the debate not just one.We all have belief systems whether we like it or not.When our belief systems are challenged then its natural to get upset.Its like having the rug pulled from beneath our feet.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 03:21 am
@Jasper10,
You are most welcome and thanks for the question.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 05:55 am
@Jasper10,
Having what you are pleased to call "belief systems" is only a superficial statement. It does not address why one has a belief or beliefs, nor does it address with what one supports a belief or beliefs. For example, I believe that the evolution of life to more complex forms of life as a result of natural selection is supported by scientific evidence--which is the why and the support. Believing that one's magic sky daddy created everything one sees completely lacks support, never mind they why of what one believes.

Not all beliefs are created equal.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 07:00 am
@Setanta,
I totally get that there has to be a reason why each individual has a belief system, however and as I have said in my previous comments even though individuals can share their beliefs/ justifications, the same individuals have no burden on them whatsoever to provide firm proof to any other individual.I have no issue whatsoever with submitting to the the “sky daddy” if that’s where real truth lies and therefore the data I input into my computers is balanced.It would appear that, for some anyway,the thought of having to submit in this way results in them keying in imbalanced data into their computers.Key rubbish in you get rubbish out is my experience.This is my firm and proven (to myself anyway) experience.It appears that creation is perfectly balanced.
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 07:14 am
@Jasper10,
No, you don't have to prove anything to me. If, however, you want to be taken seriously, you need to be able to support your claims. I don't see that ever happening with a magic sky daddy superstition.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 08:02 am
@Setanta,
My posts are clear enough, to me anyway, and hopefully to others to...granted a bit deep...but my view is, one has to dig deep and think outside the box a bit.We can’t get a way from the overwhelming evidence for design in creation and the non existent evidence supporting all the slowly morphing creatures in the supposed billions of years rock formations.I do go off facts and not fantasies.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 11:38 am
@Jasper10,
Why do they always have to bring up sky daddies?
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 12:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
My view of nihilism, rightly or wrongly,is that for every thought/reasoning/belief /consciousness state etc there is always an equal and opposite view point.I therefore have no problem if God is mentioned or not mentioned.What I know with 100% certainty is that if you want to accept nihilism then you can’t cherry pick.If you say there is no God then you have to accept also that there might be.Whats interesting is that the very thing that is used to try and put a nail in the God coffin is the very thing that the opposite view God uses to put the possibility to us that our physical bodies are just biological machines with 2 amazing computers that were always meant to cancel each other out.
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 12:58 pm
@Jasper10,
A bit deep? . . . not too conceited, are you. There is absolutely no evidence for design, nor creation, for that matter. It's intellectual bullying to insist on your terms before continuing discussion. I don't bully easily--not at all, in fact. I have not seen you supply a single fact. What evidence can you produce for your "god?" What evidence can you produce for a supernatural creation? What evidence can you produce for "design?"
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 01:15 pm
@Jasper10,
Absolutely, I can go with or without God in the discussion as well. It’s just that when discussing whether life required 'design' or not, you have to stick to one side or the other in order for the conversation not to devolve into an argument of whether you are relying on science or theism to support your argument.

I find atheists are least able to separate the two approaches with the religious not that much better. It screws up many a promising discussion.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 01:17 pm
@Setanta,
I have absolutely no idea why the word bullying is used.Why do you use this term? If my views are wrong then they are wrong and if they right they are right.Why is this considered even remotely,bullying.What else is going on in your mindset?
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 01:29 pm
@Jasper10,
Don't give me some "mindset" bullshit. You stated, as though it were fact, that a creation had taken place, and that there is evidence of design. To attempt to discuss that is to accept those premises, and I don't. For you to insist upon them is intellectual bullying. If you can answer the questions I asked you in my last post, there may be a basis for discussion. Otherwise, you just insist on setting the terms of discussion.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 01:49 pm
@Setanta,
Apologies if I upset you.Discussion closed.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 03:36 pm
@Leadfoot,
All I am saying is that if you push the computers to their extremes they compute nihilism.Some people reason that there is no reasoning after that.Others however reason differently.They reason that all that has happened is that the computers have cancelled each other out and proved that they are just well balanced quantum machines that communicate with each other until they both agree that machines is all they are.My view is that we just need to let the programme run it’s course.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 03:36 pm
@Jasper10,
You don't upset me, you're not that important. You're nothing to me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 03:39 pm
@Jasper10,
Oh, but I'm not surprised that you want to drop out, you haven't answered my questions, and I suspect that you can't.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 05:11 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I have absolutely no idea why the word bullying is used.Why do you use this term? If my views are wrong then they are wrong and if they right they are right.Why is this considered even remotely,bullying.What else is going on in your mindset?

That's just the tone he uses to inflame discussion. No matter how calm and emotionally-neutral you keep your tone, he will use provocative language to get you going. He might be a slave to demons that want to feed on your soul, who reward him in some way when he succeeds in stirring up emotional reactions.

Just watch how he reacts to this post . . .
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 05:17 pm
@livinglava,
Liar , , , whiner . . .
livinglava

Reply Wed 20 May, 2020 05:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Liar , , , whiner . . .

You subdued your reaction to avoid fulfilling my prediction, but there was another post in another thread where you just dropped out of the blue talking about 'jackass' this and that. Totally uncalled for. Calling me a whiner and a liar is also provocative, just not as blatantly offensive.
0 Replies