Try to contemplate and Understand true "Nothingness"?

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:52 pm
With nothing, I mean the non-existence of everything. No emptiness, no, vacuum, no quantum particles, no dimensions, no multiverse, zero energy, no living things, no earth, no milky way, no universe, no laws of nature, no space, no time, no heaven or hell just a total absence or none- the existence of everything.

Squeeze everything that exists in an infinite tiny singularity and then squeeze that final thing out of existence.
. . .
A mind-boggling, brain-, brain-numbing and brain- twisting overwhelming concept, terrifying, frightening, too awful to contemplate and impossible think about, without going insane and totally beyond the understanding of any human genius.

But nevertheless, give it a bash?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 5,990 • Replies: 16
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 09:09 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Al that's where I started, concluding that the supernatural can't account for it, as the word itself appears to mean 'impossible,' that things are the way they are because that's the way they hafta be

So yes we should think more about 'nothingness,' the absence of everything
0 Replies

Imbigdad

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 05:32 am
@Alan McDougall,
You picture it every time you fall asleep and don't dream.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2020 11:57 am
@Alan McDougall,
My view is that if we listen to the logic of the biological computer brain which in my view is in fact 2 off competing quantum computers either side of the brain with 2 off off consciousness states (which in my opinion we experience as the the split consciousness state or autopilot/stuck in our head consciousness state) then yes I can can understand the logic of their conclusions.My view is that the physical body including the brain is just a machine with computers that just cancel each other out with the data/ logic of each.In other words to these computers right/wrong mean absolutely nothing at all.In other words right can be wrong and wrong can be right to a computer.Its just data.They can only compute physical stuff as well.The spiritual means absolutely nothing at all to these computers...to them there is no such thing as the spiritual.therefore if you only listen to the logic of these computers then yeah I suppose trying to think about what nothingness is a valid question that they put to you because they no nothing else.
Jasper10

Reply Fri 8 May, 2020 02:30 am
@Jasper10,
So are you referring the neutral consciousness state whereby you have switched the 2 off biological computer voices off or learn’t to not listen to them.You have come through NIHILISM.The “You” only now listens to the pure voice of the “I am” is my understanding of it?
Jasper10

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 04:44 am
@Jasper10,
I know it comes down to individual views and they are only views at the end of the day,but it would appear to me that as long as nihilism is debated along the lines of disproving that there is a God many are comfortable with this view.If it is used for a counter argument then the post gets removed.Fair enough,it does highlight the one sidedness of some of these debates.
0 Replies

Brother James

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2022 11:28 am
@Alan McDougall,
Less difficult than imagined. But, the term "nothing" is what the Bible suggests was existence prior to the Creation. Genesis 1:2. But "nothing" is what Man perceives of Neutral Spiritual Energy, or NSgy, which is the Energy of God, and we Souls. The only accessible part of which is what we refer to as "Intuition". Which is a matter of shifting one's Attention out of the brain and into one's Consciousness, making use of one's level of Consciousness which must be sufficient to resonate with the vibration of a higher level of Consciousness, which we refer to as Enlightened. Multiple levels of Consciousness, in other words. Peace
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2022 12:10 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Things did not begin with a single Big Bang.That is out of date secular science.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2022 01:36 pm
Watch 2 hours of Tucker Carlson.
0 Replies

Agent Smith

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 12:52 am
@Alan McDougall,
Amazing post! It's at a whole new level for me! An eye-opener ... the shaking, the tremors, it's, they're gone!
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 01:13 am
@Jasper10,
I would suggest that it is impossible to contemplate and understand true nothingness.

Awareness suggests that if all matter disappeared then we would come to the conclusion that all that remained was total darkness forgetting the fact that the thing that assumed this was present completely filling that total darkness.There being no place that it didn’t fill.

Therefore,

AWARENESS suggests that all that would remain would be total lightness as well, completely covering the darkness.

Therefore,

AWARENESS suggests that a better description of this place following the disappearance of all matter would be GLASS which has both darkness and light within it.
Agent Smith

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 01:49 am
@Jasper10,
I like yer style mon ami!

How does one contemplate nothing, really? I don't see how it's possible and we're not alone in this - having hit some kinda conceptual wall (a bug, a feature?.
0 Replies

Richardk

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2023 09:51 pm
My thinking about "Nothingness". I don't think the concept of "nothing" can exist by itself or as an absolute. Since the concept of "nothing" refers to "no thing" there has to be the concept of a "thing" in order for there to be the concept of "no thing". Both concepts MUST coexist. So there can't be absolutely "nothing".
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2023 04:15 pm
@Richardk,
Correct!
Absolute Nothingness is a self defeating, self contradictory concept.
In simple straight forward terms, if nothingness was a thing, say the shape of absence of something, then it is not absolute as it refers to the thing which is absent, thus it is not nothingness. Total absence includes the absence of the concept of absence and any other concept or thing, be it past present or future, be it concrete or abstract, physical or platonic.
Such concept which by definition requires the very negation of conceptualization is absolute obscurantist garbage!
0 Replies

rrroman

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2023 12:04 pm
@Jasper10,
Lo siento, ha sido un error
0 Replies

rrroman

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2023 12:07 pm
@Jasper10,
La verdadera "nada" parece ser un concepto límite al cual nos podemos aproximar mediante eliminaciones sucesivas de todo lo que existe: imaginamos que vamos suprimiendo una partícula tras otra hasta el último átomo y el último electrón; Seguimos suprimiendo la luz y las radiaciones hasta el último fotón, después todos los campos gravitatorios y electromagnéticos, el espacio y el tiempo, las leyes, los conceptos, y al final llegaríamos al concepto de nada. Pero llegaríamos en falso porque el citado concepto, tanto inmaterial como representación neuronal, sería algo existente, contradiciéndose a sí mismo. La nada estaría vacía de coneptos, incluido el de la nada
0 Replies

Richardk

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2023 01:24 am
More thoughts about "Nothingness". When I think about a Universe that is infinite, I imagine a Universe without size. When I try to imagine a Universe without size, what am I imagining? It seems like I am imagining nothing. There are no words to describe what I am imagining. So maybe "Nothingness" is the concept of an infinite Universe.
0 Replies