0

"The value of nihilistic thinking."

Jasper10

-1  
Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 12:45 pm
@livinglava,
Read 2 Corinthians 5, just found it.I knew something had to be there somewhere.I was not surprised when I found it....pleasantly surprised I have to admit... I agree with this view.
livinglava

-2  
Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 12:51 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Yes, salvation is a guarantee, as long as you don't deny that it's a guarantee.
Jasper10

-2  
Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 12:54 pm
@livinglava,
Very interesting.Thankyou.
Jasper10

-2  
Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 01:40 pm
@Jasper10,
My view is that when it comes to the biological computers in our head the computers can agree to agree with each other (1,1) OR they can have doubts (1,0 / 0,1) and battle with the issue OR the computers can disagree to disagree with each other (0,0).The (0,0) can flip to (1,1) and the (1,1) can flip to (0,0).Any information can be inputted into these computers.My view is that we are not these computers.We are spiritual beings that need to recognise that this is how our physical brain works.We interact with these computers.They should not dictate to us ..we should dictate to them.At a spiritual level if a kingdom is divided against itself it will fall.
livinglava

-2  
Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 01:54 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

At the spiritual level, we just observe what's going on, including our minds and interactions. A faithful mind is trying to do what's best to serve the will of God, i.e. to help His will "be done on Earth as it is in heaven," but we have to realize that we are not God and the things we think we are doing to serve His will can be wrong and/or backfire because they are being done by imperfect beings in an imperfect world. Still, if we don't do our best to try to do whatever we believe is right, then we are giving into something that is less than our most faithful service to Truth.
Jasper10

-1  
Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 02:13 pm
@livinglava,
I agree one needs to be very careful what one thinks.Everyone is on their own unless they choose not to be.

popeye1945

1  
Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2020 04:07 pm
@jufa,
Nihilistic thinking for the most part is a disfunctional , if not anti life proposition, however, in considering the barrenness of this outlook has made me realize that in fact the physical world is indeed meaningless. That said, it also makes me aware that meaning is bestowed upon the physical world by biological consciousness and at that, one becomes aware that humanity is free to value what it finds most life supporting. deed our biology is the interpreter of the physical world and its meaning to our biological selves, values are not written in stone, but can be morally, emotionally and intellectually selected. All meaning is biologically determined.
Jasper10

-1  
Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 02:53 am
@popeye1945,
Your GUESS is that All meaning is biologically determined.You cannot possibly KNOW with certainty that your statement is true.You can HOPE it to be true as much as you like...It might not be true.
popeye1945

1  
Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2020 01:29 am
@Jasper10,
All that is known is known cognitively, there simply is not another manner of knowing.
Jasper10

0  
Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2020 02:13 am
@popeye1945,
You can't possibly know that to be DEFINITIVELY true.....How can you? you would need to PROVE it which you can't.....you know this as well...

i.e. we all know that we don't know whether there is a God or not.

You therefore make a foolish statement.

You need to be more balanced with your views otherwise you only deceive yourself.
Jasper10

0  
Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2020 02:37 am
@Jasper10,
If you want to go the cognitive route then fine but consider all possibilities of that route......if we are only going to consider the biological reasonings then they will always...always cancel out ...hence why people arrive at the nihilistic view point...

where they go wrong is that they then deduce...

AND THEREFORE THERE IS NO GOD...

but they could also deduce...

AND THEREFORE THERE IS A GOD...

Why? because there is the possibility that it is only the biological reasonings that have cancelled themselves out....NOT the real YOU.