unexplained back pain

pragmatic

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:54 pm
It's better. I went to the CT scan last Monday but because of the public holidays, I won't be able to know it till next Tuesday or Wednesday. I am going to raise some of the stuff that Diane said about possible muscle inflammation to my GP...

I bet the net is a marvellous resource!! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:34 pm
pragmatic - let us know when you get results!
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 05:18 pm
Will do - should be by tomorrow unless my gp or the scan centre stuffed up...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 05:37 pm
We'll be around. Let us know.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:26 am
Hi all you caring wonderful people:

results were back and they say that nothing seems to be out of order...but even the paper I was reading sounded unsure. My GP says that it may be pinched nerves (??) and I may need some injections...I intend to wait for a little while more and see how my back goes...

I still have a bad feeling about it all, though... Mad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 07:13 am
It sounds like they're ruled out a number of things - like active disease process. Which would be excellent news.

Pinched nerves is dealable. Have you made the adjustments to the way you carry your knapsack? have you tried to lighten the load you're carrying? are you taking care of your stress levels?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 01:17 am
Thanks for all those reminders ehbeth...

your avator again....*smile* Its so cute - I love dogs...You can just ask ossobuco...

I can't believe this post has gone to 5 pages - brings a tear to my eye *sniff*
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 01:28 am
Yeh, but ehBeth is right, do change how you deal with your backpack...

too funny, Prag, that you like m'dog Pacco, and I used to sign in with your avatar. Small world after all.

osso
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 01:31 am
Ossobuco...I am seriously contemplating using the username Pacco on the next chat forum I join...preferably a dog lovers chat forum...

hehe Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 02:04 am
Okay by me; his name means package in italian. If you explain the name somewhere, please explain it is ossobuco's dog, he would like that. Please don't copy his photo, that is sort of personal. I'm sure there are many corgi photos on line, though none quite as wonderful (heh) as this particular one of m'pacc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 11:07 am
Haven't you met my dogs yet, Pragmatic?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:15 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Okay by me; his name means package in italian. If you explain the name somewhere, please explain it is ossobuco's dog, he would like that. Please don't copy his photo, that is sort of personal. I'm sure there are many corgi photos on line, though none quite as wonderful (heh) as this particular one of m'pacc.

Will do any explaining - anything to keep that cute face of his cute. copy his photo? That to me is the equivalent of plagarism and university has terriorised us out of even thinking about plagarism! We get skinned alive (by our parents after first being expelled by the university). No - its too original - every dog is and I would feel like the world's biggest idiot if I had to copy someone else's dog and claim it as my own instead of getting my own... Rolling Eyes

My own dog...someday *sigh* Confused
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:17 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Haven't you met my dogs yet, Pragmatic?

NOOO....you never told me you had dogs!! (Or are you having me on?? Shocked ) But I will be very happy to meet them. Are they corgi? Or cairns terriors (my favorite!) or...

did you mean the one on the avator??? hehehe Laughing Now that is one cute doggy... *gush*
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:19 pm
http://img131.exs.cx/img131/3118/baileyandcleobusted6hc.jpg

This is my favourite pic of my canine companions, Pragmatic.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:19 pm
It is a dog isn't it, ehbeth? I would feel so stupid if you posted back something like, "no its an llama attending a wedding"
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:20 pm
can't talk, can't talk...too busy squealing over how cute they are...and they look so clean!!

Oh, I hope this isn't going to create a doggy competition btwn them (what are their names, ehbeth) and Pacco!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:47 pm
My current avatar (it's the one I first wore here at A2K, and still wear most often), seems to be a chihuahua in a bed of some sort of spring flower - she is sometimes known affectionately as the deerhuahua.

My little friends are Mr. Bailey (the blonde) and Miss Cleopatra (the titian-haired beauty). You can call them Bailey and Cleo if you'd like, Pragmatic. I think Bailey and Pacco would get on well together. Cleo can be a bit of a charm school drop-out with other dogs, so she'd probably just rawther sit with you and grin at you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:29 pm
Charm school, heh. Pacco could use charm school re dogs passing by the gallery.. I try very hard to keep him behind the office gate.

Pacco is fine with dogs he's met in a non-territorial situation.
For example, this morning my business partner had three dogs with her - her doberman and her deaf cocker spaniel, and a springer spaniel she is taking care of for a pal of ours on vacation. Four dogs in one work space, what a zoo. Pacco is the lead worrier, but the springer spaniel follows up with a hefty single bark. Luckily, business partner takes her dogs home fairly early in the day. (We both live close to work).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:30 pm
ehem.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 10:51 pm
Woof!!!!!
0 Replies