unexplained back pain

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:05 pm
There are many benefits to keeping healthy. I'm now 69 and will be 70 in July. I try to walk a minimum of three miles every day, and try to eat a balanced diet. Wink Blessings to you from California.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:08 pm
Hi CI:

Shock and surprise!! Shocked Shocked You're 70? You sound like your midage, more like! My dad is in his 60s but I don't think he could ever sound as bright and optimistic like you...

In a nutshell, hope I am as healthy as you sound when I am that age (hehe, will be lucky to make it to that age, actually). Laughing
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:10 pm
In another thought, maybe I will move over to California myself...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:10 pm
Nothing to be ashamed of, pragmatic. We all have times where we carry around (virtually, and literally) all kinds of crazy things.

Phoenix has the strength of a survivor who has learned to discern what really matters - and sometimes that's a wallet instead of a big knapsack.

I carry around more than I need (in my bag, and in my head) everyday. I'm better about it than I used to be - but carrying stuff around seems to have some value for me.

Ackkk, the c.t. scan. I'll agree, not something you want to do unless you have to - and sometimes you have to, to have things ruled out. I had one to rule out a brain tumour about 15 years ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it allowed me to stop worrying about one thing at least.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:20 pm
wise words, ehbeth, very wise words. Are you a philosopher or academic, something along those lines?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:32 pm
I was in HK last month for Chinese New Years, and attended the parade and the cruise/dinner on Victoria Harbour for the fireworks display the following evening. This was my third visit to HK, and the best ever. I also visited Singapore for one evening, and my friends (Dr John and Yvonne) hosted me on a drive/walking tour of Chinatown and a fantastic dinner at their home. That was followed by a trip to Vietnam (Hanoi, Halong Bay and Saigon), and Cambodia to see Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. We stayed at the Raffle's Grand Hotel d'Angkor - the best in Siem Reap for two nights. The whole trip was fantastic. Been to Australia once in 1999 to Cairns, Port Douglas, Sydney, New Zealand, and Fiji. I love to travel.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:38 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I love to travel.

I can tell. You're very good at it too -know the right places, the right people etc etc. I feel like the most uninteresting person in the world at the moment. Embarrassed

any chance I could fit into one of your suitcases? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:42 pm
pragmatic, I'm a pretty average woman.

I suspect you'd find that we are more similar than different - regardless of location and age.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 06:43 pm
pragmatic, Don't be unfair to yourself. You're still a student in college preparing for your future. That is admirable, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Never let your dreams die.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:10 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Ackkk, the c.t. scan. I'll agree, not something you want to do unless you have to - and sometimes you have to, to have things ruled out. I had one to rule out a brain tumour about 15 years ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it allowed me to stop worrying about one thing at least.

You're right ehbeth - and it's good that the tumor was ruled out and (I hope nothing was wrong with you.)

You changed your avator again - its funny. I couldn't stop chuckling when I saw it. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:47 pm
Nowwwwwwwm, have you seen today's avatar?

There is a residual, annoying, problem I have to deal with, but it's not a tumor.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:54 pm
lovely Shocked . Those bunny ears really emphasise your beautiful face and those high cheek bones. Recommend them highly to anyone. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:04 pm
hehehehehe
hahahaha

i am so loving my EasterKix look!

hehehehe
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:05 pm
well, I can guarantee you, this costume is ripe and ready for the season...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:48 pm
Ah.... the old me shows up again.

(Pragmatic, that was my first avatar at a2k. Such a cutie!)
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 09:43 pm
ossobuco wrote:
(Pragmatic, that was my first avatar at a2k. Such a cutie!)

If you mean the angel baby (what are they called) - you're right, its so cutesie hubababy cherub - but I couldn't say that is what I look like!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 09:53 pm
Well, neither could I say that is who I look like.
Well, maybe the curly hair.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 01:11 am
i still love your corgi - hope it doesnt feel neglected... Sad
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:48 pm
EHBETH...

where do you go to get all that...

*cough, cough* I am choking now...too much laughter... Winnie the Pooh must feel privileged that out of all the avators you could pick from you picked him...

*ahh..* honestly!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:51 pm
Isn't he sweet in his Bunny costume Very Happy
He's the BunnyBear. Not just a hunny bear anymore.

The internet's a marvellous resource, pragmatic.

How's your back these days?
0 Replies