Nike Just did It!

mrsdj1

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 03:38 pm
@maxdancona,
How does this get the angry middle-aged people to advertise their product. What a rude statement. No I am not of that classification, however, you don't have to be in that group or even if you are, why not advertise NIKE?

Unless they are still using cheap outsourced manufacturing and child labor or places where labor laws do not exist. The B company status is what this person is doing and NIKE is known for strategy marketing - so you are right about their target. I am not a boomer or a millennial, but I look to see what the company gives back before I buy.

Hopefully, even if it is a ploy, it makes a difference where it is needed.

thanks for your time.
Chacha66

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 03:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Too bad they cancelled the deal
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 04:13 pm
@mrsdj1,
Have you not seen the ridiculous Facebook posts of angry White people burning their own shoes? It is awesome.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 04:15 pm
@Chacha66,
Chacha66 wrote:

Too bad they cancelled the deal

You should learn to fact check. Much of what you read on racist blogs is simply untrue. The may make you feel good, but they aren't a reliable source of information.

Nike did not cancel the deal.
camlok

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 04:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You should learn to fact check.

Stunning hypocrites just can't help themselves, can they, Max.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 05:36 pm
Breaking news: Doctor's across America remind tRump supporters to remove their Nike's before burning them. Razz
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 05:39 pm
@jcboy,
http://okp-cdn.okayplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Screen-Shot-2018-09-05-at-12.02.00-PM-715x874.png
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 11:32 am
@mysteryman841,
Quote:
What has collin kapernick sacrificed?
He was essentially blackballed from NFL.

Quote:
He still gets paid millions of dollars every year.
Can you provide the evidence of this assertion?

Quote:
He was offered a job by the Denver Bronco's and he turned it down.

Quote:
If you want to talk sacrifice, then there are many vets that have sacrificed limbs, or their lives, for what they believe.
Personal sacrifices comes in many forms. No one is suggesting that kaepernick's personal sacrifices is the equivalence of someone dying or losing a limb. Dying or losing a limb may be the greatest sacrifice anyone can make. But, sacrifices do come in many forms and many degrees. If you are saying that Kaepernick's kneeling protest did not result in any personal sacrifice, I have to respectfully disagree.
Real Music

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 11:42 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The protest had nothing to do with the military. It is Trump supporters who are using the military as political pawns.

I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
I AGREE
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 12:27 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Quote:
He still gets paid millions of dollars every year.

You can find it online, he is still being paid by Nike for his endorsement contract. Not nearly what he made as a QB, but a lot more than I make.
Real Music wrote:

Quote:
He was offered a job by the Denver Bronco's and he turned it down.

Again you can find it online, but this is misleading. Denver offered him a job before the whole anthem debate at less than half his current salary. Very logical that he turned it down and not related to his protests. He has not had a job offer since his protests although he had talks with one team that stalled when he would not promise to stop his activism.
Real Music wrote:

Quote:
If you want to talk sacrifice, then there are many vets that have sacrificed limbs, or their lives, for what they believe.
Personal sacrifices comes in many forms. No one is suggesting that kaepernick's personal sacrifices is the equivalence of someone dying or losing a limb. Dying or losing a limb may be the greatest sacrifice anyone can make. But, sacrifices do come in many forms and many degrees. If you are saying that Kaepernick's kneeling protest did not result in any personal sacrifice, I have to respectfully disagree.

Nor does Kaepernick's protest refer to those of veterans in any way. There is no logic in comparing the two.
Real Music

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 12:38 pm
@engineer,
Thanks.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 08:29 pm
@maxdancona,
And here is maxdancona, defender of Brown people everywhere making snide comments about White people and not giving a damn about Yellow ones.

You're a pip max.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 08:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 08:34 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
He was essentially blackballed from NFL.

And likely thanking his lucky stars! How anyone can go thru all that sickening propaganda before all those boring as **** games is anybody's guess.

He likely had to kneel because he felt nauseous listening to the US war anthem.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 08:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This has nothing to do with Yellow People. I think you are worried about how I feel about Orange people.
camlok

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 08:36 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
He has not had a job offer since his protests although he had talks with one team that stalled when he would not promise to stop his activism.

Because, like free speech is so anti-USA.

The hypocrisy of the USA and many, most of its populace is an incredible sight to see.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 08:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
making snide comments about White people

This hits too close to home, doesn't it, Finn? What degree burns did your feet, ankles, calves suffer?
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 08:39 pm
@maxdancona,
I wondered where the Yellow people meme came from.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 01:44 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Nike continued to pay Kaepernick throughout 2017-18 even though he was not on an NFL team and they did that without a lot of press or chest thumping. Of course dropping him might not have been good marketing, but that support goes a long way with me.
What if someone who you cared about was killed by one of these BLM goons? Would you still be so supportive of their right to murder people?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 01:45 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
That was an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, the supreme war crime as described by Nuremberg. 'serve' is not the right word.
Your support for the 9/11 murderers is disgusting.
0 Replies