Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:12 pm
Sanders campaigning for Clinton

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-eye-post-election-goals/story%3fid=43300037

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/91342564

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/135493/bernie-sanders-just-everything-convince-supporters-vote-hillary-clinton

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:14 pm
@Lash,
The Democratic convention was in late July, 2016--any campaigning Sanders did after June was for himself. If anyone here is lying it's you. I have no use for old political hacks, any more than I do for young political hacks. Yes, the Democrats (whom you have spent about two years attempting to torpedo since you started your phony-baloney "progressive Lash" stunt) don't need a bunch of geezers, whether it's Sanders, Clinton, Biden or anyone else of the old political establishment, of which Sanders is definitely a part.
Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:16 pm
Oh, be sure to vote down my subsequent posts, it's what you do best--what you post is drivel, so voting down other's posts are about your only contributions.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:23 pm
@Setanta,
He campaigned more for her than she did. Anyone saying otherwise is a liar.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:25 pm
You're throwing the name-calling around pretty liberally with that "liar" bullshit (and, of course, you're voting down my posts, because it's the closest thing you've got to a contribution). Hitting the sauce a little early today?
Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:36 pm
No, I just think it’s funny how downvoting gets under your skin.

Plus, the extent of Bernie’s campaigning for Clinton is public record, so your bogus lie about it deserves downvoting.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 05:18 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
(and, of course, you're voting down my posts, because it's the closest thing you've got to a contribution)

That must be why other people are voting me down, they can't contribute any other way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 06:46 pm
I've been dealing with home issues this month. Some days, like today, I have only been able to look in a few times. I haven't read much since I last posted. As for Clinton, I was in love with her candidacy the first time she ran. The second time, I knew too much about her to be happy about her. She would have made a better president than Trump, at least by keeping the ship of state from sinking. Only coldjoint could have been a worse president than Trump. Her emails and Benghazi are politically motivated issues, calculated to make her look bad. She was as bad at campaigning as Gore. My issues with her are her ties to big money and
the fact she wanted to be even tougher, militarily, than Obama. That and the working with the DC to keep Sanders out of the race through cheating.
Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 06:53 pm
I don't know about cheating--but the convention system is certainly corrupt. That's why we need to get rid of the old guard, like Wasserman-Schultz and Brazile.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 07:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I've been dealing with home issues this month. Some days, like today, I have only been able to look in a few times. I haven't read much since I last posted. As for Clinton, I was in love with her candidacy the first time she ran. The second time, I knew too much about her to be happy about her. She would have made a better president than Trump, at least by keeping the ship of state from sinking. Only coldjoint could have been a worse president than Trump. Her emails and Benghazi are politically motivated issues, calculated to make her look bad. She was as bad at campaigning as Gore. My issues with her are her ties to big money and
the fact she wanted to be even tougher, militarily, than Obama. That and the working with the DC to keep Sanders out of the race through cheating.

I don't think Clinton would have done anything except use identity politics to keep the public happy while allowing all sorts of policies to pass that cater to all the forces of global enrichment at the expense of the US.

If she was elected, it would have basically been a continuation of the Obama regime where it seems like there is a lot being done for social justice and the environment, but in reality they just keep stimulating stock market growth and then using the negative side-effects of that growth as further justification for keeping themselves in power.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 07:16 pm
Bernie campaigned for Clinton extensively. Nothing anybody says makes that untrue.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 07:26 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Billionaire Warren Buffett says 'the real problem' with the US economy is people like him. Still, "Their influence as political financiers and political organizers cannot be discounted," Robert Maguire, a political nonprofits investigator at the Center for Responsive Politics told The Washington Post in 2015. "[T]he brothers — and the members of their donor network — have an outsized influence on the who gets nominated for our country's highest offices. Most GOP presidential hopefuls, for example, have auditioned for Koch seal of approval at their donor retreats."
As for the media, the richest person in the world, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, owns The Washington Post and Salesforce CEO and billionaire Marc Benioff recently bought Time.

"If I am a billionaire, it is likely that I will have control over media, as well," Sanders said. "So you have a handful of media conglomerates owned by some of the wealthiest people in this country and in the world determining what the news is; what is appropriate for the American people to discuss and not to discuss."
The "freedom of the press" is an oxymoron.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 08:45 pm
Bernie Sanders

Verified account

@SenSanders
3h3 hours ago
More
The extraordinary power of the corporate establishment is not just over our economy and political life, it is over our imagination and our ability to envision a different kind of world.
livinglava

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 09:18 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Bernie Sanders

Verified account

@SenSanders
3h3 hours ago
More
The extraordinary power of the corporate establishment is not just over our economy and political life, it is over our imagination and our ability to envision a different kind of world.

People have the power to imagine and envision a better world, but their imaginations are vision are for sale. In other words, they have the power to resist the power of money, but they choose the money over what they can achieve with their own power.

It's because spending money is an easier route to gratification than anything else they have the power to do.

If Sanders wants the people to stop selling out, why is he for more social spending and redistribution of money? He just wants them to sell out to the government more instead of to private business? Doesn't he realize that they will just spend the money into private business anyway?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 09:28 am
Tim Canova

Verified account

@Tim_Canova
11h11 hours ago
More
Since @BernieSanders may really run in 2020; before again giving him our limited time & money, he should give us his plans to prevent rigging of electronic voting software, mass purging, voter suppression, destruction of ballots & scanned ballot images. Ignoring it normalizes it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 09:31 am
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Verified account

@Ocasio2018
12h12 hours ago
More Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Retweeted Yarimar Bonilla 👩🏾‍💻
The White House is starving out the island of Puerto Rico by denying the disaster recovery funds it needs.

First went the schools. Now, women are going missing across the island.

If we let this to happen to some Americans, what prevents it from happening to others?To all of us?Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez added,
Yarimar Bonilla 👩🏾‍💻

@yarimarbonilla
I haven’t tweeted enough about this: there is a real state of emergency in Puerto Rico in regards to gender violence, and women who are simply disappearing... slowly consciousness is rising, but the government refuses to address the problem, and had even repressed demonstrators. …
1,303 replies 11,843 retweets 29,763 likes
Reply 1.3K Retweet 12K Like 30K Direct message
livinglava

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 10:18 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Verified account

@Ocasio2018
12h12 hours ago
More Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Retweeted Yarimar Bonilla 👩🏾‍💻
The White House is starving out the island of Puerto Rico by denying the disaster recovery funds it needs.

First went the schools. Now, women are going missing across the island.

If we let this to happen to some Americans, what prevents it from happening to others?To all of us?Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez added,
Yarimar Bonilla 👩🏾‍💻

@yarimarbonilla
I haven’t tweeted enough about this: there is a real state of emergency in Puerto Rico in regards to gender violence, and women who are simply disappearing... slowly consciousness is rising, but the government refuses to address the problem, and had even repressed demonstrators. …
1,303 replies 11,843 retweets 29,763 likes
Reply 1.3K Retweet 12K Like 30K Direct message

Why do democrats always blame lack of funding instead of blaming business for withholding vital necessities and the opportunity to work for them? If there is enough food to go around, why can't people get access to it by contributing their own labor to do so? Answer: minimum wage laws require businesses to deny opportunities to work/invest below a certain budget threshold.

Somehow I don't think Ocasio-Cortez is going to be advocating to dissolve minimum wage and other business expenses that block the poor from working for themselves.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 11:33 am
@livinglava,
Democrats? That's pretty stupid! I'm not a democrat.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I just read an article that claims 92% of college professors are liberal. As an Independent, I believe in many social programs while being a fiscal conservative. That's because as children, our mother depended on welfare to provide four of us children with shelter and food. That program should continue as long as there is poverty in our country.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2018 02:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Had there been no California welfare, it is very possible I would not be alive today.
0 Replies