@Lash,
Who are these people?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 01:51 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I would have preferred...

Well, hindsight is everything.

Mr.Floyd might be alive if, among other things, the late Obama administration had friggin done its job and stepped up to the plate with regard to the murder of Eric Garner (July 2014) via chokehold while saying "I can't breathe!" as eventually terminated officer Daniel Panteleo ended Mr.Garner's life. All while EMS personnel and other worthless cops did nothing on that somewhat hidden piece of Bay Street (Staten Island New York).
Hidden piece? Yes. Formerly known as 'Bay Street Extension ' the very block runs from Bay to Victory Boulevard, on the other side of a small park.

Nobody else involved in Mr.Garner's murder was ever charger and even Panataleo held his job, with pay, until the Police Commissioner finally gave him the axe. (Panataleo, with a costly police misconduct history prior to that, is suing to be reinstated)

The NYC useless mayor DeBlasio, who claims to be a Progressive and cackles about being pals with Bernie Sanders, did nothing other than to say he has had conversations with his black son. He made no move to take any action (likely due to knowing he had already done damage in his relationship with the NYPD.
DeBlasio attempted to rectify his during the protests over George Floyd's murder, by giving the police free reign....until he changed his fickle lot polluted 'mind'.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 02:07 pm
@Olivier5,
The entire Green Party membership.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 02:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Progressives
Who are you?
Who is anybody?
Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 02:25 pm
@Sturgis,
Erica Garner was a friend of Bernie’s and campaigned for him because of how he knocked himself out for justice for Eric. I was honored to speak to her briefly on Twitter before she died shortly after her son’s birth because of conditions she couldn’t afford treatment for. She loved Bernie and complained about how Hillary Clinton—with Harvey Weinstein’s help—shut down Black Lives Matter during her campaign.

But, everything else you said besides your wrong cheap swipe at Bernie Sanders was right.

Those are the moments Democrats didn’t give a **** about.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 02:28 pm
@Lash,
You misread. My mention of Sanders was a slap of DeBlasio, our pseudo Progressive. Nothing said against Mr.Sanders.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 02:49 pm
My sincere apology. You’re right. I was wrong.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 03:49 pm
@Sturgis,
Sorry - what could Obama have done about the Eric Garner Travesty?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 05:31 pm
@snood,
I sure can't even get a clue on that one.

This what President Obama had to say about Eric Garner and the Grand Jury not returning an indictment:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/obama-eric-garner-decision_n_6264762

President Barack Obama on Wednesday addressed a grand jury’s decision not to indict a New York City police officer in the death of Eric Garner, an unarmed black man who died after being placed in a chokehold.

“This is an issue we’ve been dealing with for too long and it’s time for us to make more progress than we’ve made,” Obama said at the annual White House Tribal Nations Conference in Washington. “I’m absolutely committed as president of the United States to making sure that we have a country in which everyone believes in the core principle that we are equal under the law.”

The president noted that he was looking forward to the recommendations of a national task force on policing that he created in the wake of the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, and that he had spoken with Attorney General Eric Holder about the Garner decision. While he said that he could not directly weigh in on the facts of the case as other investigations are still ongoing, Obama did take the opportunity to address the issue of police mistrust, especially in the wake of the shootings of Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, and Trayvon Martin.

“We are not going to let up until we see a strengthening of the trust and a strengthening of the accountability that exists between our communities and our law enforcement,” he said.

“When anybody in this country is not being treated equally under the law, that’s a problem,” he added. “It’s incumbent on all of us as Americans ...that we recognize that this is an American problem and not just a black problem. It is an American problem when anybody in this country is not being treated equally under the law.”

This is at a time when most Americans who had a problem about the Garner murder still believed its was a "few bad apples". We've been disabused of that notion.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 06:43 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

“When anybody in this country is not being treated equally under the law, that’s a problem,” he added. “It’s incumbent on all of us as Americans ...that we recognize that this is an American problem and not just a black problem. It is an American problem when anybody in this country is not being treated equally under the law.”

Then he should turn himself in and turn evidence over so Killary and the whole bunch can face justice. He was a hypocrite then, and Obama is a hypocrite now.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 11:31 pm
@coldjoint,
And you thugs havebeen persecuting her for years and never could come up with a viablecase. Ditto Obama who is still viewed far more favorablythan the Incompetent-in-Chief.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 11:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
And you thugs

We are not out in the streets burning things down because we can't win an election. And Killary is way past thug.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 12:02 am
@coldjoint,
We won the election. The electoral college awarded the presidency to the loser, who turned out to be the worst candidate as all the creeps who made it into the office thru the e.c. have proved to be. That however is not why people are in the streets in their millions. it's to change the systemic racism that's affliicted us for three hundred years, that the sycophants of the incompetent e.c president maintain in the face of mountains of evidence doesn't exist. Which is why voting blue in nov. keeps gaining ground.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 12:17 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
We won the election.

So you burn things down? Please.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 12:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
This what President Obama had to say about Eric Garner and the Grand Jury not returning an indictment:

These are nice words, but strangely subdued. Obama was way too cool with it, if you ask me. Sometimes it’s good to show one’s anger, grief, aggressiveness. Sometimes it’s good to lose one’s cool and show an emotion. He still has to learn how to do that, how to instill emotions (or allow his own emotions) in what he does.

This is not a time for cold, calculating minds, not a time for sweet talkers either. Let’s hope Biden can show a bit of rage, and unleashes it on Satan’s legions once in a while...
snood

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 12:43 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

These are nice words, but strangely subdued. Obama was way too cool with it, if you ask me. Sometimes it’s good to show one’s anger, grief, aggressiveness. Sometimes it’s good to lose one’s cool and show an emotion. He still has to learn how to do that, how to instill emotions (or allow his own emotions) in what he does.

This is not a time for cold, calculating minds, not a time for sweet talkers either. Let’s hope Biden can show a bit of rage, and unleashes it on Satan’s legions once in a while...

Quite a thick slab of dung there, Olivier. I believe Obama’s rage was probably bigger and more consuming than he ever dared let out. It was made impossibly difficult for him to express the most ordinary and understandable feelings of sadness or despair - there was always one faction or another ready to pounce on any chink in the armor. There were black people that wanted him to show 100% militant solidarity at all times. There were whites who needed constant reassurance that they were not being piloted by an angry black man. And he was exquisitely aware of these warring expectations, always.

Forgive me, but frankly your casual remark about him not being mad enough at the right times strikes me as cruelly ignorant.

(As I write this, I am experiencing some political intrigue at work - on a tiny scale , of course - but having to do with being perceived as too angry. As one of only three blacks in a huge department, and the only black male, I have to carefully choose my battles if I want to keep working there. I don’t fancy myself as any Obama, but my situation struck me as ironic when I read your post. )
Olivier5

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 12:51 am
@snood,
You lost me after “dung”.
snood

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 01:03 am
@Olivier5,
Yeah, you seem lost.

[edit]

Oh, my stars and garters! Hard to believe the delicate fragility that cannot acknowledge and respond to a dissenting opinion because it included a description of the other opinion as dung.

Good gosh. Would it have been more acceptably genteel to have just called it bullshit?

Breathe into a sack or suck on your binky or something. But please get over yourself.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 03:55 am
@snood,
You just lost me. It's your problem, not nine. No need to make a big deal about it either.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 03:56 am
@Olivier5,
Coming back to Obama, did he participate in any of the recent protests?
0 Replies