layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 02:18 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Well, I remember trump saying it was only 15 cases and it would be gone in a week...That was fatally inaccurate....


He never said any such thing. Learn to read, fool.
layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 03:25 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

GENOCIDE, I TELLS YA!!

Lead NIH coronavirus researcher suggested pandemic could be 'genocide', said doctors would let blacks die


This woman is a SCIENTIST, for God's sake. We must listen to the scientists!

Quote:
Corbett, 34, is an immunologist with the Vaccine Research Center, a division of NIAID. In her social media posts, Corbett adopts a strikingly casual and conspiratorial tone. Her Twitter biography reads: "Virology. Vaccinology. Vagina-ology. Vino-ology. My tweets are my own. My science is the world’s."


She likes women and wine, see? So do I. Her credibility is therefore impeccable.

0 Replies
 
hightor
 
  2  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 04:22 am
@layman,
a tiresome poseur wrote:
He never said any such thing.


Quote:
Feb 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump


Maybe someone should learn to read.
layman
 
  0  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 04:28 am
First, ya got ehis:



Then, next thing ya know, some thievin white boy comes along and butchers a great tune beyond recognition, whitebreading it up while snapping his fingers. Pat Boone should be hung for crimes against music.



Needless to say, the cheese-eaters would take Pat Boone over Little Richard every day of the week, eh?

0 Replies
 
layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 04:51 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

a tiresome poseur wrote:
He never said any such thing.


Quote:
Feb 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump


Maybe someone should learn to read.


Heh, I notice you didn't give a cite. What did you leave out, ya cheese-eatin liar, ya?

Selectively "quote-mining," with the intention of trying to make it appear that a person said something totally opposed to what he really said, is generally considered to be unethical behavior which reveals a total lack of integrity and constitutes a despicable act of deception, ya know?

Well, when I say "generally considered" I exclude cheese-eaters, of course. It's their bread and butter, after all.
0 Replies
 
layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 05:36 am
@MontereyJack,
Quite fittingly, your handle is a cheese, eh?

And not just any ole cheese, either, but a particularly corrupt one.

Quote:
The Tragic Way Monterey Jack Cheese Got Its Name

This is the story of how this cheese came to be named after the ruthlessly corrupt landowner, David Jack.

When Jack first arrived to California in 1848 from New York, he brought a stockpile of revolvers with him to sell to the “law-abiding and lawless alike.”

He charged obscene taxes to renters and foreclosed on properties, sometimes posting notices in English to intentionally confuse Spanish-speaking farm owners. On Jack’s land, there were cattle ranches, vineyards and 14 operating diaries. According to Jack, everything they made, he owned - including the popular white cheese, Queso blanco pais.

Jack, realizing the marketability of the cheese, began selling it throughout Monterey with his name slapped on it, “Jack’s Cheese.” Soon, the cheese became so popular that people were eating it all across California—all of them asking for “Monterey Jack’s Cheese.”

So the next time, you sprinkle some of this white, mild cheese on nachos, take a moment to think of the Spanish Franciscan missionaries who invented it. Then, curse David Jack for stealing it from them.


https://www.foodandwine.com/news/tragic-way-monterey-jack-cheese-got-its-name

Figures, sho nuff.

0 Replies
 
snood
 
  3  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:10 am
MJ, You’re not just casting pearls like slop before swine. You are casting them into the stinking pig **** that comes out after the swine has chewed up anything factual and reasonable.

It is the very definition of feeding a troll.
layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:37 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

MJ, You’re not just casting pearls like slop before swine. You are casting them into the stinking pig **** that comes out after the swine has chewed up anything factual and reasonable.


My, my, my, Snoody. You seem a little angry about something, eh? Nuthin new there, of course. A no-laffin cheese-eater is pissed off 24/7.
0 Replies
 
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:42 am
@layman,
Cherry picking again, and not very good at it.


Lead NIH coronavirus researcher suggested pandemic could be 'genocide', said doctors would let blacks die
Gregg ReBy Gregg Re, Alex Pfeiffer | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, who is described by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as the "lead" member of the U.S. government team racing to find a coronavirus vaccine, has engaged with online theories calling the pandemic a black "genocide" and condemned what she called "systematic oppression" by white people, a review of her social media posts by "Tucker Carlson Tonight" reveals.

Corbett has also reposted a tweet urging Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and Dr. Jerome Adams, the surgeon general, to "check" their "privilege."

Quote:
Without risking their health. I go into lab once/twice a week for brief periods of time. Besides researchers/clinicians, I see Black/Latinx folk cleaning. No masks. In a hospital setting. It’s ridiculous. More importantly, it’s fundamentally racist and classist.
7:50 PM · Apr 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
9
Retweets
30
Likes
Theanne Griffith, PhD Flag of Croatia👩🏽‍🔬Flag of Barbados
@doctheagrif
·
Apr 10
Replying to
@doctheagrif
So Dr. Fauci and Dr. Adams, check your privilege. Think critically. Stop spreading harmful fallacies that support white supremacy. Most importantly, listen to people who actually understand and study racial disparities as they pertain to healthcare, like
@uche_blackstock
.
Theanne Griffith, PhD Flag of Croatia👩🏽‍🔬Flag of Barbados
@doctheagrif
·
Apr 10
And finally, why is the media referring to Anthony Fauci as Dr. Fauci, but Dr. Adams is referred to as Jermone Adams? They are both Drs. Fix it.


She further slammed the White House coronavirus task force in February, saying it "is largely people (white men) he appointed to their positions as directors of blah blah institute. They are indebted to serve him NOT the people."

Late Friday, a senior Health and Human Services (HHS) official told Fox News: "HHS career ethics officials are reviewing the matter." Fox News is told the inquiry is being taken “very seriously.” Making unprofessional social media posts about sensitive government work can violate federal ethical guidelines.

Corbett, 34, is an immunologist with the Vaccine Research Center, a division of NIAID. In her social media posts, first reported Friday by "Tucker Carlson Tonight," Corbett adopts a strikingly casual and conspiratorial tone. Her Twitter biography reads: "Virology. Vaccinology. Vagina-ology. Vino-ology. My tweets are my own. My science is the world’s."

On March 29, Corbett tweeted out a Bloomberg article about how the poor are dying at higher rates from coronavirus. In her tweet, she said that doctors would deliberately choose to deny ventilators to black Americans, leaving them to die instead.

"I tweet for the people who will die when doctors has [sic] to choose who gets the last ventilator and ultimately... who lives," Corbett wrote. "The poor. And, while the article doesn’t explicitly say it... the black."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-28/virus-erupts-in-poor-u-s-cities-whose-people-have-few-defenses

Quote:
Detroit, which filed what was then the largest U.S. municipal bankruptcy in 2013, has almost 90,000 vacant parcels held by its municipal land bank. Despite a spruced-up and resurgent core, its 673,000 people are scattered over 139 square miles (360 square kilometers) after the former industrial giant lost more than half its population since the 1950s. It’s a landscape of vacant lots and vast tracts of boarded-up houses, many being reclaimed by nature.

About 36% of the population lives in poverty. With diabetes and hypertension rampant, Detroiters are prey to the new virus, Chopra said. In a city built by and for the automobile, they often lack transportation to get to the hospital. Many ignore early signs of the disease.


Quote:
New Orleans, like many Southern cities, has a deep well of need. Almost a quarter of its citizens fall below the federal poverty line.

Want breeds disease, said Joseph Eisenberg, chair of the epidemiology department at the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health in Ann Arbor.

“People will go a lot longer since they don’t have access to health care,” he said. “That both means they’ve been in the community more and been transmitting more, and when they get to the hospital their prognosis is going to be a lot worse.”


Someone replied to Corbett on April 9: “It’s so scary to think about. I know when it comes down to it people will be turned away or left to die because they are black.” Corbett replied that same day: “Yep. Both.”

Another user declared, “They hate us. This virus is a sure fire way to get rid of us without having to lift a finger.” Corbett replied: “Some have gone as far to call it genocide. I plead the fifth.”

On April 11, Corbett implied black people are "doomed."

"I am praying that policies reflect this is [sic] multiple ways," she wrote, referring to addressing systemic racism. "They must or we will be doomed in the next pandemic(s) too."

Adams, the surgeon general, told a press conference last week that black Americans suffer more from obesity, diabetes, and other ailments that increase the risk of death from coronavirus.


KizzyPhD

@KizzyPhD
Replying to @sashlindsay
Some have gone as far to call it genocide. I plead the fifth.
5:25 PM - Apr 11, 2020

After Adams recommended that black Americans avoid cigarettes and alcohol to project their health during the epidemic, Corbett retweeted another user’s thread saying the suggestion was “offensive because they ignore systemic racism.” That thread ended by saying, “Dr. Fauci and Dr. Adams, check your privilege. Think critically. Stop spreading harmful fallacies that support white supremacy.”

Corbett herself commented, “Pasting this thread here because it’s appropriately put. Black people are not dying more because of their behaviors. That is just a cop out to adjust accountability.”

And, in a Twitter argument last week, Corbett said that “Merit [is] defined by prejudices.” Another user responded, “So can we just dismiss anything white men are involved in because they’re intrinsically malevolent?”

Corbett’s response: “White men are not be dismissed. But the systems that they (ancestor or current) curated are.”

When the poster asked Corbett if she was advancing an "immoral" notion, she replied: "No. Not at all. Nothing is immoral about dismantling systematic oppression."


R. J. MacReady, social-distancing since 1982
@WeaponizedLefse
· Apr 8, 2020
Replying to @KizzyPhD
So we can just dismiss anything white men are involved in because they’re intrinsically malevolent? Come on, now.


KizzyPhD

@KizzyPhD
No absolutely not. White men are not to be dismissed, but the systems that they (ancestors or current) curated are.
4:42 AM - Apr 8, 2020

In the meantime, some of Corbett's other posts suggested that she was enjoying her role to an unusual degree.

"What's better than bomb data emailed (at 5:30 pm) by team members fully graphed in beautiful color schemes and clear labeling???" she wrote on Thursday. "I'll wait..."


KizzyPhD

@KizzyPhD
Replying to @OfficialMcavee @realDonaldTrump
I would argue quite the opposite. The task force is largely people (white men) he appointed to their positions as directors of blah blah institute. They are indebted to serve him NOT the people.
6:24 AM - Feb 27, 2020

On March 19, Corbett seemingly attempted to explain her tone on Twitter. "I decided to take matters into my own hands when I saw the people being left out of the direction and the press and the... you get the point," she wrote. "So... here I am 'COVID-19,' but make it fashion.”

On March 20, she wrote: "Last yr, I took *17* trips (weekends domestically & other); this year, I have cancelled bucket list vacations (Netherlands, Spain, Jamaica, Greece). This the reason 'millennials' should be fighting for research funding for future pandemics... We deserve to be in dese streetz!"

Anderson Cooper 360°

@AC360
NIH’s lead scientist for coronavirus vaccine research Kizzmekia Corbett lays out the government’s race to create a vaccine, saying they could be on track to have a vaccine from sequence to the general population within 8 months. https://cnn.it/34DnXnV
9:06 PM - Apr 14, 2020

In an interview earlier this month with CNN, which called Corbett "NIH's lead scientists for coronavirus vaccine research," Corbett told Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta that "several of our previous projects" -- including MERS and SARS research -- informed the government's ongoing coronavirus vaccine research.

In general terms, Corbett told the hosts that a specific protein would play a key role in the vaccine efforts. She also said that vaccine "rapid response" had improved in recent years, in part because "we've researched coronavirus vaccine development for the last 7 years, particularly under my direction, the team has researched this coronavirus development for 5 years."

Various other media outlets -- including The New York Times and Fox News -- have previously covered Corbett's role as the lead coronavirus researcher.

Fox News reported earlier this week that Corbett has long been called a superstar scientist. She got a full scholarship to the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, where she majored in biology and sociology.

She received a doctorate from the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill in 2014 and joined the NIH’s Vaccine Research Center as a postdoctoral fellow the same year.

On April 16, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., praised Corbett on Twitter, saying she was "leading the charge around the clock to develop a vaccine for coronavirus. The world owes you and your team a debt of gratitude."


Kamala Harris

@KamalaHarris
Thank you, Dr. @KizzyPhD, for leading the charge around the clock to develop a vaccine for coronavirus. The world owes you and your team a debt of gratitude. https://people.com/human-interest/meet-scientist-leading-charge-coronavirus-vaccine-trials


Meet the 'Outstanding' 34-Year-Old Scientist Leading the Charge on Coronavirus Vaccine Trials
Kizzmekia Corbett previously said she felt her role as a scientist was to give back to the world
6:08 PM - Apr 16, 2020

Fox News' Frank Miles contributed to this report.
layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 07:28 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Cherry picking again, and not very good at it.


Heh, now I'm "cherry-picking" because I didn't (like you did) waste off a page or two spewing ALL of her filth?

I guess I should thank you for making the point 20 times over.
neptuneblue
 
  2  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 07:31 am
@layman,
Well, to be more accurate, it was Tucker Carlson's filth.

I just filled in what he conveniently left out. You know, truth in media and that sort of thing.

Oh, wait, you don't know truth in media, do you?

layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 07:48 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Well, to be more accurate, it was Tucker Carlson's filth.


Tucker Carlson made all of those tweets!? Who knew?
neptuneblue
 
  2  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:04 am
@layman,
If you had actually read the article and supporting evidence I added, you would know that Tucker Carlson didn't make those tweets. He, like you, cherry picked headlines without reading the factual content.

But you do you.
layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:09 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

If you had actually read the article and supporting evidence I added, you would know that Tucker Carlson didn't make those tweets. He, like you, cherry picked headlines without reading the factual content.

But you do you.


Most of us here can read. Maybe not you, but.....

"Supporting evidence," you say? "Factual content?" Supporting the fact that she's an irrational, cheese-eating racist, ya mean, that it?
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:12 am
@layman,
Since you only want to portray yourself as an instigator instead of having something meaningful to say, I'll let you argue with yourself. You're good at it, keep being you.
layman
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:17 am
@neptuneblue,
I can respect that. It's certainly in your best interest to stop embarrassing yourself.
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:18 am
@neptuneblue,
Perhaps layman wants to get a higher degree in autocommunication/intrapersonal communication and is just doing some practise?
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In idiomatic American English, we call that jerking off.
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:25 am
@Setanta,
I can talk educated, tête de mule irlandais Wink
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Va t'en, espèce d'un caniche à barbe.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.1 seconds on 01/29/2023 at 07:21:00