layman

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 04:53 pm
@blatham,
In an interview with my dog, Nixon, I said: "Looky here, Nixon, Chompsky chews the chubby one, eh?"

Nixon caught my drift immediately and said "Woof!"
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 05:02 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
afraid for their lives

They just fear exposure, as they should:

Quote:
The jurors are fighting in court to keep private forms they filled out before the trial.

They and other prospective jurors had written to the court answers about their employment history and other personal details, so that the attorneys and the judge could vet the jury for bias.

The judge has not yet decided on the request to release versions of their written questionnaires.

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 12:23 am
@layman,
Anybody who tries to look at something that could show trump in a bad light, tends to get death threats., "as they should" says layman. Why do you like gestapo tactics?
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 12:32 am
@MontereyJack,
I didn't say that, Jack. Learn to read willya? That does give me an idea, though.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 12:37 am
@layman,
You could go through 10,000 potential jurors in DC and never find one who wasn't prejudiced against Stone. So they could never assemble a jury, unless the jurors lied. So naturally they don't want anyone scrutinizing their answers.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 12:50 am
@layman,
Jurors whose information is shielded but then is made public get death threats.That's what happens when jurors info is made public inc concroversial cases, dspecially ones where trump may come off looking bad. When you say they fear exposure "as they should" you're arguing for exposing them to death. Face the conseuquences of stupid posts. It's not prejudice, it's knowledge.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 12:55 am
@layman,
You clearly have no idea how jury selection works. Of course your statistic if it should be true is really an indication of what the DC public very concerned with politics and political shenanigans, thinks of his actions.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:00 am
Terrible news for cheese-eaters, eh? Stock futures are way up as a result.

Quote:
President Trump announced a plan on Thursday to reopen the country in three phases, based on the severity of the outbreak in each state or region.

"We are not opening all at once, but one careful step at a time," Trump said, adding that the guidelines were "based on hard verifiable data.

Ultimately, the governor of each state will decide when is best to reopen. As such, here are the states that have already confirmed that they plan to reopen, and when they plan to do so.

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Wyoming, with a combined population of over 150,000,000.

0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:03 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

You clearly have no idea how jury selection works. Of course your statistic if it should be true is really an indication of what the DC public very concerned with politics and political shenanigans, thinks of his actions.

Heh, so *I* have no idea how jury selection works? Maybe you aint heard, but any potential juror who has already decided, before being selected, that the guy is guilty aint eligible to serve as a juror.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:14 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Jurors whose information is shielded but then is made public get death threats....they fear exposure "as they should" you're arguing for exposing them to death.

If I'm a serial child killer and you try to get a DNA sample from me, I'll be exposed to death threats. You can't do that! Dismiss all charges, NOW!

Nice try, cheese-eater.
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:25 am
@layman,
One of these days, I'll have to compile a guide to cheese-eater logic, complete with axioms, postulates, corollaries , etc.

Cheese-eater logic is a *special* kinda logic, which requires extensive study to understand, ya know? It's main component is "feelings," primarily fear and hate. The stronger the feeling, the more valid the "logic."
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:34 am
@layman,
Cheese-eater logic:

Axiom number 1: One pejorative adjective is worth 10,000 facts.
Postulate: 10 adjectives are worth 100,000 facts.
Corollary: 10 adjectives, if used when SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS, outweigh an infinite number of facts.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:47 am
@layman,
Cheese-eater logic:

Axiom 2: If someone you disagree with EVER does anything which Hitler did, like breathe air or like dogs, for example, then THAT ******* SCUMBAG PIECE OF **** IS A RAGING MURDEROUS RACIST WHOSE ONLY DESIRE IS TO ENSLAVE AND EXTERMINATE ALL MINORITIES!!!!!

Q.E.D., eh?
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:57 am
@layman,
Don't try to pin that absurdist piece of fantasy illogic on dems or liberals or progressives, it's purely your own imagination.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:59 am
@layman,
illogic as usual
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 02:02 am
@layman,
Precisely, And your fantasy that what no one in DC wouldn't be biased against Stpone was pufaelpedntasy on your part.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 02:08 am
GENOCIDE, I TELLS YA!!

Quote:
Lead NIH coronavirus researcher suggested pandemic could be 'genocide', said doctors would let blacks die

Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, who is described by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as the "lead" member of the U.S. government team racing to find a coronavirus vaccine, has engaged with online theories calling the pandemic a black "genocide" and condemned what she called "systematic oppression" by white people, a review of her social media posts reveals.

On March 29, Corbett tweeted out a Bloomberg article about how the poor are dying at higher rates from coronavirus. In her tweet, she said that doctors would deliberately choose to deny ventilators to black Americans, leaving them to die instead.

One user declared, “They hate us. This virus is a sure fire way to get rid of us without having to lift a finger.” Corbett replied: “Some have gone as far to call it genocide. I plead the fifth.”

Late Friday, a senior Health and Human Services (HHS) official said "HHS career ethics officials are reviewing the matter." Making unprofessional social media posts about sensitive government work can violate federal ethical guidelines."

That woman has sho nuff been rammin a lot of roquefort down her pie hole, eh?
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 02:14 am
And not only that, she's a damn racist doing blackface, eh?

Quote:
On March 20, she wrote: "Last yr, I took *17* trips (weekends domestically & other); this year, I have cancelled bucket list vacations (Netherlands, Spain, Jamaica, Greece). . We deserve to be in dese streetz!"

Oh, wait, she is black. She don't need no shoe polish dat way, eh?

She's obviously underprivileged. She don't never get to take vacations 24/7.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 02:16 am
@layman,
Well, I remember trump saying it was only 15 cases and it would be gone in a week. Hatto make decisions about it.That was fatally inaccurate and he likes to tell us he has total authority to make decisions about i And It is a fact that African Americans are suffering and dying from coved19 well above their proportion of the population.