@blatham,
Quote:
Brian Schatz

Sure you spelled his name right?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 04:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
That endorsement was a lot more solid than I'd anticipated. Not sure I expect any Sanders supporters to follow his lead, but I think it will bring in some middle of the road independents who like to think they're progressive and edgy.
blatham

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 04:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Polling I've seen from some weeks ago suggests that many/most Sanders supporters will follow his lead. There's a coterie of loud ones who are still yelling but I think their numbers relatively small and when we get to November, I can't see many being so stupid as to not vote for Trump's removal.

Just got in a small spat with Corey Robin. Came away with only some minor bruises.
layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 04:54 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
not vote for Trump's removal.

I wouldn't bet on a double negative, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 04:57 pm
@blatham,
Joey-boy: Do you hate Trump? I do too, I hate him more than you do.

Vote for me! Sure, I'm stupid, senile, corrupt, perverted, and my policies suck, but who cares?

Do ya hate Trump, or doncha?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 05:08 pm
If good ole Bo Diddley was still around, I'm sure he would put out a variant of this classic tune. He's call it "Who do ya hate?," ya know?

layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 05:38 pm
Quote:
The Psychology of Hate

Behavioral researcher Patrick Wanis, cites the in-group out-group theory, which posits that when we feel threatened by perceived outsiders, we instinctively turn toward our in-group—those with whom we identify—as a survival mechanism. Wanis explains, “Hatred is driven by two key emotions of love and aggression: One love for the in-group—the group that is favored; and two, aggression for the out-group—the group that has been deemed as being different, dangerous, and a threat to the in-group.”

According to Washington, D.C., clinical psychologist Dana Harron, the things people hate about others are the things that they fear within themselves. She suggests thinking about the targeted group or person as a movie screen onto which we project unwanted parts of the self. The idea is, “I'm not terrible; you are.”

This phenomenon is known as projection, a term coined by Freud to describe our tendency to reject what we don’t like about ourselves. Psychologist Brad Reedy further describes projection as our need to be good, which causes us to project "badness" outward and attack it:

"Acts of hate are attempts to distract oneself from feelings such as helplessness, powerlessness, injustice, inadequacy and shame. Hate is grounded in some sense of perceived threat. It is an attitude that can give rise to hostility and aggression toward individuals or groups. Like much of anger, it is a reaction to and distraction from some form of inner pain. The individual consumed by hate may believe that the only way to regain some sense of power over his or her pain is to preemptively strike out at others. In this context, each moment of hate is a temporary reprieve from inner suffering."

The antidote to hate is compassion — for others as well as ourselves. Self-compassion means that we accept the whole self. “If we find part of ourselves unacceptable, we tend to attack others in order to defend against the threat,” says Reedy. “If we are okay with ourselves, we see others’ behaviors as ‘about them’ and can respond with compassion. If I kept hate in my heart for [another], I would have to hate myself as well. It is only when we learn to hold ourselves with compassion that we may be able to demonstrate it toward others.

In other words, compassion towards others is the true context that heals

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/nurturing-self-compassion/201703/the-psychology-hate

Think about it, haters.

I hear-tell that Billy Barr and the FBI have now officially designated the Democrat Party as a "hate group."

Shaw wrote:
A Democrat is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself.
layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 05:58 pm
From "Trump sought help from foreign countries in trying to win an election," to "Trump tried to extort foreign governments for political advantage, " to "Trump ties to conceal records," to "Trump has politicized the Justice Department" everything the cheese-eaters have gone plumb hogwild in condemning Trump for is what they have done, regularly.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 06:07 pm
@layman,
SO YOU AND COLDJOINT AND ORALLOY AMONGST OTHERS HERE DISPLAY A VIRULENT HATRED OF LIBERALS, PROGRESSIVES AND DEMOCRATS. DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THAT ARTICLE?
layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 06:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

SO YOU AND COLDJOINT AND ORALLOY AMONGST OTHERS HERE DISPLAY A VIRULENT HATRED OF LIBERALS, PROGRESSIVES AND DEMOCRATS.

Virulent hatred? Not me. I have compassion.

I pity the fools.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 06:11 pm
@layman,
"If brains was dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose."
--Bo Diddley
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 06:13 pm
@layman,
Hah.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 06:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

"If brains was dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose."
--Bo Diddley

I'm kinda surprised to learn that Bo encountered you once, eh?
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 06:16 pm
@layman,
Notice who that post was a reply to.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 06:30 pm
This guy reminds me a lot of Trump for some reason, eh?

https://americancinemathequecalendar.com/sites/default/files/stills_events_390_240/no_country_for_old_men_390_0.jpg?1557428921
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 07:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
SO YOU AND COLDJOINT AND ORALLOY AMONGST OTHERS HERE DISPLAY A VIRULENT HATRED OF LIBERALS, PROGRESSIVES AND DEMOCRATS.

Bullshit. We know the difference between people and what those people believe. It is the phony liberals, Democrats, and progressives that do not.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 07:52 pm
Has the NYT done gone plumb whack, or what!?

Quote:
Why Biden’s Polling Lead vs. Trump Isn’t as Solid as It Looks

The election will be decided by voters in the battleground states, not registered voters nationwide, and there the story is not nearly so clear or rosy for Mr. Biden.

At the moment, a reasonable estimate is that Mr. Biden is performing four or five points worse among likely voters in the critical states than he is among registered voters nationwide.

Trump leads among white voters without a college degree, 61 percent to 32 percent, in an average of live-interview polls conducted since March 15, matching or perhaps even exceeding his margin over Hillary Clinton in methodologically similar polls conducted late in the 2016 campaign.

The results suggest that Mr. Biden, despite his reputed appeal to blue-collar workers, has made little to no progress in winning back the white voters without a college degree who supported Barack Obama in 2012 but swung to Mr. Trump in 2016.

As a result, Mr. Trump appears to retain his relative advantage in the disproportionately white working-class battleground states that decided the 2016 presidential election. Mr. Trump seems to have made gains among voters 45 to 65, or perhaps even younger, canceling out his losses among older voters over all.

No matter the method, Democrats typically find themselves at a turnout disadvantage, and it is doubtful that Mr. Biden will maintain the whole of his current polling advantage among likely voters.

Together, Mr. Trump’s relative advantage of one to two points among likely voters compared with registered voters — and his relative advantage of three and even four points in the tipping-point states — means that the typical national poll of registered voters is probably around four or five points worse for Mr. Trump than his standing among likely voters in the most pivotal states.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/upshot/polling-2020-biden-trump.html

It's a sad day when even the NYT gets bribed into publishing Trump propaganda, eh?