maporsche

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:54 pm
@georgeob1,
I would like you to specifically quote the parts you think are "trying to silence another poster here."

If you're honest, you'll attempt to do so and then apologize for this post.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:59 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
If you're honest, you'll attempt to do so and then apologize for this post.

If you were honest you would see Blatham for what he really is, a class A hater, divider, and liar and does not deserve any apologies.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 07:10 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Are you so insecure and unsure of your expressed views that you need to silence even those who often disagree with you ?

That's not very astute, especially coming from you, as in this case you are trying to silence blatham.
layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 07:18 pm
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 07:32 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Are you so insecure and unsure of your expressed views that you need to silence even those who often disagree with you ?

That's not very astute, especially coming from you, as in this case you are trying to silence blatham.

I recognize that you feel required to respond, but this was rather far fetched. There was nothing in my post even suggesting Blatham crease posting here
blatham

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 07:54 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Are you really trying to silence another poster here?
No. Have no ability to do so. She's free to yak.
Quote:
I'll readily concede that tolerance of conflicting ideas and viewpoints has lately degenerated to a generally low level on this site.
We're just following the Fox/Trump/conservative model, george. No fresh ground being broken.
Quote:
However such overt efforts to silence disagreeing voices are still happily rare.
Hardly a serious protest given what Trump does every day which isn't merely a matter of "fake news!" but actual attempts to bring down or financially punish media voices which criticize him.
Quote:
Isn't the constant approval of the small circle of rather slavish claques who attend your posts sufficient?
Not nearly sufficient. I want the same award that Limbaugh received.
Quote:
As noted above, no silencing going on. I may, now and again, disparage a voice. Sure. I may, for example, suggest they are insecure and unsure of their opinions.
Quote:
The gap between the liberal ideas you profess and your actual behavior here is substantial indeed.
It is the case that my version of liberal values does not include passive non-discrimination regarding falsehoods and idiocies.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:17 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

If you're honest,

There’s the rub
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:21 pm
The overwhelming majority of cheese-eaters are not happy campers. They are angry, resentful creatures who hate their miserable lives.

They have been screwed (oppressed) by somebody. That's the only possible explanation for their failures and their misery. They are victims, just seeking "justice" (i.e. revenge).

They didn't ask to be born, someone else is responsible for that misfortune. But, since they were involuntarily born, now, by God, "society" owes them, bigtime.

They are quite quick to believe, as they are told by people who should know (their professors), that the U.S. is probably the worst country in the world, hellbent on the conquest, subjugation, and exploitation of every other country it can. It's ultimate aim is to commit genocide and exterminate anyone who isn't them.

That's the part that really irks me. Their hatred on their own county. I figure it's just a logical extension of their own self-hatred, but, still....

George Bernard Shaw wrote:
1. Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.

2. A pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself.

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:49 pm
@layman,
that's nonsense, resolutely false pop"psychoanalysis".
We were perfectly happy with a sane, moderate president for eight years. Thenwe had a corrupt lying narcissistic hatemongering, greedy, fascistic wannabe that we didn't vote for, thrust upon us, endangering pretty much every true American value. Rejecting him and voting him out of office is the only sensible moral thing to do.
layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Thenwe had a corrupt lying narcissistic hatemongering, greedy, fascistic wannabe that we didn't vote for, thrust upon us, endangering pretty much every true American value. Rejecting him and voting him out of office is the only sensible moral thing to do.

Ya done been VICTIMIZED, sho nuff.

Mediocre cheese-eaters feel that they have only one possible way to claim distinction and "superiority," to wit: They are more MORAL than you are. They try to turn their abject weakness into a "virtue."

Nietzsche wrote:
In heaven all the interesting people are missing.

La Rochefoucauld wrote:
Weak people cannot be sincere.

blatham

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Rejecting him and voting him out of office is the only sensible moral thing to do.
Well, we could tar and feather him. What with the price of oil so low now and all the birds killed by wind turbines, supply costs for the project would be quite reasonable.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:09 pm
@layman,
sure as **** more moral than the pussy -grabbing prez is.
layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:13 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Rejecting him and voting him out of office is the only sensible moral thing to do.
Well, we could tar and feather him. What with the price of oil so low now and all the birds killed by wind turbines, supply costs for the project would be quite reasonable.

For once you display at least a hint of wit. Time to get back to being DEAD SERIOUS now, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

sure as **** more moral than the pussy -grabbing prez is.

Heh, who aint grabbed a pussy in their day, I ask ya?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:28 pm
I was over to Red's Road House a few days back and was banned for life for about the 10,000th time.

Red has done turned straight-up cheese-eater, it seems. He said I was "harassing" the women.

Sheeeeit, I wasn't harassing nobody. I was just out mingling with the crowd, dancin around on the dance floor, and all, that's the long and short of it.

Sure, I copped a feel now and again. It wasn't no harassment, though. Them women loved it!
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:36 pm
@layman,
ever take a survey?
layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

ever take a survey?

Sure, all the time. Not one of them woman complained to Red. He just took it upon himself to "act moral" for them. One of them even told me she wasn't going back, out of protest. The cheese-eater.
layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:50 pm
@layman,
Many years back I was down in Nawlins, on Bourbon Street. Then I seen a sailor beating a woman in the middle of the street, while the crowd watched.

I was young and still kinda naive, and I thought I should stop it So I got in between them and told the sailor to hit me if he was looking for trouble. Instead he just ran off.

I figured I had earned some kinda reward, so I turned to the girl and asked: "You OK, Darlin?"

She said. "**** you, ya bastard! You should learn to stay out of other people's business. Now just look what ya done done. Ya ran my boyfriend off."
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 12:16 am
Well, OK, then!

Quote:
AG William Barr on the Russia investigation: 'There's something far more troubling here'

Attorney General William Barr, appearing in an exclusive interview on "The Ingraham Angle" Thursday, called the Russia investigation of President Trump "one of the greatest travesties in American history," adding that he believed it was an attempt to "sabotage" Trump's presidency.

My own view is that the evidence shows that we're not dealing with just the mistakes or sloppiness," Barr said. "There was something far more troubling here. We're going to get to the bottom of it. And if people broke the law and we can establish that with the evidence, they will be prosecuted."

"They started this investigation of this campaign. And even more concerning actually is what happened after the campaign, "Barr said. "A whole pattern of events while he was president... to sabotage the presidency ... or at least have the effect of sabotaging the presidency."

" I think it's very sad and the people who abused FISA have a lot to answer for because this was an important tool to protect the American people," Barr said. "They abused it. They undercut public confidence in FISA but also the FBI is an institution and we have to rebuild that."
layman

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 12:41 am
Quote:
Minnesota doctor blasts 'ridiculous' CDC coronavirus death count guidelines

Dr. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota family physician told "The Ingraham Angle" Wednesday that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) guidelines for doctors to certify whether a patient has died of coronavirus are "ridiculous" and could be misleading the public.

"The idea that we are going to allow people to massage and sort of game the numbers is a real issue because we are going to undermine the [public] trust," he said. "And right now as we see politicians doing things that aren’t necessarily motivated on fact and science, their trust in politicians is already wearing thin."

"I would remind him [Fauci] that anytime health care intersects with dollars it gets awkward," Jensen said.

"Right now Medicare has determined that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you’ll get paid $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator, you get $39,000; three times as much. Nobody can tell me, after 35 years in the world of medicine, that sometimes those kinds of things [have] impact on what we do.