RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 10:58 am
@layman,
All those democratic voters that voted for Biden were cheating? How do you figure that?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 10:58 am
Quote:
Where Oh Where Did Jill Stein's Recount Money Go?

Jill Stein, the U.S. Green Party candidate’s campaign, which raised $7.3 million for recounts in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, had in 2017 stopped disclosing its monthly spending with the Federal Election Commission.

The Campaign paid for Dr. Stein’s trip to Russia.

We often criticize the Trumpites for some of the, shall we say questionable decisions they make with regards to false prophets, but we on the left need to do some self examination before we start claiming everyone in the Democratic party is corrupt and we’ve finally found a real true savior.

For all of those who thought Jill Stein was going to save us from environmental catastrophe, and the millions of people in the Democratic party are all establishment corporatists, can you come back to reality now?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/14/1780514/-Where-Oh-Where-Did-Jill-Stein-s-Recount-Money-Go-9-325-To-A-Law-Firm-Used-By-Paul-Manafort

Seven million, eh? I'll give Stein credit for one thing. She's pretty good at playing chumps. Not as good as Burnie, but, still.....
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:01 am
Quote:
He was ******* cheated twice, but he wouldn't call it out because acknowledgiing to this electorate that their vote doesn't matter in a primary makes even more turn away from the process.

Bullmanure. He lost.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:06 am
Among other recurring campaign themes, one of Trump's will go something like this:

"The lying, cheating Dems screwed poor Burnie BIGTIME! Who in the world would for those corrupt power-abusers, I ask ya?"
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:32 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Voting for a 3rd party nobody at this late stage is not a winning strategy. There's no hope in winning the presidency and all it does is waste time, money and energy.

Dems should pray that Burnie runs as a third party candidate. Granted it won't get them any votes but it won't lose them any, either. But it will take away a **** load of votes from Trump.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:33 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Lash wrote:
Voting for the lesser of evils is not an option for most of us.

Quote:
neptuneblue wrote:
Voting for a 3rd party nobody at this late stage is not a winning strategy. There's no hope in winning the presidency and all it does is waste time, money and energy.

And give Trump the presidency.

A vote for Green is a vote for Trump which is a vote for more evil.

(I posted the relevant quotes so's not to be accused of butting in without knowing what I was talking about again.)
blatham

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:38 am
Quote:
Bernie Sanders exits the stage, but not empty-handed

Bernie Sanders won't be president, but his leadership changed a party and a political model, and that's no small thing.

...But today, as Sanders makes the painful decision to walk away, give the guy his due.
Benen

I expect Bernie will now exert what influence he has to steer policy in the directions he prefers. Nothing unusual or untoward in that. He'll continue to move the needle in a progressive direction. Good for him.

What Bernie Sanders won't do is to recommend progressives vote Green. Or recommend they vote Trump. Or recommend they don't vote at all.

The reason he won't do any of those things is because he will understand that to do so will only work damage on the very goals he has been pushing towards.

Those Bernie "supporters" who do make such recommendations now are trolls and bots out to reduce voting by those on the left or an extremist fringe who by themselves are of little or no significance.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:44 am
@layman,
We haven't forgotten that Demented Donny lost the vote deservedly. Gonna do it again and better this time.
layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:46 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Those Bernie "supporters" who do make such recommendations now are trolls and bots out to reduce voting by those on the left or an extremist fringe who by themselves are of little or no significance.

I wouldn't place Trump and his bots (borrowed from Putin) on the "extremist frings." He's just a good ole boy, that's all.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:46 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
And give Trump the presidency.

Trump has been given nothing. He has earned the presidency.
blatham

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:49 am
Quote:
Lash wrote:

As Chomsky observed in the conversation with him I posted a week or so ago, this is morally incoherent.

Greater evil and lesser evil are not equivalent. The only coherent moral stance is to support lesser evil.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:49 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

We haven't forgotten that Demented Donny lost the vote deservedly. Gonna do it again and better this time.

You seem to have forgotten who won the election, though, eh? You'll do it again, "better," sho nuff. This time he will win in a LANDSLIDE!"
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
he lost the vote only the founders' stab in the back for democracy gave it to him, and someone who's spent four years ******* the country over does not deserve the presidency by any means.
layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:53 am
@layman,
The ideal outcome would be for Trump to win 48 states by 1 vote, and lose NY and CA by tens of millions.

That would, like, ROCK, eh!?

Last time around, if you took out California and the millions of illegal Mexicans voting there, Trump won the popular vote in all the remaining 49 states.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 12:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
who's spent four years ******* the country

Record low unemployment and a booming economy before this crap was, and is not, ******* over the country. Tell me how it is. Should I wait for another crappy reply of just rhetoric? I know that is all you are capable of.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 12:08 pm
Trump's campaign is lacking in one respect, though.

He needs a yes man like Ed McMahon to introduce him at every rally, and then loudly guffaw after all his jokes thereafter.

And, now, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer's Donny!
engineer

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 12:10 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Lash wrote:

Voting for the lesser evil is always an option for every one of us.
engineer

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 12:12 pm
So good on Sanders for recognizing that with all that is going on right now, it is not the time to tilt at windmills. I think he can be proud of what he accomplished and hopefully he does something in the Senate with the authority he carries.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 12:13 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Voting for the lesser evil is always an option for every one of us.

In theory it's an option, sure, but it will never happen. The cheese-eaters will just robotically vote for Biden anyway.
Lash

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 12:13 pm
@revelette3,
No weirdo. I just decided not to perpetuate the **** that my country has become by playing by the rules that led to a Clinton v Trump election.

I’m not voting for rapists and thieves.