neptuneblue

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 06:19 pm
@layman,
Tuesday, April 7

General Election: Trump vs. Biden IBD/TIPP Biden 47, Trump 41 Biden +6
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders IBD/TIPP Sanders 43, Trump 42 Sanders +1
2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination IBD/TIPP Biden 62, Sanders 30 Biden +32
2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Morning Consult Biden 61, Sanders 36 Biden +25

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/
Brand X

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 06:40 pm
The Hill
@thehill
·
23m
Howard Dean calls for guests to boycott MSNBC over Trump briefings
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 06:42 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Those of you lamenting the fact that Burnie is toast can take consolation in this, at least: Biden is toast too.

Keep right on thinking that
layman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Tuesday, April 7

General Election: Trump vs. Biden IBD/TIPP Biden 47, Trump 41 Biden +6
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

Heh.

Arpil 6, 2016

Clinton, 49.4, Trump 38.6 Clinton +10.8

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

At one point it was Clinton 53.3. Trump 33.7 Clinton +19.6

According to that site. in mid October Clinton was "only" +7.0 and was ahead up until the day of the election.

How did those polls work out for ya, eh?
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:16 pm
@layman,
2016???

Dude...

Living in the past is just a song, a memory.

Keep up to date and live in the present, won't cha? Is that too much to ask from a boomer like you?
layman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:19 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Keep up to date and live in the present, won't cha? I

Sure. Present: Biden = toast.

I gotcho "pole" right here, eh?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:19 pm
@Lash,
Try. And let us judge the opinion.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:25 pm
@layman,
Trump, Biden set for tight battle in Florida
BY JULIA MANCHESTER AND AMIE PARNES - 04/07/20 06:00 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. — The coronavirus pandemic is upending politics across the country, including in Florida — home to 29 electoral votes and consistently one of the most important states in the presidential contest.

President Trump won Florida in 2016 over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton by a little more than 1 percentage point but may be an underdog against former Vice President Joe Biden.

A new poll released by the University of North Florida on Monday found Biden leading Trump by 6 points, 46 percent to 40 percent.

Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic is almost certain to be the deciding factor in the race in Florida.

Nationally, Trump has generally done well in approval ratings for his handling of the crisis, but the University of North Florida poll found that 53 percent of voters in the state said they disapproved of Trump’s handling of the crisis in the state. Just 45 said they approved.

The same survey showed 58 percent said they do not trust Trump to give reliable information on the crisis, while 41 percent said they trust the president.

“Unless things turn around quickly and decisively, Florida may become Trump's Waterloo,” warned Martin Sweet, an affiliate assistant professor of political science at Florida Atlantic University.

He noted that Florida’s governor, Republican Ron DeSantis, has also come under scrutiny for his handling of the coronavirus. DeSantis, a strong supporter of Trump’s whom the president has frequently complimented, did not issue a statewide stay-at-home order for Florida until last week.

“Florida has been trending overall less purple and more red, but Trump and Gov. DeSantis may have squandered their advantage,” Sweet said.

The UNF poll showed a majority still support DeSantis’s handling of the coronavirus.

Fifty-one percent of Floridians said they approved of the job the governor was doing to address the outbreak, with 46 percent saying they disapproved.

The Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee (RNC) have deployed a massive ground game in Florida, underscoring the importance of the state in November.

The RNC has had staff on the ground in Florida since 2014 and has been working to register voters and train staff. It says it has held more than 250 virtual Trump Victory Leadership Initiative training sessions, while volunteers have made nearly 2 million calls to voters.

“We’ve engaged thousands of activists throughout the state, because we know how important it is,” RNC spokesman Rick Gorka told The Hill. “We know that we're putting in the time and the effort in a critical state because we know we have to win it in November.”

Florida is facing a double whammy from the coronavirus. Cases are building, and the economic unrest is a major threat to the state’s tourism industry.

Ninety-four percent of Florida voters said they were concerned about the impact the pandemic would have on the state’s economy, according to the UNF survey.

“The die is far from cast in terms of people’s opinions of Trump handling the coronavirus,” Florida-based Republican strategist Ford O’Connell said. “Obviously, President Trump recognizes that if he can instill hope and confidence as he goes through this, he has a better chance of not only saving the economy, but also winning reelection.”

Democrats won Florida in 2008 and 2012 and are expressing confidence they can win it again in 2020.

“Floridians are feeling pretty down on Trump and DeSantis right now,” one Biden ally said. “No one thinks things are going well. How do you vote for the status quo?”

Miami-based Republican strategist Ana Navarro, who didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and has harshly criticized him as a commentator on CNN, said “in theory, Biden should be strong in Florida.”

“He has decades' long relationships with key communities in Florida, like African-Americans, the Jewish community,” Navarro said.

Biden defeated Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) soundly in the state’s Democratic primary.

“He also passes what I call the 'grandparent test' with younger Cuban Americans,” Navarro said. “Will my grandmother still speak to me if I vote for this guy? With Bernie, the answer is no. Cuban grandmothers would be brokenhearted.”

Biden has seen positive signs in the state’s larger cities. The former vice president leads Trump in Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa, according to the UNF poll. Republicans, on the other hand, point to their outreach to the less urban and more rural areas, where Trump is stronger.

“Obviously there are very important centers around Tampa, Orlando, Daytona, but it's also about reaching out into the less populated counties,” Gorka said. "This is where the virtual trainings that we've been doing has really brought a lot of new people in as well.”

In the crucial Interstate 4 corridor, which runs between the greater Orlando and Tampa areas, Trump's numbers are “particularly troubling” for his reelection campaign due to the sheer number of independents in the region, Sweet, of FAU, said.

“Not only is Trump underwater in what is typically the bellwether for the state, the intensity of his opposition is strong and the intensity of his support isn't impressive,” he added. “As the number of COVID-19 cases and death totals rise and unemployment hits numbers not seen since the Depression in the 1930s, America doesn't seem so great right now.”
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:34 pm
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:45 pm
@layman,
Stick to innuendo. At least that's the only thing you know that's accurately effective.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 09:27 pm
@neptuneblue,
He encouraged people to risk their lives. Period.
Guilty.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 12:14 am
@layman,
Yeah, Biden is toast, freshly cooked French toast, with unsalted creamery butter and 100% pure Vermont maple syrup. Trump is a moldy stale NY bagel, no lox or cream cheese.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 02:28 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I guess you guys are just trying to gaslight and say he didn’t. Your morality suits your leaders’ perfectly.

I never said that he didn't, I said that it didn't matter. The real disservice was committed by the state Republican majority in the gerrymandered legislature.

Quote:
Period.
Guilty.

Fine. That's your opinion. It's immaterial. You're neither a judge nor a jury nor a disinterested independent arbiter. Evidently outright voter suppression means nothing to you.

Had there been an opportunity for Sanders to handily defeat Biden I think you'd be doing a different dance.

Why Wisconsin Republicans Insisted on an Election in a Pandemic
Lash

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:58 am
@hightor,
That’s another difference in you and me—no matter what it would mean to my political candidate, I know it’s stupid and life-threatening to vote right now—for those who go and everyone they encounter afterwards.
Everyone who encouraged it is wrong.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:04 am
@snood,
You know, there are reams of posts right up to Election Day 2016 where you swaggered around like this boasting Hillary Clinton’s certain victory...
snood

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:11 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You know, there are reams of posts right up to Election Day 2016 where you swaggered around like this boasting Hillary Clinton’s certain victory...

For Bernie to have a chance at this point he’d have to win several landslides in delegate-rich states. Every sane, clear-eyed Democrat whose been watching knows that ain’t gonna happen.

But you go right on slamming Biden and hoping he’ll lose to Trump.

It’s who you are.
layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:01 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

It really doesn't matter who wants what for Biden, he can't win. Right now he's only up against Burnie, who is too "nice" to bring up his low IQ, his incompetence, his senility, his corruption, the sexual assault accusations against him, the numerous lies he has told, etc. Wait until Trump gets ahold of his sorry ass, eh? It aint gunna be nuthin nice, I can tellya that.

The party will dump him before the election, no doubt.
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:06 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

It’s who you are.

Amen to that.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:12 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
It really doesn't matter who wants what for Biden, he can't win. Right now he's only up against Burnie, who is too "nice" to bring up his low IQ, his incompetence, his senility, his corruption, the sexual assault accusations against him, the numerous lies he has told, etc. Wait until Trump gets ahold of his sorry ass, eh? It aint gunna be nuthin nice, I can tellya that.

Trump doesn't really need all that, he can stomp Biden just by exposing his record and his "policies," such as they are.

But he'll do it just for the fun of it, ya know?
snood

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:15 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

snood wrote:

The party will dump him before the election, no doubt.

You’re full of crap. No doubt.