Lash

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:57 pm
Rest in Power
Charles, thank you for this pic. I’d never seen it before.https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/91842277_2850667578352675_981450046325129216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=2d5d41&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=5dQgB55tXOoAX_y9WUA&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=eae6fea4de06c261a2e10233edc8a7bc&oe=5EAD1D9B
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:04 pm
Puzzle me this: Who's the cheese-eater in this scene?:

To make it fair, and help you overcome your natural-born limitations, I'll give alla yawl cheese-eaters a hint.

It aint Patton.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:10 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Doesn't change what he's saying though or the point he is making.
I have no idea what point he was making. I don't bother to read him. I was speaking to Setanta's complaint which is valid.

Quote:
How many times have you commented on the models joke? More than once and your no longer making a statement.
Twice. How many times did Hannity reference/quote "baskets of deplorables"? How many times have you mentioned Benghazi? How many times has Trump repeated that he blocked flights from China? Repetition has a role in political rhetoric (and in education because of how human memory works).
Quote:
You're just scoring points with your audience of sycophants.
That's a species of statement that georgeob makes frequently. I really don't fathom what you guys imagine is going on here.
Quote:
sycophant - a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.

Why would I wish anyone to be obsequious towards me? What could be more boring and invaluable than that? Do I hope that others might find what I write or quote to be of value? Sure. We all hope that or we wouldn't bother writing anything. Everyone of us, when we write about politics, imagines or desires an audience and we all will wish to influence others' ideas and opinions.

Edit: Just saw hightor's quote from you and his response
Quote:
Quote:
Page after page of the same ****.

Unbidden, you keep returning to the sickening trough, though. "Page after page?" — why eat any of it?

It's a good point. You, or anyone else, is quite free to put me on ignore and thus avoid what bothers you. It's an interesting question as to why this almost never happens. I'm absolutely content putting people on ignore who provide commentary I find of no value or unusually disagreeable. Any of you can do the same with me. I have no problem with that whatsoever.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:17 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
That's a species of statement that georgeob makes frequently. I really don't fathom what you guys imagine is going on here.

Well, at least you said one true thing today, eh?

You're clueless, sho nuff.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:36 pm
Early morning, April 4, shot rings out in Memphis sky. Free at last. They took his life; they could not take his pride.

One man in the name of love.

0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:41 pm
@blatham,
I'm sorry that all you cheese-eaters will be "offended," given the "informal" speech patterns in this here Woody Guthrie tune, but he's got a legit lament, eh?

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:07 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Unbidden, you keep returning to the sickening trough, though. "Page after page?" — why eat any of it?

Because even a broken clock is correct twice a day. On occasion one of you lays a golden egg and an interesting conversation can happen. But, I feel like I have to wade through 40 miles of horse **** to find it.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:51 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

On occasion one of you lays a golden egg and an interesting conversation can happen. But, I feel like I have to wade through 40 miles of horse **** to find it.

Yeah, Gent, there is very little conversation in threads like this, interesting or not. Just about everyone is a merely a cheerleader, rooting for his team, with no interest in actual conversation.

Mindless drivel prevails.

I blame it all on the cheese-eaters, eh?

They just really just aint got no kinda game.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:00 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I'm absolutely content putting people on ignore who provide commentary I find of no value or unusually disagreeable.

"Disagreeable" is the key word here. You basically just want agreement, and will generally ignore any disagreement.

By the same token, posts which disagree with you are of "no value." The ignore function keeps your "safe space" inviolable.

Ya cheese-eater, ya.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:07 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Any comments on Noam Chompsky, Marx, Michael Moore, Hitchens, China, the WHO, the IPCC, or any other of your heroes in response to my "spewage," I wonder?

I didn't think so.

You won't even try to defend your heroes. Understandable, I suppose, because they're indefensible.

Best strategy is just to post non-stop pictures of dumpster fires. It's so clever, and all, ya know?
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:17 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Yeah, Gent, there is very little conversation in threads like this, interesting or not. Just about everyone is a merely a cheerleader, rooting for his team, with no interest in actual conversation.

Nothing witty is said here. There is no hint of light-hearted banter, or amicable repartee.

Cheese-eaters don't play dat.

They're fuckin SERIOUS, I tells ya!

Aint that right, cheese-eaters?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:20 pm
@layman,
Does anyone list Michael Moore as one of their heroes?
Maybe more a decade ago some people did, but, that is over and done.I

...I personally never had much regard for him. He looked a little too eager and needing to be liked.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:23 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Does anyone list Michael Moore as one of their heroes?

Hell, yeah! Most people here LOVE Moore.

Aint that right, cheese-eaters?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
...I personally never had much regard for him.

Well, I guess you adhere more to the Hitchens school of thought, eh?

Hitchens wrote:
I never quite know whether Moore is as ignorant as he looks, or even if that would be humanly possible.

If nothing else, Hitchens at least had a good deal of wit.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:43 pm
@layman,
Ain't a fan of Hitchens.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:45 pm
@layman,
What offends me about it is that you do it really badly.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:12 pm
Quote:
Trump rips into fired intelligence community IG: 'Disgrace to IGs'

President Trump on Saturday ripped into fired Intelligence Community Inspector General (IG) Michael Atkinson for his conduct related to the Ukraine controversy.

“I thought he did a terrible job, absolutely terrible,” Trump said on Saturday. “He took a whistleblower report that turned out to be a fake report, it was fake...he took a fake report and he brought it to Congress with an emergency."

Trump also took aim once again at the anonymous whistleblower, calling him a “fake whistleblower.”

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., accused Trump of firing people “for telling the truth.”

In January, Fox News reported that Atkinson was being investigated by Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee for his handling of the Ukraine matter.

A source told Fox News that Republicans are also looking at the veracity of Atkinson's testimony about the whistleblower complaint, and the explanations he offered for changes made to the ICIG’s guidance on accepting second-hand information.

The "truth," eh, Chuckie-boy?

Yeah, right.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
Some Cheese-eater wrote:
It's the phony Stepin Fetchit routine which disgusts me the most.

MontereyJack wrote:

What offends me about it is that you do it really badly.

Diz heea a lil mo betta fo yo azz, Mazza? Lawd be knowwin I wud NEVVA wanna fenz yo azz, er nuthin.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:32 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

On occasion one of you lays a golden egg and an interesting conversation can happen. But, I feel like I have to wade through 40 miles of horse **** to find it.

What tends to happen is someone posts a twitter quote or a news hit piece, 3 people agree while trying to one up the previous poster with how bad of an insult they can give to someone in the administration and then they each reply to those posts and next thing you know there is 3 pages of stuff about nothing. Now, I gotta work during the week and that only leaves weekends and week nights for me to come in and it/s not unusual to see between 5-10 pages of new posts. I have a few users ignored as they haven't posted anything useful in years.

But, I enjoy reading opposition posts because I get a better sense of the talking points and the "irritation" of the day. It I find something worth responding to, I do.

Speaking of Blatham sycophants; I point to the phantom menace that plays the thumb games. They have no sense of meaning. It's merely about the poster name. But, that's just a thing that is below Blatham's notice. He can't be bothered to look down upon the proletariat and see what they do.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
What tends to happen is someone posts a twitter quote or a news hit piece, 3 people agree while trying to one up the previous poster with how bad of an insult they can give to someone in the administration and then they each reply to those posts and next thing you know there is 3 pages of stuff about nothing.

Well, yeah, but when it's all over, there's high-fives all around. Everyone ends up with a lot of upvotes and everybody is smugly content with their masterful performance.

That's surely worth something, aint it?
0 Replies