layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:46 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ah-hahahahahahahahaha . . .

You are so ignorant. That's not what Godwin said, get over it.

He wasn't even talking about what Godwin said, per se. He was talking about Godwin's law. Not that you could possibly make the distinction, but, still.....

Quote:
There are many corollaries to Godwin's law....For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that, when a Hitler comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses whatever debate is in progress.This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law.

There are many corollaries to Euclidean geometry that Euclid himself never expressly enunciated. They are still logical implications of the basic axioms.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:58 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
It can only be Hitler.
Yes. (Actually, first the state of Thuringia - but on order by Hitler.)
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:59 am
@oralloy,
I constantly point out your fact-gree, opinion-based statements, as well as you false claims in what you allege are factual statements. You just fall back on the schoolyard, playground defense . . . nuh--uh. You are pathetic.
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 09:10 am
@layman,
What Godwin himself did say:

Quote:
Although deliberately framed as if it were a law of nature or of mathematics, its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust. ...

I was trying to jumpstart Godwin's Law into becoming a self-propagating idea. By all accounts, I succeeded. The Law turned out to be more successful at propagating itself than I could ever have predicted. Far more people have heard about "Godwin's Law" than have heard about me...

I'm content that the Law has as much popcult traction as it does. My feeling is that "Never Again" loses its meaning if we don't regularly remind ourselves of the terrible inflection point marked in human culture by the Holocaust.

http://jewcy.com/jewish-arts-and culture/i_seem_be_verb_18_years_godwins_law
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 09:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

layman wrote:
It can only be Hitler.
Yes.

Ever hear of Lenin, Walt? Stalin, maybe? Mao? Pol Pot, perchance? Any other commie regime in history?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 09:20 am
@layman,
At least you didn't mention Fidel...
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 09:22 am
@layman,
Leave it to the cheese-eaters in this here joint to give 3 (net) downvotes to a post with no commentary whatsover, and merely stating verifiable facts, eh?

It's the nature of the cheese-eater.
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 09:34 am
@layman,
A recently overhead conversation between two cheese-eaters:

Cheese-eater #1: My landlady is worse than HITLER! That bitch actually demanded that I pay my rent. She says she's gunna evict me if I don't.
Can you BELIEVE that ****?!

Cheese-eater #2. Yeah, far worse. What a fascist! Hey! Quit bogartin that limburger, and pass some my way, willya?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 09:58 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Ever hear of Lenin, Walt? Stalin, maybe? Mao? Pol Pot, perchance? Any other commie regime in history?
Yes. But this wasn't the point at all: rogessives (Liberals) were first sent to concentration camps in 1933 in Germany by Hitler.

Ever heard when Hitler lived? Ever heard of Progressives/Liberals? Even know what concentration camps are?
oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 09:59 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I constantly point out your fact-gree, opinion-based statements, as well as you false claims in what you allege are factual statements.

You cannot provide any examples of any post where you have ever pointed out an error in my posts.

Neither can you provide any examples of any errors in my posts even now.

Setanta wrote:
You just fall back on the schoolyard, playground defense . . . nuh--uh. You are pathetic.

It is entirely reasonable for me to defend myself from untrue accusations.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Progessives (Liberals) were first sent to concentration camps in 1933 in Germany by Hitler.

Wrong. Lenin, just to name one, hated the bourgeois. Only hard-core commies were welcome.

On the other hand. Hitler had no problem at all with the middle class. He didn't intern them, just commies.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:11 am
@layman,
The "Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps and Labor Settlements" (aka Gulap) were indeed set up by Lenin.

So for you "bourgeois" is the synonym for progressive?
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The "Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps and Labor Settlements" (aka Gulap) were indeed set up by Lenin.

So for you "bourgeois" is the synonym for progressive?

No , they're not "synonyms."

In practice, there is no substantial difference between a commie and a person who wants to call himself a "progressive."

Self-styled "progressives" tend to be either middle or upper class, though.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
In 1933, the first Nazi concentration camps were established around Weimar in Nohra (the first one in Germany) and Bad Sulza. Most prisoners at this time were communists ...

After Kristallnacht in 1938, harassment of Jews became more intense, so that many of them emigrated or were arrested. The Weimar Synagogue was destroyed in 1938.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Seriously cj, this is one of the worst posts of you

No it is not. I said Germany knows all about concentration camps. I am supposed to feel bad about a fact. I have no control over facts.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ever ask yourself just what end goal the "progressives" are trying to make "progress" toward is?

It's commieism, that's what.

Brand X

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:52 am
Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller
·
10m
Despite what Pelosi has said, there is no select committee on #coronavirus and there can't be one for months because she refused to implement remote voting.
Quote Tweet

Daniel Schuman
@danielschuman
· 11m
How can @SpeakerPelosi create a Coronavirus Select Committee? With House members absent, she'd need Unanimous Consent on the House floor in a pro-forma mtg. McCarthy says he opposes. Ergo: no Coronavirus Cmte until all the members return, which could be months or more.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 10:54 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

layman wrote:
Yes. But this wasn't the point at all: rogessives (Liberals) were first sent to concentration camps in 1933 in Germany by Hitler.

Ever heard when Hitler lived? Ever heard of Progressives/Liberals? Even know what concentration camps are?

For the record, Walt, the issue wasn't about who was "first" to begin with.

It was about who one selects to complain about. And you said only Hitler.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:19 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Ever ask yourself just what end goal the "progressives" are trying to make "progress" toward is?

It's commieism, that's what.
Progressivism (from lat. progressio, onis, f.: progress) describes a political philosophy based on the fundamental idea of progress in the fields of science, technology, economic development and organization; it is thus the counter-philosophy to conservatism.

Progressivism ensured the development of a German social and nation state in the 19th and 20th centuries.
After the failed Liberal Revolution in 1848, the old liberals formed several parties. A large part of the members merged into the German Progressive Party ("Deutsche Fortschrittspartei").
The German Progress Party (DFP, "Fortschritt") was founded on June 6, 1861, by liberal members of parliament in the Prussian House of Representatives as the first German program party.
The Progressive Party merged with the Liberal Union in 1884 to form the German Liberal Party.
That party later became the Deutsche Demokratische Partei ("German Democratic Party"), a left-wing national-liberal party in the Weimar Republic. Nearly all German governments from 1918 to 1931 included ministers from the DDP, such as Walther Rathenau, Eugen Schiffer, Hugo Preuß, Kurt Riezler, Otto Gessler, Max Weber and Erich Koch-Weser.

What was your question again, layman?
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:24 am
@layman,
It's true that people who euphemistically call themselves "progressives' aren't generally immersed in Marxist ideology. They're not that bright.

They're what Lenin called "useful idiots."
0 Replies