oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
it's one reason why conservatives are assholes.

If progressives were not so evil, people would not have to stand up to them.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:37 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Not for Germany, we agree again.
Could you name some or at least one of the concentration camps in Germany past 1945 (leaving out those in the Soviet Zone)? Or any other camp for Progressives here (including the Soviet Zone) past 1945?

Seriously cj, this is one of the worst posts of you - especially since it's the 75th anniversary of the destroying of concentration camps.
Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:56 pm
@oralloy,
As with so many other ideas, you just don't understand Godwin's Law. Godwin wrote: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1". Once that probability has been reached, it cannot occur again--which is what you apparently lack the wit to understand. When you call for outlawing an opposition party, and when you call for labor camps for those with whom you disagree, you are clearly advocating policies which are classically fascist, and which the NSDAP began implementing from 1933 onward. You are truly pathetic.
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 01:21 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Overwhelmingly. Over and over. The Democratic voters - not the DNC, the deep state, the corporate puppet masters, the billionaire oligarchs, the crooked media or Hillary Clinton and her evil cabal... The frikking voters. Across the country. In big states and smaller states. The democratic voters have made their choice and It ain’t frikking Bernie Sanders!!

Whew.

For some strange reason, I never saw you and your ilk say that about Trump, eh?
oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 01:25 am
@Setanta,
I'm referring to the version of Godwin's law that states that the person who has been called a Nazi has just won the argument.
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 01:30 am
Quote:
Duterte warns those who violate coronavirus lockdown will be shot dead

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte ordered police and military in the country on Wednesday to kill troublemakers who violate coronavirus lockdown measures.

Now there's some serious law enforcement for ya, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 01:39 am
Quote:
California engineer derails train over suspicion about coronavirus aid ship USNS Mercy

A train engineer intentionally drove a locomotive full speed ahead off the end of rail tracks near the USNS Mercy, which was docked at the port after transporting necessary supplies for coronavirus efforts to California hospitals.

Federal prosecutors charged Eduardo Moreno, 44, with train wrecking, after allegedly admitting in two separate police interviews that he intentionally crashed the train because he was suspicious of the Navy hospital ship in the dock.

Moreno expressed concerns to authorities that the ship had an alternate purpose than to assist with COVID-19 and was potentially linked to a government takeover and he derailed the train to "wake people up."

“You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to," Moreno told investigators, according to the complaint. "People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”

Eduardo Moreno, eh? From California.

What are the odds, ya figure, that this wacko is a registred Democrat?
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 01:50 am
Jimmy-boy done got played, sho nuff:

Quote:
ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl knocked his CNN counterpart Jim Acosta in his new book about covering the Trump presidency.

In his memoir "Front Row at the Trump Show," Karl claimed that Acosta was "playing into the explicit Trump strategy of portraying the press as the opposition party."

"The surest way to undermine the credibility of the White House press corps is to behave like the political opposition," Karl wrote. "Don't give speeches from the White House briefing room."

The chump.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:26 am
Quote:
Pelosi pushes 'SALT shakeup' stimulus that would reduce her tax bill and enrich her wealthy district

Just days after taking heat for successfully demanding $25 million in stimulus funds for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., Pelosi specifically declared this week that it might be wise to “retroactively undo SALT,” which was enacted as part of the 2017 tax cuts and prevents households from deducting more than $10,000 per year of their state and local tax expenditures from federal tax bills.

Pelosi and her husband have a property tax liability of approximately $198,337.62 considering their two homes, a winery and two commercial properties, public records show, indicating that the couple could reap benefits on roughly $188,000 given a full SALT repeal.

Pelosi's 2020 property taxes in Washington, D.C. totaled $13,997.20 given her Georgetown condo and garage, valued at $1,646,730. Her San Francisco property taxes totaled $51,480.02, plus $47,631.98 from her Napa winery, $64,874.66 from a San Francisco commercial property, and $20,353.76 for another building.

Roughly 13 million households nationally would benefit from slashing SALT, with the vast majority of them earning six-figure incomes and located in New York and California, The New York Times reported this week.

A Pelosi spokesperson said that a SALT drawdown would be “tailored to focus on middle-class earners....

California's 12th congressional district, which Pelosi represents, is among the wealthiest in the U.S., with a median income of $113,919, according to census data. The average household income is $168,456 -- meaning most residents would benefit from any significant cut to SALT.

The government would lose out on $77.4 billion in tax dollars.

"Retroactively," eh? That means Nancy would have a big-ass check coming from prior taxes paid.

Greedy little Nancy, who is worth hundreds of millions, don't wanna lose a nickel of HER tax breaks, eh?

Quote:
A Pelosi spokesperson said that a SALT drawdown would be “tailored to focus on middle-class earners....

Yeah, right, eh?

$188,000 in deductions for Nancy her own damn self. At least we aint talkin no "crumbs" for poor folk here.

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal editorial board wrote Tuesday. "When Democrats next complain that Republicans want to cut taxes 'for the rich,' remember that Mrs. Pelosi wants to cut them too—but mainly for the progressive rich in Democratic states."

And she has the gall to characterize this as a "stimulus." What a phony.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:47 am
@layman,
probably pretty slim. most conspiracy theorists tend to be far right wingers.
oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:54 am
@MontereyJack,
I hear plenty of petrol-dollar conspiracy nonsense from the left.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:30 am
Commie-ass left wing Dems saw the lack of a threat from the Kung Flu, right off the bat, eh? Sheeeit, it aint even contagious. They're not real doctors, but they play one on TV.

How's everything goin in NYC after you encouraged them all to congregate freely, Billy-boy?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 05:19 am
@oralloy,
Ah-hahahahahahahahaha . . .

You are so ignorant. That's not what Godwin said, get over it.
oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 06:51 am
@Setanta,
I am adequately knowledgeable about the subjects I post about. That's why people are seldom able to provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts.

Get over what? I'm not aware of anything that I might need to get over.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 07:20 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
As with so many other ideas, you just don't understand Godwin's Law.
I could not count up the number of idiotic posts I've bumped into here and elsewhere which toss out Godwin with little or no real understanding of the point he was making. In the minds of such nitwits, any mention of Hitler or Naziism in any context is a violation, therefore illogical (or something...it's not clear because those complainers are so befuddled on the matter).
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 07:28 am
@blatham,
A perfect example is Oralloy claiming "I win." What did you win, Bubba? He is pathologically incapable of distinguishing between fact and his opinions. He calls for the suppression of the Democratic Party, and sending "progressives" to labor camps--classic fascist tactics, and both employed by the NSDAP as early as 1933. Would that have included the progressive Repubicans Theodor Roosevelt, Jr., the 26th President, and William Howard Taft, the 27th President? Would that have included the Senate Republican leader Henry Cabot Lodge? Orally is profoundly ignorant, as well as severely delusional.
layman

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:26 am
@Setanta,
If you wanted to refer to a dictator who employed such tactics, then there's a million of your commie-ass homeys you could have mentioned, but, noooooooo. It can only be Hitler.
oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:29 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
He is pathologically incapable of distinguishing between fact and his opinions.

You cannot provide any examples of me ever failing to distinguish the difference between fact and my opinions.

Setanta wrote:
Oralloy is profoundly ignorant, as well as severely delusional.

You cannot provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:35 am
@layman,
we the voters did not vote trump in. we voted Hillary in. only the electoral college voted trump in.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:36 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I could not count up the number of idiotic posts I've bumped into here and elsewhere which toss out Godwin with little or no real understanding of the point he was making. In the minds of such nitwits, any mention of Hitler or Naziism in any context is a violation, therefore illogical (or something...it's not clear because those complainers are so befuddled on the matter).

Wow Blatham. Considering the name-calling tactics that you fall back on whenever you try to think for yourself, you must have lost many many arguments to Godwin's Law over the years. I can see how perpetual defeat must be quite frustrating for you. My condolences for your suffering and misery.
0 Replies