blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 07:55 pm
Quote:
Trip Gabriel
@tripgabriel
· 6h
Nearly a dozen Liberty students were sick with symptoms that suggest Covid-19 after Falwell called them back to campus. “Liberty will be notifying the community as deemed appropriate and required by law,” Falwell said when confronted with the numbers. https://nyti.ms/2UKAmlh

Another bastard I'd love to see sued into oblivion.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:08 pm

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 8h
“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

**** you you ******* sociopath and **** every one who still supports you.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:11 pm
@blatham,
Losing your composure???
blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:13 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
3h
Trump: "We had a lot of people, people were saying maybe we should not do anything, just ride it. Ride it like a cowboy. Ride that sucker right through."

snood

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:13 pm
@blatham,
I know it’s not a healthy expenditure of energy,
but I ******* hate this lowdown son-of-a-bitch.
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:14 pm
@snood,
Progressives hate. It's what they do.
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:18 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
**** you you ******* sociopath and **** every one who still supports you.

It's the Democrats' own fault that anyone who cares about civil liberties feels compelled to vote for Republicans.

Maybe stop violating people's civil liberties for fun and people will think about voting for you guys again.

In the meantime, I'm more than happy to cast an absentee vote for Mr. Trump in November.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:21 pm
@georgeob1,
If you looked at any of the analyses of what's actually in the stimulus bill, which was for the most part written by republicans, you'd find it's laden with pork, mostly to benefit republicans, like Mitch McConnell's sunscreen factory constituents. Gotta have that sunscreen to combat coronavirus. Not to say the Dems didn't put some in too, but the repubs got there first and got the most pork for themselves, not for the country.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:26 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Losing your composure???

You mean like this Supreme Court Justice?

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/d9c464eba48b55f202e9f44357e38aa926242113/0_224_5804_3482/master/5804.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=d51a90e6c1a7d598285f1638bf74b351

Yeah, a bit like that. But I'm not faking it.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:36 pm
@blatham,
How do you presume to know he was faking it? You base many of your arguments, at least in part, of an utterly unfounded presumption that you somehow know the inner thoughts and motives of those you oppose.

The example you chose here was a particularly weak one, involving rather obvious justification and motivation to the reaction you noted.

Your assertion is not only unfounded, it is laughably implausible.
blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:40 pm
@georgeob1,
Do you presume, through intuitive grasp of his inner thoughts and motives, that he was sincere?
georgeob1

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:45 pm
@blatham,
No. I merely observed that he had been ambushed by politicians at the hearing with a vague accusation, given by and uncertain "witness" and for which there was ample contradictory evidence, and that it was amplified by offensive statements and accusations, masquerading as questions, from the opposing senators. In that situation I would be very pissed off as well.
blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:50 pm
Trump on states critical of the federal response:
Quote:
“When they disrespect me, they are disrespecting our government.”

To this sick prick who thinks he's a Mafia don, criticism equals disrespect and that's beyond the pale. And as we all know, he never behaved that way himself when speaking of the previous president.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:55 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
In that situation I would be very pissed off as well.
So he was sincerely pissed off.

Your continued support for Trump is morally despicable.
blatham

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:59 pm
Quote:
Trump Increases Hostility Toward Reporters Questioning His Handling Of Coronavirus Crisis
The president attacked two different journalists who read his own quote back to him.
link
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:03 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Don't be silly. Mr. Trump protects us from progressives who are out to violate our civil liberties.

He is well worthy of our continued support.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:11 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

Are you kidding me? You said that? Laughing Laughing Laughing
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Blatham is completely correct. Trump is a corrupt liar and should be locked up when he leaves office in January. Preferably the next day. or better yet as soon as he leaves the white house.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:45 pm
@oralloy,
He most certainly is not worthy of support.
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. People who prevent progressives from violating our civil liberties very much deserve our support.
0 Replies