layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 12:58 pm
@layman,
Nietzsche wrote:
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:09 pm
@layman,
[url][/url]Biden is a shallow, hollow man, without substance. That alone would disqualify him as a presidential material. But to make matters even worse, he has entered into advanced stages of Alzheimer's disease. And he was none too bright to begin with, ya know?

Get on that bandwagon, fanboyz! All 25 of you.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:13 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Because he doesn't try to bullshit anybody, like Trump.

Bernie's ENTIRE campaign has been nothing but bullshitting his disciples with promises of free healthcare, free college, student loan forgiveness, free housing, etc, etc. All paid for by the billionaires.

So in the sense that Bernie has built a campaign full of lies and false promises, yes, he's just like Trump.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:17 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Bernie's ENTIRE campaign has been nothing but bullshitting his disciples with promises of free healthcare, free college, student loan forgiveness, free housing, etc, etc. All paid for by the billionaires.

Of course. but he actually believes his commie bullshit.

Harry S. Truman wrote:
Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:29 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Let me add one important point to the discussion above.

The real source of Biden's appeal, which might extend beyond partisan Dems, is that he's NOT exciting: he's running as a generic Dem, a return to normality, a Democratic Warren Harding. Given crisis situation, many voters fight that attractive.

Leave it to a self-deluding cheese-eater to conclude that their greatest weakness (lackluster appeal generating no enthusiasm) is actually a great strength, eh?

The mobs will be stabbing each other to be the first to vote for that boy, sho nuff. It will be pandemonium.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:41 pm
Back to the Chompsky commie for a minute. I'll give him credit for at least saying one true thing in his life. To wit:

Chompsky wrote:
I was always on the side of the losers.
Lash

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:46 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Back to the Chompsky commie for a minute. I'll give him credit for at least saying one true thing in his life. To wit:

Chompsky wrote:
I was always on the side of the losers.

Because the multitudes can’t overcome this country’s propagandists and their uniform lies often enough to know wtf is going on. The cheaty liars have been winning mostly.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:52 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Because the multitudes can’t overcome this country’s propagandists and their uniform lies often enough to know wtf is going on.

One big reason why they are losers, eh?
Lash

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 01:53 pm
@layman,
I can’t disagree.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 02:05 pm
A cheese-eater who approaches the crowd forming at a 3 card monte game soon discovers, by mere observation, that he has a natural-born talent for the game. Time after time, he would have, if he'd only been playing, picked the right card. Almost all of the other players (the shills) are losing money, though.

Finally he hauls off and joins the game. He makes a few modest bets and wins them all. Now he KNOWS he's a winner.

Turns out that, after betting all his money and his clothes to boot, he ends up walking home with a barrel around his sorry ass. He's asking himself how he lost his magic touch. He generally concludes that he somehow displeased God.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 02:32 pm
The drama queen in chief takes the stage once again, eh?

Quote:
Pelosi says 'As the president fiddles, people are dying'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called out President Trump on Sunday over his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, saying that the federal government’s response to it has proved “deadly” for Americans.

Pelosi also criticized Trump for suggesting that he would relax federal guidelines on business closures and social distancing in parts of the country so far less affected by the coronavirus – arguing that the U.S. “should be taking every precaution” and questioning whether Trump is listening to public health officials’ suggestions.

“As the president fiddles, people are dying. We just have to take every precaution,” she added.

We're all gunna die, I tells ya!

Aint that right, Nancy?

coldjoint

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 02:35 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Aint that right, Nancy?

Nancy is short an olive in her martini. The inaction in the early stages of this pandemic by Democrats concentrating on impeachment might have cost some lives.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 02:42 pm
@layman,
Quote:
De Blasio admonishes critics not to 'look back' on his previous efforts to downplay coronavirus

With the Big Apple now the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the United States, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Sunday that critics should not be "focusing" on "anything looking back on any level of government right now" -- including his previous statements urging his constituents to go about their lives and not worry about the virus.

"This is just about how we save lives going forward. Everyone was working with the information we had, and trying of course to avoid panic," de Blasio began. "The bottom line is none of us have time to look backwards."

On Jan. 24, de Blasio said New Yorkers should "continue living as you have"; on Feb. 14 he said, "this should not stop you from going about your life ... from going out to Chinatown and going out to eat"; and on March 13, he reiterated "we wanted people to go on about their lives."

The Trump administration restricted travel from China on Jan. 31 in response to the mounting coronavirus threat -- a move many Democrats and media outlets characterized as irresponsible and unnecessary.

Spare us the hypocrisy and just get on with the Trump-bashing, eh, Billy-boy?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 03:24 pm
Well, OK, then! I'm gittin me a dog, sho nuff. It will also come in handy as soon as I run low on food, I figure:

Quote:
Busch to give '3 months' of beer to people that adopt or foster a dog during coronavirus pandemic

The rules for the promotion are fairly simple: adopt or foster a dog through Midwest Animal Rescue and then send the proof to Busch through Facebook...Busch will be providing up to 500 customers with a pre-paid debit card worth $100. Busch will be accepting submissions through April 25th.

$100? Sheeeit.

I knew there was a catch somewhere. That's only enough for about a 3 day supply, not 3 months.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 03:33 pm
Quote:
Biden sexual assault allegation goes unmentioned in another televised interview

Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden, who has previously said that women leveling misconduct accusations should be presumptively believed, sat for another television interview Sunday -- and again wasn't asked about the recent accusation by former Senate staffer Tara Reade that the former vice president sexually assaulted her in 1993.

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you've got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she's talking about is real," Biden said during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. He added that was true "whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time."

Instead of asking about the alleged sexual assault, Todd queried Biden as to whether Trump had "blood on his hands" over the coronavirus pandemic.

Chuck Toad never fails to play the toady, eh?
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 03:44 pm
@layman,
Oh goody, does this mean you want to take seriously the 19 or so women who accused trump of sexual harassment too?
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 03:51 pm
It will be a cheap but enormously effective ad for the Trump campaign. No words, no music, just a printed question on the screen asking: "Is this what you want?

https://www.themonitor.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/60/2019/05/AP19142701405243-1.jpg

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 03:52 pm
@layman,
Yes, please. an honest, trustworthy womanpolitician in office would be a welcome changeafter the last three years of lies and corruption.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 03:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Oh goody, does this mean you want to take seriously the 19 or so women who accused trump of sexual harassment too?

I just want Biden to be consistent, that's all. He should immediately say:

"She MUST be believed. I hereby withdraw my candidacy for Pres."
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 03:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Yes, please. an honest, trustworthy woman politician...

Pelosi? "Honest?" "Trustworthy?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA