oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:36 am
@layman,
Quote:
In Noam Chomsky's books one theme is constant: his portrayal of the state of Israel as the focus of evil in the Middle East, a malevolent outlaw whose only redeeming feature is the readiness of its own left-wing intelligentsia to expose its horrifying depravity.

So he's a neonazi too.

I'm not surprised. Most progressives are.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:47 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Brand X wrote:
Why are you so concerned about what Noam said but not all the stupid misguided **** Trump says?

I don't pay much attention to either one. But I do object to people making false accusations against the US. And if I'm remembering correctly, Chomsky made a bunch of false accusations about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Well, ya know, as usual, we started the war with Japan, to hear Chomsky tell it.

Chomsky wrote:
“The Japanese had very real grievances, and the United States had quite a significant share of responsibility in those grievances back in 1941. On December 8, we struck back quite blindly, quite unthinkingly, and I'm not at all sure in retrospect that the world is any the better for it.”

What a commie.
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:49 am
@layman,
In the mind of a progressive, "standing in the way of a ruthless dictator out to commit genocide" is a pretty serious grievance.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:51 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Quote:
In Noam Chomsky's books one theme is constant: his portrayal of the state of Israel as the focus of evil in the Middle East, a malevolent outlaw whose only redeeming feature is the readiness of its own left-wing intelligentsia to expose its horrifying depravity.

So he's a neonazi too.

I'm not surprised. Most progressives are.

True dat:

Quote:
"In 1979, Robert Faurisson, a French professor, wrote a book claiming that the Nazis did not have gas chambers, did not attempt a genocide of Jews (or any other groups), and that the "myth" of the gas chambers had been put forth by Zionist swindlers for the benefit of the state of Israel"

"I see no anti-Semitic implications in denial of the existence of gas chambers or even denial of the Holocaust. I see no hint of anti-Semitic implications in Faurisson's work" (Chomsky)

Chomsky's preface to Faurisson 's book : "Let me add a final remark about Faurisson's alleged "anti-Semitism:… is it true that Faurisson is an anti-Semite or a neo-Nazi? I find no evidence to support either conclusion....As far as I can determine, he is a relatively apolitical liberal of some sort."
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:56 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Why are you so concerned about what Noam said but not all the stupid misguided **** Trump says?

The real question here is why do admire, and refuse to criticize, Chomsky, eh?

No one with any sense considers him to be "respectable" at this point.

Brand X

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 08:58 am
@layman,
Noam is not affecting my life, Cheetolini is.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:02 am
@layman,
Actually, the Faurisson affair greatly damaged Chomsky's reputation in France, a country he did not visit for almost thirty years following the affair, and where translation of his political writings was delayed until the 2000s but was defended by US-Americans as Faurisson's right to express and publish his opinions on the grounds that freedom of speech.
maporsche

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:04 am
@Setanta,
Chomsky has a few choice words for the Bernie or Bust idiots though.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

[He] was defended by US-Americans as Faurisson's right to express and publish his opinions on the grounds that freedom of speech.

Well, I too would defend that. And I suppose that I would agree with Chomsky's claim that he was just a typical liberal.

But I would not proclaim that there was not even a hint of antisemitism in his book.

I leave that to Chompsky and his "liberal" ilk, eh?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:21 am
@maporsche,
He campaigned for Bernie. Said Bernie’s policies were the only sensible ones.
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:24 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

He and Burnie have a lot in common. They're both multi-millionaires who have made a career of playing chumps by denouncing capitalism. Chompky used to peddle his garbage at the rate of $100,000 per speech.
Lash

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:27 am
@layman,
You are quite a persistent swashbuckler, eh, homie!
snood

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:30 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Do you miss the point on purpose, or are you just ******* dense? Maporsche pointed out Chomsky’s criticism of Bernie’s followers. Nothing about what he thinks about Bernie himself.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:33 am
@Lash,
I don't like no damn America-hating commies.

Quote:
“Samantha Power, in an otherwise sympathetic review of Hegemony or Survival (New York Times Book Review, January 2004), writes: "For Chomsky, the world is divided into oppressor and oppressed. America, the prime oppressor, can do no right, while the sins of those categorized as oppressed receive scant mention."

America First, Baby!
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:35 am
@layman,
More deep thoughts from Chomsky about the stinking jews, eh?

Quote:
Noam Chomsky's writings contain some striking remarks about his fellow Jews. In a discussion of race and IQ, he asserted that it "might conceivably be the case" that "Jews have a genetically determined tendency toward usury and domination"

Asked why his books were ignored in the American Jewish media, he responded: "The Jewish community here is deeply totalitarian. They do not want democracy, they do not want freedom" (Shmate: A Journal of Progressive Jewish Thought, Summer 1988).
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:47 am
Chomster: (paraphrasing) Establishment Dems are moderate Republicans; Bernie has taken the crazy neoliberal move to the right and dragged it single-handedly to where Eisenhower might recognize it again; Bernie is fabulous; his supporters can save the world; you suck.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 09:55 am
Quote:
“I think they’re [Bernie or Busters] making a bad mistake.”

“There are two issues,” he said. “One is a kind of moral issue: do you vote against the greater evil if you don’t happen to like the other candidate? The answer to that is yes. If you have any moral understanding, you want to keep the greater evil out."

“Second is a factual question: how do Trump and Clinton compare? I think they’re very different. I didn’t like Clinton at all, but her positions are much better than Trump’s on every issue I can think of.”

To paraphase, Bernie or Busters are immoral.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/noam-chomsky-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-a7438526.html
layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 10:08 am
@maporsche,
Quote:

Yeah, that article delivers the definitive statement about "morality," sho nuff.

Quote:
Noam Chomsky has a grave message for liberal voters who refused to vote to stop Donald Trump by selecting Hillary Clinton...Chomsky declared the Republican party “the most dangerous organisation in world history.”

Much worse than the Nazi's, Pol Pot, and every other genocidal "organization" the world has seen come and go, eh? Anyone who is woke to virtue-signaling surely understands that.

And they are, no doubt, intimately familiar with "world history."
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 10:10 am
@maporsche,

I clicked on the link you provided.

Thanks for posting the link so that everyone can click and read the article.

The article really put things in perspective.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2020 10:47 am
Chompsky's analysis of 9/11: Just what you'd expect, eh? The U.S deserved it, and had done far worse:

Chompsky wrote:
In scale [the WTC terrorist attack] may not reach the level of many others, for example, Clintons bombing of the Sudan with no credible pretext, destroying half its pharmaceutical supplies and killing unknown numbers of people (no one knows, because the US blocked an inquiry at the UN and no one cares to pursue it).

Heh, nice try, commie-boy.