layman

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 09:21 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Or we'll just get bored with the dead body count on the news, just like in the good ole days of Vietnam et al... So far we have been spared the scrolling names and pictures of the dead.

Dead this year: Common Flu 23,000; Kung Flu 1,000

I want a minute by minute update on common flu deaths. Why have we NEVER had this!?

That's the REAL killer round these here parts, ya know?
Brand X

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 09:42 am
@layman,
We never needed a lie counter before Cheetolini, that counter also keeps things in perspective.
revelette3

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:51 am
Quote:
Joe Biden’s campaign is mounting an aggressive behind-the-scenes effort to address the biggest weakness of his candidacy: A lack of enthusiasm among the liberal base, particularly young voters.

Since his landslide victories earlier this month, Biden’s advisers have engaged in talks with a range of top progressive groups, including some that endorsed his chief rival, Bernie Sanders, according to multiple sources familiar with the conversations. The outreach to left-wing organizations and individuals — representing causes from climate change and immigrant rights to gun control and mobilizing underserved black and brown communities — is focused on young activists. Broadly speaking, they viewed Biden as one of the least-inspiring candidates in the sprawling Democratic primary field.

It’s a delicate dance for both sides. For one, Sanders is still in the race. Plus, the progressives recognize that their time and leverage to influence Biden is limited since he’s all but wrapped up the nomination. Still, Biden needs to fix his enthusiasm deficit, which was partly masked by his wins this month, and it’s far from certain that antipathy toward President Donald Trump alone will do the job.

The activists are seeking commitments from the Biden campaign on their issues, knowing that any headway is likely to be on the margins; Biden, for instance, will never come close to Sanders on policies like “Medicare for All.” It’s a distinct letdown for them after coming tantalizingly close to getting Sanders as the nominee. To win the nomination now, Sanders would need to win more than 60 percent of the remaining delegates.

“The dirty little secret is everyone’s talking to Biden’s campaign,” said Sean McElwee, co-founder of the liberal think tank Data for Progress. “There will be fights, but at the end of the day, progressives still hold votes in the Senate and increasingly Democratic voters stand behind our views. I expect we’ll see Biden embracing key planks of the ambitious agenda progressives have outlined on issues like climate and pharmaceutical policy.”

Biden’s team is treating the project like a minicampaign. It has formed an internal working group dedicated to outreach to progressives, which met this week, and is crafting a timeline of engagement over the next few weeks. Senior Biden advisers Symone Sanders and Cristóbal Alex, along with policy director Stef Feldman, are leading the effort.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/28/joe-biden-plan-to-court-young-progressives-151787
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 12:20 pm
Spicy Bernie is tired of murderous healthcare policies.

Bernie Sanders
@SenSanders
We will not tolerate our people going bankrupt to get treated for coronavirus or any other damn illness.

We need Medicare for All.
Quote Tweet

NBC News
@NBCNews
· Mar 26
WATCH: She had COVID-19 but no insurance. Her treatment cost $34,972. https://nbcnews.to/2WO0YEC -
@NBCNewsTHINK
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 12:57 pm
@layman,
Glad to see that you agree with us pervs that crooked trump is like Hitler in that he breaks treaties in order to gain wealth and power.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 12:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
Are you ready to go? So go, no one around here will miss you.
Lash

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 01:29 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

How dare you say such a cruel thing. Incitement to suicide is against every goddamn rule on the internet. I’m reporting you to law enforcement.
layman

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 02:35 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

How dare you say such a cruel thing. Incitement to suicide is against every goddamn rule on the internet. I’m reporting you to law enforcement.

Aint nobody gunna "incite' Leddy to nuthin, Darlin. He'll just do whatever he wants to do.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 02:52 pm
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz031020dAPR20200310024531.jpg
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:02 pm
@coldjoint,
gEEZ, ANOTHER IDIOTIC RIGHT WING IRRELEVANT CARTOONIST, THEY'RE BREEDING LIKE MAGGOTS.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
gEEZ, ANOTHER IDIOTIC RIGHT WING IRRELEVANT CARTOONIST, THEY'RE BREEDING LIKE MAGGOTS.

Put me on ignore. Please.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:22 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:
We never needed a lie counter before Cheetolini, that counter also keeps things in perspective.

Most of Mr. Trump's alleged lies are just leftists saying that the truth is a lie.

The real presidential liar was Barack Obama.

"If you like your insurance plan you can keep it."

"I only forced people off from substandard insurance plans."
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:32 pm
@oralloy,
Actuallly those were for the most part true. The medinsurance companies produced a whole lot of substandard policies that looked good until you actually needed them, when they paid you ****. And 97% of policies were kept, as it turned out. That's two for Obama which were mostly true. As opposed to over 13000 for trump which are flat out false.

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Not a chance. Idiocy deserves to be shown up for what it is.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Actuallly those were for the most part true. The medinsurance companies produced a whole lot of substandard policies that looked good until you actually needed them, when they paid you ****. And 97% of policies were kept, as it turned out. That's two for Obama which were mostly true.

Wrong. Everything that Obama said was a lie. I'm living proof of it.

I had a plan that was far superior than anything that was ever on the Obamacare exchanges, and he forced me off from it. And then he lied and said that my superior plan was substandard.

I'm just lucky that progressives don't have as much power as their idol Stalin. Otherwise I'd be in a mass grave right now to keep me silent.

MontereyJack wrote:
As opposed to over 13000 for trump which are flat out false.

When progressives say that the truth isn't true, the truth remains true.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:56 pm
@oralloy,
Trumpss lies are documented
I remember the conservative a2k poster okie, who spent a year or so touting his private plan and its wonders, until he used it and discovered it had lifetime caps which he was just about to hit. He was honest enough to admit it before he disappeared from a2k forever. I've wondered if he hit the caps, couldn't get his expenses paid for, and it killed him.. private insurance companies are still in business offering plans. So you could still have it.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:57 pm
@oralloy,
And the truth is that trump lies.
oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 04:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
Calling the truth a lie doesn't change the reality that it is the truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 04:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Trump's lies are documented

Calling the truth a lie doesn't make it a lie.

MontereyJack wrote:
private insurance companies are still in business offering plans. So you could still have it.

No I can't. Barack Obama forced me off the plan despite it being far superior to anything offered on the exchanges.
layman

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2020 04:46 pm
Quote:
China has been promoting bear bile as a coronavirus treatment, upsetting wildlife activists.

The treatment is an injection called Tan Re Qing (TRQ), which is a traditional Chinese medicine formula. In addition to bear bile powder, the injection uses goat horn and dried fruit.

The injection can help to alleviate respiratory distress, particularly in cases of pneumonia and bronchitis. One of the major symptoms of the coronavirus is a dry cough and difficulty breathing.

Aron White, a wildlife campaigner of the Environmental Investigation Agency condemned the action taken by the Chinese government.

"EIA swants to see China’s ban extended to cover the use of threatened wildlife for any purpose, including in traditional medicine.

The particular bile used in TRQ comes from the Asiatic black bear, many of which die due to the unskilled removal of the gallbladder to harvest the bile.

Next thing ya know, they'll be demanding that humans willingly submit to the virus in order to give it temporary sustance until their host dies. No medicine allowed! We must save the Kung flu virus!

Candyass motherfuckers.
0 Replies