Brand X

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:11 pm
Michael Tracey
@mtracey
·
26m
Rachel Maddow was the undisputed Queen of amplifying "misinformation" as it related to the Trump/Russia saga. I know certain people would love to memory-hole that entire 3+ year ordeal in light of this new crisis, but not if I have anything to say about it
Quote Tweet

Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow
· 31m
Do not amplify misinformation.

If someone is consistently hyping snake-oil miracle cures, or making up stories about policies that aren't real, stop putting a camera or a mic on that person as a source for information in this crisis.

Rebut lies. Tell the truth. Cite sources.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:23 pm
Quote:
Stocks soar
The Dow Jones Industrial Average surged 1,770 points, or 9.5 percent, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite gained 8.6 percent and 7.4 percent, respectively.

The cheese-eaters are sure that this is all due to Joe Biden's accusation that Trump isn't doing enough. They know he will do more! In January of next year when he's inaugurated, they figure.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:43 pm
As far as politics go, it's a great boon for Trump that Schumer and Pelosi have forced their way back into the limelight by insisting that they will vote for no bill to help deal with the virus crisis unless the borders are opened, sanctuary cities are guaranteed funding, airlines are forced to cut carbon emissions by 50%, same day voter registration all over the country is required, all visas are extended, colleges are prevented from sharing information about illegals, obama phones are restored and $35 million is given to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

That's just part of what Pelosi is demanding in her 1400 page bill. She'll probably tell us that we have to vote for it to find out what's in it.

The American people surely appreciate her attempt to communize the country before they can get any help with the current crisis, doncha think?

layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:56 pm
@layman,
Quote:
"One of the reasons the Democrats think they will get away with this is they expect the media to be utterly complicit," Cruz added, noting that The New York Times conspicuously changed its headline three times Sunday evening to describe how Democrats had killed Republicans' stimulus bill.

The Times' first headline, "Democrats Block Action on $1.8 Trillion Stimulus," eventually became, "Partisan Divide Threatens Deal on Rescue Bill."
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:34 pm
@layman,
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTpGltiXmVtJiLQaEmKiGQ58tUFoBKkAfCAoPBXj68UAPzy3ttJ

If only Biden would pick Pelosi to be his VP the cheese-eaters would have their "dream ticket," eh?

With Cryin Chuck to be named Attorney General!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:47 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Obviously. Please get on that.
I think, my full-body condom is still somewhere. (Used it when I taught about HIV.)

But seriously: I was isolated as very young child during the poliomyelitis epidemic in our town, nearly died when being infected by the H2N2 virus ("Asian flu") weeks before my first communion - I do think, I'm well educated about all that since those days. (And thus all the academic education was for the degree.)
Brand X

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:14 pm
Brian Schwartz
@schwartzbCNBC
·
1h
NEW: Joe Biden's business allies have been encouraging him and his campaign who would be the best pick as his VP nominee. Those being pushed to him by Wall Street and Silicon Valley execs incl Sens. Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar & Catherine Cortez Masto.
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I think you probably are too, but your making light of someone wanting to sanitize something because it wasn't known to have been touched by someone known to have been infected wasn't funny or informed.

I will overlook it for a pic of you in a body condom.
layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:24 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Brian Schwartz
@schwartzbCNBC
·
1h
NEW: Joe Biden's business allies have been encouraging him and his campaign who would be the best pick as his VP nominee. Those being pushed to him by Wall Street and Silicon Valley execs incl Sens. Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar & Catherine Cortez Masto.

Who the hell is Masto? The dems need a big name candidate for VP. My suggestion:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSAM3N1J9oRiWe1poA3B8ljXOiB6ESIgz2hVTuXHdm02PdWtQo6
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:25 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I will overlook it for a pic of you in a body condom.
The archive of our local paper isn't free. Otherwise ...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:25 pm

I don't think you're trying, Walter.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:33 pm
@Lash,
I thought Walter was older.
layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:46 pm
Quote:
President Trump said Tuesday during a Fox News virtual townhall that he wants the country’s economy re-opened by Easter amid questions over how long people should stay home and businesses should remain closed to slow the spread of coronavirus.

"We lose thousands and thousands of people a year to the flu. We don't turn the country off,” Trump said during the interview.

Trump added: “We lose much more than that to automobile accidents. We don't call up the automobile companies and say stop making cars. We have to get back to work.”

When asked what he had to say about the elderly with pre-existing health frailities, Trump said: "**** those lame bastards."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:50 pm
@layman,
In Texas, they are least looking at any senior's price tag and only the cheap ones get fucked of.
layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I think employers should be required, by law, to give the spouses of those killed by the virus up to 4 hours off work (paid) to attend the funeral.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:03 pm
@layman,
She got more votes than trump did. remember that.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:04 pm
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Hey. Nobody looks old with a condom spreading out their wrinkles.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:28 pm
Fox News has reported that Hunter Biden has been offered positions, at exorbitant rates of pay, on the Board of Directors of more than 20 organizations, including Planned Parenthood, BLM, NAMBLA, Antifa, Moveon.org, La Raza, Greenpeace, PETA, Transvestites Anonymous, the ACLU, the International Communist Party, the Rainbow Coalition, Dykes on Bikes, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and others, if his father is elected President.

When asked about it, the younger Biden said: "Well, I know I said I wouldn't go that route again, but, looky here, that was before I was forced to pay child support to some skank-ass slut. I have a family to feed."
layman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:05 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Hunter Biden Leveraged Family Name For UCLA Professorship

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, touted his family name and political connections to pursue a major gig as a law professor at the University of California Los Angeles, according to emails reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Hunter Biden was pursuing a job at the university to teach a course on drug policy and identified a list of possible guest speakers with close ties to his leading 2020 presidential candidate father.

“In 2019, Hunter Biden inquired about the possibility of teaching a course as UCLA School of Law, and he and school leaders held preliminary conversations about the possibility,” said the law school’s communications executive director Bill Kisliuk in an email to the Caller.

In October, Joe Biden made it sound like it was a done deal telling reporters his son was “gonna be teaching at law school next year.”

In the end however, Biden will not be teaching at the university after failing to provide the school with additional plans for the prospective class.

“Biden subsequently did not submit further materials for the proposed course, which is a required step when the school is considering adding a course,” Kisliuk told the Caller.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/05/hunter-biden-leveraged-family-name-for-ucla-professorship/

"Drug policy," eh? Well, at least he does have some extensive experience in drug useage, unlike Burisma, ya know?

Quote:
In October, Joe Biden made it sound like it was a done deal telling reporters his son was “gonna be teaching at law school next year.

Joe forgets that he no longer has any political influence unless and until he gets elected, I guess. What's new? He forgets a lot of things. Like, for example, that he never talks to his son about his business.
0 Replies