coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:03 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
implicating Chinese people.

No, it does not, it identifies where the virus comes from. I know racism and oppression are all you got. People are bright enough not to blame anything on the Chinese people. Maybe you are not.
blatham

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:13 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
The Branco cartoon
I had to open a bunch of smelly graves to find that. I'm not familiar with this cartoonist but I won't be looking for his work. John Cornyn's recent remarks on Chinese food, a "culture where people eat bats and snakes and dogs and things like that" or any number of other comments from Republicans such as "they have calves like cantaloupes" or "****-hole countries" etc tell us that the right particularly is marked by xenophobia and that Trump pushes this notion regularly.
layman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:15 pm
Trump calling it the "chinese virus" is, in part, a reaction to Chinese state propaganda alleging the virus was developed in the USA and then surreptitiously imported to china.

You reap what you sow, eh?
layman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:21 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
a "culture where people eat bats and snakes and dogs and things like that"

Leave it to a cheese-eater to object to a factually true observation, eh?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:21 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Exactly what the NYT specializes in.

The stupid cartoon wasn't published in the NYT; are you trying to claim it was?
layman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:33 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

The stupid cartoon wasn't published in the NYT; are you trying to claim it was?

I don't think this one appeared in the NYT times either:

https://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2016/11/30/161201fpmccoy8203805787.jpg

No one would ever think or claim that it did. NYT don't specialize in truth, ya know?

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:33 pm
Rather relevant to the indictment of China by Trump and the cartoonist
Quote:
President Donald Trump loves to blame China for the coronavirus pandemic, but new information surfaced over the weekend that the administration eliminated a position last July that potentially could have helped the US get an earlier jump on a response to the crisis, suggesting the president may need to place blame a little closer to home.

The Trump administration told the United States’ embed at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the position would be defunded, causing her to leave her post in July 2019, according to a report from Reuters’s Marisa Taylor. The embed helped train Chinese pubic health experts and served in part as a liaison between Chinese officials and their counterparts in the US.
Vox

Not to mention the brainless tweets Trump wrote in January
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Jan 24
China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!
Sturgis

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:55 pm
@layman,
Quote:
...virus developed in U.S. ...imported to China.

Anything is possible. Have you forgotten how Woodrow Wilson found a way to ship death to Europe and then let the Spaniards take the blame?

Similar to that, the fuzz brains in charge down in the DC swamps never thought things through and failed to understand that at some point in time, the death which was so merrily sent, might be a-returning. And it may have!

(that is, if this was/is the case)
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 03:13 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
The Branco cartoon is retarded, by the way. The virus is already here, idiot, it's not seeping through some supposed "cordon sanitaire", and it's spread via airborne particles, not by contact with contaminated liquid escaping from a reservoir.

What!? It's NOT a liquid!? Who knew?

Your criticism of a symbolic cartoon on literal grounds is laughable.

Of course, a no-laffin cheese-eater would never grasp what is funny or ridiculous to begin with, so I don't expect you to understand that.

Btw, you don't have to ask me what I'm "implying." I'll just straight-up tell you. I'm saying your comments are ridiculous.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 03:27 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
are you trying to claim it was?

Nope.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 03:54 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Rather relevant to the indictment of China by Trump and the cartoonist
Quote:
President Donald Trump loves to blame China for the coronavirus pandemic, but new information surfaced over the weekend that the administration eliminated a position last July that potentially could have helped the US get an earlier jump on a response to the crisis, suggesting the president may need to place blame a little closer to home.

The Trump administration told the United States’ embed at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the position would be defunded, causing her to leave her post in July 2019, according to a report from Reuters’s Marisa Taylor. The embed helped train Chinese pubic health experts and served in part as a liaison between Chinese officials and their counterparts in the US.
Vox

Where are the fact check puppies eating the monkey **** flung at the wall? Or do they only fact check when it's not their monkey?

Everything Blatham wrote here is bullshit. I'm sorry, everything Blatham lifted from Vox. I shouldn't credit Blatham for someone else's bullshit.

blatham

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:02 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Everything Blatham wrote here is bullshit. I'm sorry, everything Blatham lifted from Vox.

What leads you to the claim this data is false?
blatham

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:08 pm
Winner of today's Now There's A Big ******* Surprise award. Congratulations!
Quote:
Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine

"A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate," one of the anti-malaria drugs that President Trump has mentioned in recent days, according to Banner Health, the hospital system that treated both patients.

Why it matters: People who self-medicate risk serious side effects or death, and it's why any messaging about chloroquine and the related hydroxychloroquine should emphasize that these drugs have not been approved to prevent or treat the new coronavirus.
Axios
McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:09 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

What leads you to the claim this data is false?

Well, let's start with the fact that the President neither funds, nor defunds anything. The House holds the power of the purse, remember?

Also, Factcheck says it's bullshit.

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:11 pm
@blatham,
Have the Darwin awards been renamed?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:11 pm
@blatham,
I think McGentrix sees "Vox" and then doesn't even bother to read the article. It's easier to discount anything he doesn't like — he's lazy that way.

Quote:
(...) the US and China have long collaborated on matters of public health. As part of that collaboration, China has allowed the US to embed a public health official in its CDC.

Until July 2019, that embed was Dr. Linda Quick, an epidemiologist. Quick led a program that trained Chinese epidemiologists in methods for discovering, tracking, researching, and containing diseases — like Covid-19.

She reportedly came back to the US after being told her position would be discontinued in September 2019 in part due to the ongoing trade war between the US and China, and chose to return early, in July.

Once she came back to the US, she was not replaced by the US or any other foreign government, leading to a series of events that Bao-Ping Zhu, who held Quick’s position during the Obama administration, told Reuters was “heartbreaking to watch.”

“If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster,” Zhu said.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:20 pm
@hightor,
So, you are under the impression that the CDC has one person in China? And that one person leaving means that the entire CDC in China became useless?
hightor

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Also, Factcheck says it's bullshit.

No it doesn't; Dr. Linda Quick is not even mentioned in the Factcheck article.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 04:49 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No it doesn't; Dr. Linda Quick is not even mentioned in the Factcheck article.

He is talking to Blatham about his claim. 4 posts back.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 05:12 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
implicating Chinese people.

No, it does not, it identifies where the virus comes from. I know racism and oppression are all you got. People are bright enough not to blame anything on the Chinese people. Maybe you are not.

Yes it does. If he wanted to identify where the virus came from he could have used a more locational term like "China virus." Saying "Chinese" implies Chinese people.

Don't be a racist.

Stop oppressing people.