Brand X

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 10:48 am
@hightor,
Well, here's a capsule of some of the contents in his video he released this morning.

Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)
@JoeBiden
· 2h
President Trump and Mitch McConnell are trying to put a corporate bailout ahead of families. It's simply wrong. We need to be focused on helping hardworking Americans, communities, and small businesses — not handing big corporations a blank check.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:01 am
@hightor,
Getting it right, like this, ya mean?

Quote:
On Jan. 21, the first confirmed case of COVID-19 was diagnosed in the United States. Just 10 days later, on Jan. 31, President Trump declared a public health emergency, implemented quarantines and announced a ban on travel to and from China.

On the very same day, Biden called the president’s response “hysterical xenophobia”, and “fear-mongering”.

blatham

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:09 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
"Kung-Flu" is a better name for it I heard recently.
At least there's some wit in that one.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:15 am
@layman,
https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/07-Cracking-Up-600.jpg
blatham

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:17 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Quote:
Never ever in my entire life have I HATED another human being as profoundly and deeply as I hate this monster.

Quote:
I don't care much for "quid pro quo Joe" either, but I wouldn't call him a monster. That's just rude.

"Monster" is very strong, for sure. So is "hate", particularly upper case "HATE". But there are cases where moral failure is so acute and the consequences so dire that those terms can be justly applied.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:27 am
@blatham,
Quote:
But there are cases where moral failure is so acute and the consequences so dire that those terms can be justly applied.

Sounds like a comment on your own posts.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:29 am
The GOP love of democracy in Mitch McConnell's state
Quote:
Kentucky GOP To Tighten Voter ID Law: Kentucky’s legislature passed a measure that would make the state’s photo voter ID requirement more strict, but reducing the types of IDs that can be used and the reasons a non-ID holder can cite in order to vote without showing one of the required forms. The bill is now on Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear’s desk, but even if he rejects it, the legislature is expected to override his veto. Observers were quick to note that lawmakers passed the restriction without taking any steps to address the crisis COVID-19 has created at the ballot box, and this new obstacle to voting is coming as the 2020 election is challenging enough for voters due to the coronavirus. Furthermore, Kentucky residents who need new IDs to vote under the proposal will face greater difficulties obtaining them due to the closure of county clerk offices prompted by the outbreak.
tpm
layman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:34 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

The GOP love of democracy in Mitch McConnell's state

Newsflash: Anyone who loves democracy condemns people voting multiple times under different ID's, dead people voting, aliens, whose allegiance is owed to other nations, etc. voting.
hightor

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:42 am
@blatham,
I don't recall anyone taking the slightest offense when Trump referred to the "monster" cruise ship when he was embarrassing himself at the CDC last week.

The Branco cartoon is retarded, by the way. The virus is already here, idiot, it's not seeping through some supposed "cordon sanitaire", and it's spread via airborne particles, not by contact with contaminated liquid escaping from a reservoir. At a time like this it would be more helpful to promote international cooperation instead of provoking suspicion and reactionary racism.

As bigots blame them for the coronavirus and President Trump labels it the “Chinese virus,” many Chinese-Americans say they are terrified of what could come next.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:43 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

You and Pompeo and other MAGATS should be referred to as Al-Cracka -
The Republican Al-Queda.

This sounds like a racist statement to me. Is that what you are inferring here Snood? Should I report your blatant racism to the mod team?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:50 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
This sounds like a racist statement to me.

Snood cannot make racist statements, his color makes it impossible for him to be a racist. Right? Shocked
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:06 pm
@coldjoint,
Are you missing some level of white privileges, cj?
layman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:09 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

As bigots blame them for the coronavirus and President Trump labels it the “Chinese virus,” many Chinese-Americans say they are terrified of what could come next.

Heh.

What cheese-eater aint "terrified" 24/7, I ask ya?
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:22 pm
@layman,
Those happen only in the fevered imagination of right wing zealots. Repeated examinations have shown they're not \a problem.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:26 pm
@layman,
You talking trash about our cheeseburger-gorging prez again?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Are you missing some level of white privileges, cj?

Me? Why? I do not believe in white privilege. I think it is another way to promote division and hate. Glad to see you are a fan.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:49 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Glad to see you are a fan.
Didn't they teach you the question-answer-sequence? Shocked
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Didn't they teach you the question-answer-sequence?

Who are "they" Walter? If you are having trouble understanding what I said just ask me.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:25 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
provoking suspicion and reactionary racism.

Exactly what the NYT specializes in.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:56 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/07-Cracking-Up-600.jpg

Branco's cartoon is deceptive. Trump didn't call it the "Whuan Chinese Virus;" he called it the "Chinese Virus," implicating Chinese people.