hightor

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:40 am
@layman,
You actually put your (fake) name to the final statement of this post? You actually display this as something which originated in your own mind? It's really one of the lowest things I've seen. Using terms like "cheese eater" and posting under a pseudonym doesn't exempt you from criticism. I imagine you're proud of yourself for thinking of crap like this and sharing it online. It's no wonder your (fake) name is a byword of scorn and opprobrium across this forum.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:45 am
@hightor,
I think his prediction of the likely progressive response is reasonable. Obviously the future is hard to predict, but it's just the sort of thing that one would expect of progressives.

His ID is not a byword for scorn or opprobrium to me. I welcome his posts.
snood

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I think his prediction of the likely progressive response is reasonable. Obviously the future is hard to predict, but it's just the sort of thing that one would expect of progressives.

His ID is not a byword for scorn or opprobrium to me. I welcome his posts.

Shocker. Pigs like slop, too.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:03 am

Michael Moore
@MMFlint
·
1h
A health care system run on greed, based solely on making a profit, is now guaranteed to kill millions of us. Still no masks, no gowns, no new ventilators or hospital beds. Nurses & doctors already stricken with the virus. What a way to bow out, America. We coulda been better.
blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:14 am
@Lash,
Quote:
A health care system run on greed, based solely on making a profit, is now guaranteed to kill millions of us. Still no masks, no gowns, no new ventilators or hospital beds. Nurses & doctors already stricken with the virus. What a way to bow out, America. We coulda been better.

Hardly a revelation, that.
blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:17 am
Here is what @NYCMayor says the city is in dire need of:
3 million N95 masks
50 million surgical masks
15,000 ventilators
25 million protective gowns

h/t NYMag
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:21 am
Right wing governments are just the best
Quote:
Israel's Coronoavirus Crisis Exposed a Starved Health System on the Verge of Collapse
Ha'aretz
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:24 am
@blatham,
If the need for M4A is such a no-brainer and healthcare for profit was business as usual in the US until Bernie pointed out how ridiculous it is, and further, since he’s the *only candidate to champion full unadulterated M4A*, why didn’t you support him to support M4A for Americans?
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:26 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Right wing governments are just the best
Quote:
Israel's Coronoavirus Crisis Exposed a Starved Health System on the Verge of Collapse
Ha'aretz

Right wing in the US includes Republicans and establishment democrats. Joe Biden promises to veto M4A even if the people push it through both houses.

Know your right wing.
blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:30 am
The reason homelessness and unemployment are now almost gone as social problems and that almost no one has to work multiple low wage jobs to get by is because trickle-down economics has worked just as promised. A raging success. All boats raised and sailing under blue skies. We should remember that.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:31 am
@Lash,
I promise to raise flying pigs once air becomes red and balloons become laughter.

If that seems incoherent/impossible, it would STILL be more coherent/possible than Bernie’s M4A plan passing both the House and the Senate during Biden’s 4/8 years.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:37 am
@Lash,
Quote:
M4A is such a no-brainer
Believing there is only one route to maximal citizen coverage and quality care at low cost is the place where thinking ends.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:41 am
@blatham,
There is only one acceptable outcome.

Your shifty rhetoric— like we heard from Buttigieg, Warren, Harris, etc— doesn’t fool people who have their eyes on the outcome.

Medicare for All.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:42 am
@maporsche,
It's important to minimize unnecessary bad blood on the left, even with Biden as the nominee.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:44 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

As usual, Oralloy posts egregious bullsh*t.

Pot, Kettle, you two know each other?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:49 am
Echoed in a Fox appearance, obviously.
Quote:
Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader
I hope Governor Newsom consulted with a lot of experts before he decided to shut down 12% of the nation's population.

Kevin has always been big on hearing from experts. That's a modern conservative strength.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:53 am
What the ******* ****?

Quote:
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle
· 1h
Americans need to know date certain when this will end. The uncertainty for businesses, parents and kids is just not sustainable.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:53 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I feel like you must still be drunk upon waking. Did you read my response? I had a whole paragraph (the very first one even) where I explained, clearly that my distaste for WHAT (not “who”) Sanders has done to the country is based on his actions and his words and the many things he’s done while campaigning.

You must be drunk writing because you did NOT speak of Bernie in that paragraph. You spoke of his surrogates, or his insufferable supporters who "flocked to his message online." But you did not mention his actions or his policies. And that's telling of a person who bases his opinion on hearsay and public perception rather than on facts.

Quote:
Who is Emmanuel Goldstein?

A character in 1984, the scapegoat. The populace is encouraged to hate him.
blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 06:57 am
Quote:
Kansas official: Pandemic isn’t a problem here because there are few Chinese people

...Usha Reddi, the mayor of Manhattan, Kansas, went to the meeting hoping that the commissioners would declare an emergency, which they ultimately did. But what she heard from the chairman, Republican Marvin Rodriguez, was this: “I’m paraphrasing, but he said we don’t have a problem here because Italy has a lot of Chinese people, and we don’t have that problem here.”
Link

It's impossible to infer what cable tv channel this person watches.
blatham

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 07:07 am
Quote:
Three more Senators reportedly sold significant shares in their personal stock portfolio shortly after receiving classified into about the ill effects of then looming coronavirus pandemic.

Republican Senators Ron Johnson, James Inhofe, and Democratic Senator Diane Feinstein all reportedly dumped stocks after being briefed about COVID-19 in a late January Senate Intelligence Committee meeting.
Mediaite
Not my favorite news source but little reason to discount this out of hand. There'll be lots more reporting on this as other cases rise to view.
0 Replies