Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 05:53 pm
One of your grandkids, huh? The resemblance is amazing.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:06 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
One of your grandkids, huh?

Why don't you follow the rules? Family is off limits.
Lash

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:15 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Either you're being intentionally disingenuous, or you have not been paying attention. Sofia Lash Goth (her various handles) has always hated the Clintons. When she initially became an alleged Sanders supporter, in 2016, she never mentioned any Sanders policy proposals, she just attacked Mrs. Clinton relentlessly. Trump having been elected, she dropped Sanders like a hot rock. In Bernie's thread about the splendid incompetence of Plump, she at one point said that Trump is her president and the Republicans are her party. She now claims that was a joke, but the context does not support that. I had a long conversation with her 16 or 17 years ago in which she described herself as a life-long conservative. That was also the time when she started a hate-filled anti-Clinton thread.

Eventually, the nickel dropped and she realized that Sanders would run again, so she got on the band wagon again. She has called me a coward (and spewed
hate at others who do not support Sanders), saying I would not debate the issues. I've told to name the issue, and stop name-calling. The name-calling, of course, continues and she had not named an issue she wants to discuss. All the poling suggests that Sanders would not have a chance against Trump, but Biden might. Now Lash is attacking Biden, and "Lashing" out in her inimitable style against Biden supporters, and promoting the "Bernie-or-bust" line, which would be disastrous for the Democratic party.

Either you're stupid (which I don't believe), or you think others are.

More unprovoked targeted harassment. Is targeted harassment still against TOS, or are we all free to attack each other and say whatever we please—because I have a lot I’d like to say.
Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:22 pm
Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders: democratic priorities in our budget.

Published December 6, 2017

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:27 pm
Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders break down the GOP tax plan.

Published on November 6, 2017

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:42 pm
@coldjoint,
You don't make rules for me, slick. Piss off.
Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:45 pm
@Lash,
Ha! You say it anyway. You've been name-calling forever. You paint a bulls-eye on yourself, and then whine about being targeted. That was an accurate description of how you have behaved since the 2016 primary season.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:51 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:

I did not make the rule. Here is a link for you.
https://able2know.org/rules/
layman

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:56 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I did not make the rule. Here is a link for you.
https://able2know.org/rules/

The rules don't apply to him, just like they don't apply to the Clintons and their homeys. Not when the rules are being "enforced" by his left-wing homeys, anyway.

Those "rules" only apply to their enemies.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 06:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Again, you don't make rules for me. You're the one claiming that family members are off limits. Apart from that, I didn't insult your grandchild, unless you allege that comparing someone to you on the basis of appearance is an insult.
maporsche

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 07:14 pm
@Olivier5,
I knew all I needed to know about Bernie Sanders when I learned of his policies, his campaign, the people he chose for his staff, the surrogates he allowed to speak for him, the endorsements he took, his methods and strategy, and his animosity towards the Democratic Party and to the voters who failed to be hoodwinked by his fairy tales.

I learned even more about the man when I saw those who flocked to his message online and in real life. I'm continuing to learn more about him and his message and the toxicity he puts into the world, through his supporters, like you. I'm learning more about him even now as I type this response.

I NEVER knew he was Jewish. I don't recall that ever coming up in his policy proposals or during any debates.

I am a hard-core atheist and have been for the better part of 25 years (you can see from my posts on A2K many years ago when I cared more about being loud and aggressive than I did about my personal mental health). All the candidates religiousness I find distasteful...but since they all are distasteful, they are all equally ignored by me...otherwise who would I vote for?

You're really reaching here; I'm be impressed with your reach if you weren't standing on a twig that was breaking under the weight of all your bullshit you're trying to dirty me with.

...but again, I'll be charitable and blame it on too much wine. I won't expect an apology when you wake up sober, but it would be nice.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 07:43 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Again, you don't make rules for me.

Again, I never said I did.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 09:06 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I’m just asking, where did all this [at the very least] resentment come from? It’s not healthy, it’s not rational either. There’s something there.

Other people's anger can often appear irrational. Or perhaps anger is always at some distance from rationality. But that "it" isn't anti-Semitism at work. Fran Lebowitz, for example, does not like Bernie.
snood

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 09:13 pm
I disliked Bernie long before I heard he was Jewish.
blatham

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 09:13 pm
Bernie Sanders, as a candidate, is now irrelevant. Sanders as an historical figure who has altered the trajectory of the Dem party is not. And Sanders as an actual or potential part of the left coalition continues to be relevant and important. I don't have much anxiety that he'll do the right thing.

The trolls and the bilious will keep at it for a while but **** 'em. They're not important, they're just noisy.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 09:25 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I disliked Bernie long before I heard he was Jewish.

That sounds like you have another reason.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 09:28 pm
@blatham,
Did he “do the right thing”, in your estimation, in 2016? Didn’t he hang on for more than a month after there was no possible route to the nomination? Do you think that helped or hurt the Dems?

I find your faith in Bernie’s good intentions a bit doe-eyed.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 11:36 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
If you see a repuke hating a dem, or a dem hating a repuke, well, that's to be expected in a way. Even if a repuke hates a repuke, that's also normal: like in the movies the real baddies have no sense of solidarity, they always fight one another, and that's why they always lose in the end...

You have everything backwards. The progressives are the bad guys.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 11:37 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I have never seen evidence at all of any anti-Semitism from anyone on the left here. Not a single instance.

Do you need a mirror?

Your false accusations against Israel are full-blown neonazism.

blatham wrote:
Anger towards Sanders is in some cases quite real but it has to do with a perception that his candidacy in both elections has had a divisive effect. Many folks believe that this was a component aspect of Hillary's loss and a Trump catastrophe. Whether correct or not, that's what you are picking up on. It isn't hate

That is incorrect. It is hate.

Progressives hate people who disagree with their demented ideology, even if the person who disagrees is a fellow progressive.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 11:39 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
1. That may not be true.
2. I and some others believe that Lash is actually a Trump supporter.

Nothing good comes from speculating over whether someone believes other than what they say they do.

This is for many reasons, but one of those reasons is because such speculation is almost inevitably wrong.

I advise just taking what people say at face value.

I personally strive for an ideal where my response to a post is exactly the same as it would be if there were no names on the posts and I didn't have any idea who it was that I was responding to.

You usually don't engage in personal attacks. I've always liked that about you, and I respect you a lot more than I do the name-callers because of it. But your suggestions that lash has a hidden agenda are veering close to personal attack territory in my opinion.
0 Replies