hightor

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:43 am
@Brand X,
It's going to be a long, long seven months til November. I think maybe I'll book a cruise.
Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:45 am
@hightor,
Your cruise will take longer because you'll be quarantined off shore for a while.
snood

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:45 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Back last June some of the Demorati were discussing on MSNBC whether Biden was up to the campaign or not because everyone knows he's not as coherent as he was a few years ago. It's no secret. There are montages of Biden's recent lapses, not merely gaffes, going around for a few weeks now before Team Trump ever started on it.

The issue to me is not whether he’s lost a couple of steps. Hell, who isn’t more prone to verbal slip ups at 75 than at 45? The issue should be, it seems to me, whether he has significant cognitive impairment. If you’re counting gaffes, our current pResident has had 10 times more.

I think Joe Biden knows his thinking has slowed down. But I also think he’s more prone to listen to good advice from good people. All of these things make him a thousand times better prospect for POTUS than what we’ve got.
Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:46 am
Here we go.

Caitlin Johnstone Hourglass with flowing sand
@caitoz
·
20h
Gaffelighting: Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix

Gaffelighting, noun.
Meaning: When narrative managers say obvious signs of serious mental deterioration are just innocuous “gaffes”.
E.g. “I know what dementia looks like, stop gaffelighting me.”
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:18 am
Quote:
Fact checker - Analysis
Unraveling three manipulated videos about Joe Biden

For the first time, Twitter applied its new “manipulated media” label — and the Trump campaign is not happy about it. White House social media director Dan Scavino posted the video, and it was later retweeted by President Trump. (He also quote tweeted the video and retweeted Scavino’s complaint that the video was not manipulated.) The video suggested that Biden had said in a rally, “Excuse me. We can only reelect President Trump.”

But despite the protests of the Trump campaign, this clearly is manipulated video. Last year, the Fact Checker unveiled our guide to manipulated video, which includes three broad categories: Some video is taken out of context; other content is deceptively edited; or, in the worst instances, deliberately altered...
WP
maporsche

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:29 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

More like 1000:1

Damn Regressives
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:29 am
From August, 2019

Quote:
As the New York Times reported on Friday, Obama has taken an active interest behind the scenes in Joe Biden’s presidential campaign—not, it seems, to help his former vice president beat out the rest of the crowded field of 2020 hopeful...

Obama counseled Biden several times before he entered the race in spring, the Times reported, and the former president “cast his doubts” about the pending campaign. “You don’t have to do this, Joe,” Obama told Biden, a source familiar with their conversations told the paper. “You really don’t.”

Biden entered the race as the early frontrunner, riding high on his name recognition and revered “Uncle Joe” reputation within the establishment. While he continues to lead in most polls, he’s also drawn frustration and concern over his frequent gaffes. His blunders, along with renewed scrutiny of his decades-long record in Washington, have not only allowed competitors like Elizabeth Warren to cut into his lead in polls, but may also be turning off some in his own party, particularly in the progressive wing.

His verbal flubs on the 2020 trail have reportedly even led some allies to suggest he curtail his campaign schedule. But just as he brushed off Obama’s concerns, it seems unlikely he’ll heed that advice.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/obama-cautioned-biden-about-running-for-president

You can lead a horse to water, but...
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:30 am
@snood,
I do cringe sometimes listening to Biden. I'd much rather Buttigieg or Warren, but Biden will do and I do think he will have a solid backup team.
engineer

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:39 am
Biden gets an endorsement from the Republican mayor of Michigan city.

Quote:
With Tuesday's Democratic primaries hours away, former Vice President Joe Biden has found an unexpected supporter in Sterling Heights, Michigan Mayor Michael Taylor, a Republican.

"Since announcing my endorsement of Joe Biden I have received an outpouring of encouraging messages and believe even more strongly that Joe Biden is the candidate who can defeat Donald Trump in Macomb County and the State of Michigan," Taylor said in a statement to Newsweek on Monday.

While Taylor, a life-long Republican, voted for President Donald Trump in 2016, he said he would cast his ballot for Biden this year because Trump is "deranged."

"I think Joe Biden is the candidate who can unify all of the Democrats and he's the candidate who can appeal to moderates and Republicans like me who don't want to see four more years of President Trump," Taylor said, according to the Chicago Tribune on Monday.

"I remember thinking this Trump thing is insane, but when it was down to him and Hillary, I kind of said, 'Well, you are a Republican, and yeah he's nuts, but maybe he'll get better and you know he's going to lower taxes," Taylor said. "I slowly talked myself into it. 'He can't seriously be this deranged once he gets in there,' and he's even more deranged now than I thought then. So, I take the blame. I voted for him."
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:42 am
The Democrat options now boil down to:

1. A senile crook,

2. A pipe-dreaming commie, and

3. Hillary waddling in and accepting the nomination at a brokered convention.

Good luck with that. Trump said in a recent interview that he knew a number of very capable Democrats and noted that it was hard to believe that these were the best candidates that the party could come up with.
blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:45 am
@engineer,
Quote:
but Biden will do and I do think he will have a solid backup team.

My thoughts here are that Biden's tenure as VP and his more resilient ideological stance are likely to bring in the sort of team that will be highly experienced and qualified to face what's ahead - not merely re the economy and the pandemic, but rebuilding government infrastructure decimated under the Republicans. And conversely I have trepidations about what sort of team Sanders might gather up precisely because of his more rigid ideology.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:57 am
@layman,
Oh, yeah, one choice I forgot:

4. Trump (pun intended) up a bogus charge and impeach and convict Trump before the election, thereby removing him from the ballot.

It will never work, but it still might be their best bet.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:09 am
WTF?
Quote:
Immigration court staff nationwide have been ordered by the Trump administration to take down all coronavirus posters from courtrooms and waiting areas.

The Executive Office for Immigration Review, which falls under the Department of Justice, told all judges and staff members in an email Monday that all coronavirus posters, which explain in English and Spanish how to prevent catching and spreading the virus, had to be removed immediately.

“This is just a reminder that immigration judges do not have the authority to post, or ask you to post, signage for their individual courtrooms or the waiting areas,” wrote Christopher A. Santoro, the country’s acting chief immigration judge in a mass email to immigration court administrators nationwide.

“Per our leadership, the CDC flyer is not authorized for posting in the immigration courts. If you see one (attached), please remove it. Thank you.”
Miami Herald
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:22 am
Quote:
John Harwood
@JohnJHarwood
· 17h
new Quinnipiac national poll on prospective Trump vs Biden matchup:

white men
Trump 58%, Biden 34%

everyone else
Biden 60%, Trump 32%

I am not a fan of my own gender.
layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:32 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I am not a fan of my own gender.

No problem. Just insist that everyone refer to you with the pronoun "she" henceforth.

They gotta do it. In New York, they can be fined $350,000 for disregarding your commands..
Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:35 am
Dem loyalists are deleting their 2019 tweets about Joe's deteriorating mental faculties, damage controlpalooza to stave off Trump's attack plan. Too late, the Dems need to own up to Joe's status, it's silly to try to run this end around campaign to make the opposition look like they're making things up.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:40 am
World's Great Mysteries, episode 13
Quote:
Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
· 13h
Hey, I wonder why @DrJillStein is trying to make a hashtag about Biden's mental health start trending. Eight tweets in a row raising the issue in one day.

It's a mystery, really.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:44 am
@Brand X,
Quote:
Your cruise will take longer because you'll be quarantined off shore for a while.

All part of the plan.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:44 am
@layman,
My bad, it's only a $250,000 fine:

Quote:
Not using transgender pronouns could get you fined

The Commission on Human Rights’ legal guidelines mandate that anyone who providing jobs or housing must use individuals’ preferred gender pronouns.

As the regulations, updated late last year, point out, some transgender individuals prefer to use pronouns other than he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Examples of less prominent pronouns that some transgender people may choose, according to the city, are: “ze,” which is the third person singular, such as he and she; and “hir,” which is the third person plural, similar to they.

Penalties of up to $250,000 can be imposed for violations that are deemed to be the result of malicious intent.

The Obama administration last week issued a decree mandating that every US public-school district allow transgender students to use the bathroom that matches their gender identities.

https://nypost.com/2016/05/19/city-issues-new-guidelines-on-transgender-pronouns/

Believe it or not, this aint fake news.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:45 am
Michael Moore
@MMFlint
·
20h
It’s a bitter pill to swallow—and many will not want to hear this—but when the Republican Michigan Governor poisoned the ppl of Flint in 2014, the Obama/Biden admin turned their backs on Flint. This resulted in record low turnout for Hillary in ‘16. I’m afraid many have given up