layman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:05 pm
Quote:
Treasury Department Turns Over Hunter Biden Financial Docs to Senate Republicans

The Treasury Department has granted a request from Senate Republicans for financial documents related to Hunter Biden’s relationship with a Ukrainian gas company, according to Senator Ron Wyden, the ranking Democrat on the Finance Committee, who criticized the move.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/treasury-department-grants-request-from-senate-republicans-for-hunter-biden-documents/

Quote:
Hunter Biden ignores deadline to submit financial documents in child support case

Ex-stripper, Lunden Alexis Roberts, 28, alleges Biden, 50, missed the March 1 deadline to submit discovery materials, including his source of income for the past over five years, an unredacted copy of his tax returns from 2017 and 2018, his phone number, address and the address of his 32-year-old wife, Melissa Cohen Biden. He also allegedly didn’t hand in a list of companies he owns and other financial documents.

The former vice president’s son has missed multiple deadlines and has skipped two court hearings. Judge Holly Meyers previously said she would dismiss previous contempt motions related “to the failure to produce documents of answer discovery” if Biden provided the information to Roberts by March 1.

Biden “has no respect for this court’s orders, the legal process in this state, or the needs of his child support,” wrote Roberts’ attorney, Clint Lancaster.

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/07/hunter-biden-ignores-deadline-to-submit-financial-documents-in-child-support-case/

Nice try, Hunter-boy. Ya can run, but you can't hide. The jig is up, sucker.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:12 pm
Quote:
Biden is living in the Hollywood Hills area of Los Angeles, pursuing painting while paying a $12,000-per-month lease on a three-bedroom home with his wife, The New York Times reported last week.

When he’s not working on a new canvas, he’s been spotted with his wife driving around Beverly Hills in his white Porsche Panamera.

No doubt sporting duds that are more fashionable the the orange jumpsuit he will soon be wearing, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:30 pm
When questioned about his profiting from his son's Burisma scam, Joey reportedly said:

"Do you know who you're dealing with, sonny-boy? My son is the attorney general of the United States and I'm running for Senator. Just who in the hell do you think you are?"
oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:41 pm
@layman,
https://cdn.creators.com/1054/263447/263447_image.jpg
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:41 pm
@layman,
Yeah, no matter what you bring up about Hunter Biden, nothing compares to the embarrassment and cringe-worthy moments of being a Trump child.

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:46 pm
@neptuneblue,
Let's have the FBI and IRS thoroughly check out the Bidens just to make sure.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:47 pm
Quote:
Sanders hires adviser who blamed America for 9/11, questioned bin Laden op, mocked Michelle Obama's looks

Bernie Sanders’ newest senior adviser has a history of incendiary comments that include placing blame on America for 9/11, disparaging Michelle Obama's appearance, and even describing the Obama administration's Usama bin Laden takedown as "choreography."

Sanders, I-Vt., over the weekend announced that Phillip Agnew, an artist and organizer, officially would be brought onto his Democratic presidential campaign. Agnew previously served the campaign as a national surrogate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-hires-senior-adviser

Agnew, eh? Now where have I heard that name before?

Quote:
“I am excited to welcome Phillip to our team,” Sanders, who is fighting to rebound after Super Tuesday losses to former Vice President Joe Biden, said in a statement Saturday.

That's our Burnie, sho nuff!
coldjoint

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:47 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
nothing compares to the embarrassment and cringe-worthy moments of being a Trump child.

Posting that is an embarrassment and is cringe-worthy. Confused
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 07:04 pm
@layman,
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2020/03/1862/1048/Phillip-Agnew-Getty-Images.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Not exactly a guy with the best credentials to criticize someone else's looks, eh?

Quote:
“Random thought while standing in Gas Station: Michelle Obama is an odd looking woman…I’d call her ugly but I don’t want the backlash…” he tweeted on Oct. 22, 2009

Agnew tweeted, again, on Dec. 10, 2009, saying: “Michelle Obama is just not pretty…I’ve tried to look at her from every angle possible.”

Again, on Jan. 10, 2010, Agnew posted: “#letsbehonest Michelle Obama is NOT an attractive woman. Intelligent, yes. Successful, yes. But pretty? Hell no!!!”.

Spoken like a hardore Bernie Bro, eh?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 07:04 pm
Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller
·
2h
Honestly political rallies need to stop. Bernie, Biden, Trump are being reckless.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 07:08 pm
@Brand X,

Matthew needs to buy himself a private bubble.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 08:06 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I own my vote.

1. Of course you own your vote.
2. No one said you didn't.

Quote:
I use it as I please.

1. Of course you use it as you please.
2. No one said you couldn't

Quote:
I think because of your vote harassment, I’ll vote Green again. Thanks!

1. I have no idea of what you mean when you say vote harassment.
2. If you want to vote Green again, that is your choice.
3. Both Bernie Sanders and AOC would obviously disagree with you, but it is still your choice and your right.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 09:33 pm
Oh man, Big Tuesday is upon us!!

I’m hoping that Biden’s Joementum continues tomorrow. Looks like a possible tie in Washington State and a possibly blowout in Michigan (though we remember what happened in 2016, so not too confident here).

If Bernie doesn’t perform well, what are the odds he calls it quits? 20:1?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 09:54 pm
@layman,
That's old news.

Anywho, Biden was merely testing the people at the gathering to find out how informed they might be.

...yeah, that's it. That sounds plausible. (well if a person has enough booze or hallucinogens in them it is!)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 09:58 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
...cringe-worthy moments of being a Trump child.

To you they seem that way. To others they might. Donny Jr., Ivanka and Eric don't likely share this view. (not sure about the two younger siblings as they stay clear of the spotlight)
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:04 am
You know the regressives have bailed out of a thread when the downvotes get less extreme.

This generally happens in two stages:

1. They stop making posts, but they silently "participate" by voting down the posts they have no real response to.

2. Then they make a full retreat to their "safe spaces" (threads where the participants largely agree with them).

It's a shame, and a definite sign of weakness, when the goal is to avoid, rather than confront, all opposing opinions and debate.

If the facts can't be easily distorted, then they must be ignored and treated as non-existent. So they just clear out and go back to where they can preach to the choir.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:17 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Oh man, Big Tuesday is upon us!!

I’m hoping that Biden’s Joementum continues tomorrow. Looks like a possible tie in Washington State and a possibly blowout in Michigan (though we remember what happened in 2016, so not too confident here).

If Bernie doesn’t perform well, what are the odds he calls it quits? 20:1?

More like 1000:1
hightor

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:08 am
@snood,
Quote:
More like 1000:1

Yeah, more likely that he'll double down on the cranky old man shtick; that'll keep him in the news and elements of his base will love it.

This is from the Tomasky article I posted an excerpt from yesterday:
Quote:
There is no harsher spotlight in the world than the one shone on major-party candidates for president of the United States, and he handled it with a skill that not everyone thrust into that position could. His critics—and I have been one, especially when I felt in 2016 that he attacked Clinton too viciously for too long, well after he was mathematically eliminated*—cannot deny him that. Whatever happens with this nominating process and election, he has gone from being an afterthought backbencher to a historical figure.

*I made precisely the same criticisms of Clinton herself in 2008, when she continued to run a negative race against Obama long after she had no mathematical chance. When that point is reached, I think candidates should continue to run to give their supporters in late-voting states a chance to vote for them, but they should refrain from harsh attacks on the person who is obviously going to be the nominee.

https://cdn.nybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/sanders_bernie-071819.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:30 am
Trump and GOP mount coordinated campaign to paint Biden as senile

Yes, of course they will. And a whole lot of Sanders supporters are helping out, Greenwald at the head of the pack.
Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:35 am
Back last June some of the Demorati were discussing on MSNBC whether Biden was up to the campaign or not because everyone knows he's not as coherent as he was a few years ago. It's no secret. There are montages of Biden's recent lapses, not merely gaffes, going around for a few weeks now before Team Trump ever started on it.