snood

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Lash wrote:
I remember seeing a performance, lo, a few months ago, wherein she persistently complained about his racism re bad attitudes about busing .
"I do not believe you are a racist. I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground. But I also believe, and it’s personal . . . it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on segregation of race in this country." Harris during a debate in June 2019

https://i.imgur.com/d7dsUrIl.jpg

Thanks Walter for countering Lash’s bullshit retooling of what Kamala actually said about Biden.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:28 am
Quote:
This Week
@ThisWeekABC
· 2h
Sen. Bernie Sanders on Super Tuesday results: "One of the things I was kind of not surprised by was the power of the establishment to force Amy Klobuchar, who had worked so hard, Pete Buttigieg who had really worked extremely hard as well out of the race." https://abcn.ws/2W1ezbr

This is nonsense, obviously They dropped out because there was insufficient support from the primary/caucus voters.

I don't get this. Does Bernie actually think this way? Has he conflated all criticism and all outcomes that don't go his way as necessarily manifestations of establishment maneuvers? Or is he forwarding this "me or the establishment" binary posture because he and/or advisers saw that Trump-style populism was the way to go?
hightor

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:29 am
@Lash,
Quote:
And anybody who falls for a change in rhetoric after a firestorm of criticism is stupid.

Okay, sister, have an upvote for International Women's Day!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:37 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
My brother Cornell...

Rolling Eyes

The Harvard professor is no more your "brother" than I am. "Ooh, a black guy, I get to call him my "brother!" — that is so affected.

Thank you hightor for calling out yet another layer of Lash’s bullshit. The tortured “woke” referring to Dr West as her “brother”. You have to remember, this is the same person who awhile back tried to defend her use of the n-word, saying that it was cool with her black students.

The bullshit runs deep and wide with this one.

snood

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:41 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
This Week
@ThisWeekABC
· 2h
Sen. Bernie Sanders on Super Tuesday results: "One of the things I was kind of not surprised by was the power of the establishment to force Amy Klobuchar, who had worked so hard, Pete Buttigieg who had really worked extremely hard as well out of the race." https://abcn.ws/2W1ezbr

This is nonsense, obviously They dropped out because there was insufficient support from the primary/caucus voters.

I don't get this. Does Bernie actually think this way? Has he conflated all criticism and all outcomes that don't go his way as necessarily manifestations of establishment maneuvers? Or is he forwarding this "me or the establishment" binary posture because he and/or advisers saw that Trump-style populism was the way to go?

What else has he got? He sees his time in the limelight coming to an end. Just like his more virulent supporters, he has to frame any disagreement or resistance to him as conspiratorial oppression.

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:42 am
@snood,
You hate Cornell because he called Obama out on his bullshit.

I love him. I’ve seen him three times, and I agree wholeheartedly with his philosophy—sans religious beliefs.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:46 am
@blatham,
Nina Turner.

If we thought Liz actually intended to fight for #M4A, she’d be the best choice, but she’s shown her hand.

There may be other lefty women of color who are dedicated to progressive principles that I am unaware of.

It will be someone dedicated to #M4A and likely a WOC.

Rashida?

Edit—considering his age, the Veep would have to have high-level administrative chops and badassery in spades.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:48 am
@snood,
Quote:
He sees his time in the limelight coming to an end. Just like his more virulent supporters, he has to frame any disagreement or resistance to him as conspiratorial oppression.
Easy enough to understand the disappointment as things seem to turn away from him and after all these years of work. It's a pretty common response for any candidate in the situation (eg Hillary). But I wish he wouldn't speak in that manner as it ends up as a species of misinformation.
Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:51 am
@blatham,
Centrists deny the establishment is at war with Bernie’s campaign. Progressives know it to be a fact.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:51 am
@Lash,
Thanks. I like Turner. That would be a wise move.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:52 am
Michael Tracey
@mtracey
·
1h
Wait: Justice Democrats is only *now* endorsing Bernie? The professional progressive activist class is such a joke
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 09:56 am
@Setanta,
I will return in kind.
Since at every turn, you say I’m dishonest about everything I say, why in the **** would I waste my time with you?
Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:00 am
@Lash,
Translation: I can't back up my hateful name-calling, so I'll just weasel out with this lame cop-out. Name the issue; stop calling names.
revelette3

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:01 am
Sanders versus Biden on Social Security: a guide to the claims
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:02 am
@Setanta,
Recant your lies about me. Don’t be a coward.
revelette3

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:08 am
@blatham,
Actually, he started the "me and the establishment" meme way back at the beginning of 2016 when he started losing some primary states to Hillary. Hippie stuff, and a bad attempt at it to boot.
layman

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:12 am
Lash is the ultimate type of apostate to the dogmatic left-wing ideologues.

As a liberal/progressive, she has the audacity to engage in independent thought. That aint allowed.

Hence she is a closet republican, per the likes of Sedentary.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:13 am
@revelette3,
The consensus for Clinton must have looked rather formidable to him. It might be understandable that he'd begin to conflate everything into a singular entity.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:15 am
Quote:
Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
· 13h
They care about one thing; the president’s re-election. And they think that depends on the economy. And so they want to pretend there’s nothing going on so it doesn’t hurt GDP. It’s sociopathic and dangerous. https://twitter.com/AP/status/1236476457494417408

It is encouraging to see more and more people not shying away from this apt descriptor for Trump.
Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:17 am
@blatham,
He got into 2016 for the sole purpose of pulling Hillary Kissinger Clinton a little left and was gobsmacked that a movement grew around him. He’d asked Warren to do it but she was afraid to cross Clinton.

You know. Just in case one person here is interested in facts.