oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 08:26 am
@hightor,
It usually works out that way for a reason.

It'll probably work out that way this time as well.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 08:31 am
Quote:
Shaun King
@shaunking
· 15h
BREAKING: @MSNBC & @maddow just reported that multiple “senior officials” within the Democratic Party are interfering with the primaries to stop @BernieSanders.

They reported that the party has asked Bloomberg to drop out so that Biden would have an easier time against Bernie.

Quote:
Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow
What?

No. I didn’t report any such thing.

A straight up lie from a pro-Sanders troll.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 08:44 am
And again, the GOP Chairwoman plays the "let's get Dems hating each other" game
Quote:
Ronna McDaniel
@GOPChairwoman
· 1h
The Democrats’ primary process lets elite delegates to put their thumb on the scale.

If you find yourself echoing this stuff, know who you are helping.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 08:46 am
In a tweet linking the anti-dairy protesters last night...

Quote:
Paul Krugman
@paulkrugman
Cursed are the cheesemakers. Sorry, couldn't help myself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 08:50 am
@hightor,
Annoying, rater. I am surprised at how difficult it can be to agree on the most obvious points sometimes, as if somehow the truth was offensive...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 08:51 am
@blatham,
That tugboat is called "logic", and it's a bitch.
engineer

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:00 am
@blatham,
It's probably a Sanders positive. His followers are passionate and he inspires that. I think that blinds them to the belief that others' followers might also be passionate about their candidate or if not passionate, comfortable that that person would be a good President. They might be playing a political calculation but they also might really like their candidate.
blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:01 am
@Olivier5,
I have no urge at all to wage war with you on this. You're a good guy.
blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:05 am
@engineer,
A positive and a negative, as you go on to describe.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:06 am
@blatham,
Interestingly, Warren responded to the Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and O'Rourke endorsements saying:

Senator Warren wrote:
No matter how many Washington insiders tell you to support him, nominating a fellow Washington insider will not meet this moment

I guess Klobuchar might qualify but kind of hard to paint the other two has "Washington insiders". (Yes, O'Rourke did serve six years in the House, two less than Warren has been in the Senate.)
revelette3

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:12 am
I was reading 538 chat last night until well past my bedtime. Finally, put the computer down. Biden had a good night last night. It's going to get ugly again now it seems to be more a two-man race. The "establishment" aka The Democratic Party, came out to help Biden and it has paid off. I don't deny I am glad. I don't want Sanders to win the Democratic primary nomination. Just being honest.

The LA Times has a takeaway piece out which in my opinion is worth the read.

Five Takeaways From Super Tuesday
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:12 am
@engineer,
Yes. That's odd. Not like her, it seems to me. Perhaps there's some aspect in here that's voiced in the following tweet:
Quote:
Xeni Jardin
@xeni
I want my non women friends to look at Elizabeth Warren’s trajectory and understand how ******* exhausted I am, every woman is, today. Exhausted. Climb every mountain, there’ll be a white man there already who took the lift, and gets the prize.

This is a sentiment I feel very deeply.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:13 am
@blatham,
Interesting take on Warren voters, their second choice is not necessarily Sanders.

Quote:
Many Warren supporters would go to Sanders, but not all of them. According to Morning Consult, Sanders is the second choice for 40 percent of Warren backers, but Biden and Buttigieg would pick up 16 percent of her supporters, and Klobuchar 12 percent. With Buttigieg and Klobuchar out of the race, Biden could very well be their next choice.

If Sanders really wanted a progressive candidate, he could really, really upend the race by dropping out and supporting Warren. That would be amazing.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:20 am
@blatham,
Thanks. IMO, disagreeing with people should not necessarily be seen as "war". It's not where I come from anyway.

Discussing with folks who always agree with everything you say is not very exciting and you learn nothing in the process. In order to learn anything new, one has to open up to the possibility that the other guy is right...

It doesn't hurt as much as it sounds. :-)
blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:23 am
@Olivier5,
Let me rephrase... "skirmish".
blatham

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:25 am
@engineer,
Interesting idea. Perhaps there's a parallel universe where that happens. If so, I'd take the current risks associated with travel to get to it.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:29 am
@engineer,
I don't see Bernie supporters going along with that plan.
revelette3

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:33 am
@Brand X,
Me either just going by reading Lash's posts about her, they would have a conniption fit.

But it would be very interesting. Oddly, a lot of moderate voters seem disposed towards Warren even though she really is a Progressive. So I can see engineers' point.
engineer

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:35 am
@Brand X,
Well, it's a crazy scenario anyway, but if Sanders really got behind it and sold it, I think it's not a big stretch for them to move to Warren. Warren has many of the same policies and a record in the Senate of actually pushing bills that support their agenda (although the obstructionist Senate hasn't moved any of them.)
Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:46 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Let me rephrase... "skirmish".

I don't mind skirmishes. I also think you're a good guy. I don't want you to grow complacent though. Once in a while I "fire a shot" at you, when I see you erring. No harm intended.