ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 04:42 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
Might order some mask by the bulk for me and my family before voting day.

don't .

Quote:
U.S. Surgeon General
@Surgeon_General

Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!

They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!

Quote:

@Surgeon_General
The best way to protect yourself and your community is with everyday preventive actions, like staying home when you are sick and washing hands with soap and water, to help slow the spread of respiratory illness.
Get your #FluShot- fewer flu patients = more resources for
#COVID19

staying home, washing hands?

do the quiz

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/quiz-which-candidate-agrees-with-me/
blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 04:43 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
It is stupid to quake with fearfulness about what the GOP will say about Bernie.

Such rhetorical gimmicks almost always are accompanied by a lack of thoughtfulness or worthy argumentation. I find them worthwhile only as an indicator of who not to bother attending to.
Lash

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 04:45 pm
@blatham,
Yet, you are living up my ass.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 04:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Good post. Thanks.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 04:59 pm
Today, Trump said
Quote:
"We have taken the most aggressive measures of any country"

This is utterly false. It's not close to being true. How can a nation count on someone who spreads such misinformation in a situation as serious as this?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 05:11 pm
Quote:
President Trump misidentified the nation’s first coronavirus fatality as a “wonderful woman” on Saturday — the victim, in fact, was a man who became ill while in a long-term care facility in Kirkland, Washington, officials said.
Link

In the heat of things right now, one can excuse the error. But there's no excuse for the adjective "wonderful". He obviously knows nothing about the person but just pretends to know and care.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 05:21 pm
I posted earlier (here or on the other thread) that I am pleased with what seems a positive move in the middle east by the Trump administration re negotiations/agreements with the Taliban and the removal or reduction of troops. But as a reminder...
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· Jan 13, 2012
While @BarackObama is slashing the military, he is also negotiating with our sworn enemy the Taliban--who facilitated 9/11.

I've just been reminded of Obama's deal to rlease five Taliban to gain the release of Bowe Bergdahl and the GOP went bananas.

Trump's deal releases 5000 Taliban prisoners.
The intra-Afghan talks will be launched with a prisoner release, according to Saturday’s deal. The Taliban will have 5,000 prisoners released, while the Afghan government side will have 1,000. Remaining prisoners will be released in three months.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 05:25 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
he is also negotiating with our sworn enemy the Taliban

At least Trump knows what an enemy is. It is his turn now to do the negotiating.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 05:33 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Disgusting anti-Democratic opinion.

No doubt. But I think it's the job of the disgusting Democratic Party to get the vote out, not of the understaffed polling stations.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 05:35 pm
A good, perhaps critical, question to ask oneself now, Which Dem candidate would you most trust to deal with this virus outbreak most effectively? Who would immediately seek out the best people, educate himself/herself with dedication, move with an appropriate sense of urgency and speak with clarity and honesty to staff and to the public?
georgeob1

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:08 pm
@ehBeth,
It's difficult to rationalize the apparent contradictions in the several Surgeon Generals' statements you quoted. If face masks are not effective protections for healthy people, why are they so desperately needed for sick ones (presumably to protect others) ?
blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:10 pm
Quote:
Oliver Willis
@owillis
Feb 28
Trump's chief economic advisor Larry Kudlow says that since Trump became president people think "it's cool to work" and that its a "complete change" from the last "15 or 20 years" when people thought it was "cool" to "go on government assistance." [and Ivanka Trump agrees.]

My god. This is dreamland. More correctly, it is baseless propaganda. Trump has somehow magically inspired the work ethic previously absent? What evidentiary basis is there for such a claim?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:10 pm
@blatham,
It’s a good question. It would be an even better question if it wasn’t the case that people vote more with their hearts than their heads.

In other news, they called SC at close of polls for Biden. This vaults him into second place with delegate count (about 35 to Bernie’s 45) going into Super Tuesday.
blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:15 pm
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· Oct 15, 2014
President Obama has a personal responsibility to visit & embrace all people in the US who contract Ebola!

Please make it stop.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
It would be an even better question if it wasn’t the case that people vote more with their hearts than their heads.

I know. But we can only get anywhere worthwhile by reaching past our reptilian brains. And we can do this. It's where the good stuff comes from.
blatham

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:21 pm
Quote:
Judd Legum
@JuddLegum
UPDATE: Mike Pence will now appear on 3 Sunday shows (NBC, CNN, Fox Business)

Fauci is not scheduled to appear at all. https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1233493760589336577

This is how the soviets behaved. It's a key part of the horrible Chernobyl story and many, many others like it. Come on, America. Do better. Please.
snood

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:28 pm
@blatham,
There’s an ongoing discussion/argument among Democrats about where our proselytizing efforts are best spent. I side with those who say abandon hope of trying to flip Trump voters, and concentrate on bringing out the base.

If we could get just 10% more eligible voters to actually get off their asses we could generate a genuine landslide,
ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:38 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
If face masks are not effective protections for healthy people, why are they so desperately needed for sick ones (presumably to protect others) ?

correct.

the patients are to wear them. not healthy people. the masks don't protect healthy people unless they are worn by the infected people

georgeob1

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:40 pm
@blatham,
The facts are not with you here. Our action to limit travel and entry was swift and more effective than evidently was that of other countries including South Korea, Iran, and Italy. We do have a problem in that the manufacture of many types of medical equipment and many generic drugs and medicine have been outsourced to China, leaving us without needed domestic production capability - very much as in President Trump's earlier concerns about steel and manufacturing. Comparison of the response to the current event with those of previous administrations involving the SARs and H1N1 epidemics reveals the same struggles to develop tests and vaccines ahead of the rate of transmission of the disease.

Schumer and Pelosi are merely continuing the same compulsive narrative that they have been doing since Trump's election. It has so far come at the direct expense of their Legislative duties , which were the main casualty of their all consuming hatreds, along with the absence of any mainstream Democrat political agenda. This I believe indirectly created the opening for the new far left movement in the Party that may put Sanders in a commanding position for the nomination, and destroy any chance they might have had to retain control of the House and take the Presidency.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:46 pm
Quote:
#SouthCarolina Exit Polls, Among Black Voters:
Biden 60%
Sanders 17%
Steyer 14%
0 Replies