revelette3

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 11:11 am
@oralloy,
Oh, regardless of all else, you seem knowledgable on technical issues like that.

Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea to let it go extinct. Or at least put in a function of who gave the thumbs up or thumb down like they do in other forums.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 11:46 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I've been away for a few days, is it only related to me, or has the thumbs up or down function become extinct?

Guess maybe I used it once too often, perhaps.

The only time I’ve used that function is when I wanted to stop certain threads from being visible under ‘My Posts’. It just never occurs to me to try to thumb up or down individual posts to- what? - affect their popularity?
Anyway, I don’t use it, and really don’t get why others do.
revelette3

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 12:28 pm
@snood,
Not speaking for anyone else, when I use it, mostly it is just to express either my frustration or approval of a post without having to post it in words.

Probably just better to leave the ones which disgust you and express "word" or something like that on the ones you really approve of. Be an awful lot of short posts with "word" in it or unexpressed frustration for the downvotes.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 01:12 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ER4pYruXYAIacwr?format=jpg&name=small
coldjoint

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 01:23 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
4) No recruiting

Don't post submissions asking readers to make a donation, sign a petition, spread the word about a crowdfunding campaign, join a website, or take part in a survey.

Just saying. I wonder if this will be removed.
https://able2know.org/rules/
Brand X

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 01:31 pm
@coldjoint,
It isn't an ad, it's a post of information about what's going on in the campaigns.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 01:34 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
It isn't an ad, it's a post of information about what's going on in the campaigns.

"Add your $27" looks like the post asking for a donation. A link to do that is there. If I am wrong, I am wrong.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 02:15 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Biden/Harris is trending on Twitter. Thoughts?

Concern in the Biden camp, pushing to attract voters?

I find it annoying when candidates put this sort of thing out. Wait until the nomination is secured. Then horrify with an unexpected selection. Remember when George gave us Quayle? McCain rolled out Palin?

When I read of Bloomberg having approached Andrew Yang as a VP pick, my eyes rolled and my stomach growled (and not in a good way).

HEY, candidates, tell me your policy ideas. That is what I need to learn about.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 04:04 pm
What if any does anybody think of Rank Choice Voting? It seems they have tried it in a few places and it turned out well.

The Primaries Are Just Dumb
coldjoint

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 04:08 pm
@revelette3,

Quote:
What if any does anybody think of Rank Choice Voting?

Just another way to manipulate results.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 04:36 pm
@snood,
#chihuahua_kink is trending on Instagram. Thoughts?
snood

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 04:44 pm
@Olivier5,
My thoughts are that:
1)a potential Biden/Harris partnership is relevant to this thread, and
2)you are an ass
blatham

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:19 pm
Let's help Putin do his thing
Quote:
The Hill
@thehill
· 31m
Tulsi Gabbard: "Presidential candidates must also condemn election interference by US intelligence agencies" (@TheHillOpinion) http://hill.cm/bkh9oBJ
coldjoint

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:26 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
must also condemn election interference by US intelligence agencies

She knows what they did in 2016 election. She is right.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:52 pm
More kind-hearted support for Bernie supporters.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 4h
The Dems are working hard to take the prized nomination away from Bernie. Back room politics, which Bernie is not very good at. His people will not let it happen again!

It's justice and fairness on his mind, as it was last week with Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she tweeted the same thing.

coldjoint

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:55 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
It's justice and fairness on his mind, as it was last week with Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she tweeted the same thing.

You should not complain about someone's originality.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 08:36 pm
The coronavirus will prove the necessity for universal healthcare.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 11:47 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
What if any does anybody think of Rank Choice Voting?

I have no objection to it. But I have no objection to the current system either.

When I ask people who object to the current system what is bad about it, they never seem to have a good answer.

But it doesn't matter much either way. It's just a different way of tallying the votes. So if people succeed in changing the system I won't have any problem with it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 03:06 am
@snood,
This thread is about progressives. Not sure Biden and Harris qualify as such. But that's not my point. My point is that what people talk about on social media tends to stray quite far from reality into the wild hypothetical or even the deranged, and should not amount to 'news'. What's trending on Facebook or Whatsap is irrelevent to the discussions we're having here.

If you want to talk about what folks on Twitter talk about, go to Twitter... And if you want to say that you would welcome a Biden-Harris ticket, say so. No need to refer to what some unknown folks are discussing on some other platform.
Lash

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 08:46 am
https://youtu.be/HbCE425Z0-8

Why vote for Bernie?—featuring JFK, FDR & truth.
0 Replies