snood

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 11:22 pm
Biden/Harris is trending on Twitter. Thoughts?
oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2020 11:30 pm
@snood,
Biden derives sadistic pleasure from violating people's civil liberties, so no to any ticket that includes him.

I don't know much about Harris.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 01:46 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

If I cared about Twitter, I would be posting there and not here.
snood

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 02:00 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

snood wrote:

And you always accuse others of creating petty conflicts. No one cares where you prefer to do your social media posts. If you don’t have any thoughts on a Biden/Harris teamup, just pass on responding.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 03:18 am
@snood,
Tell you what. I'll go on Twitter to tell them what's trending on a2k. See if they care.
blatham

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 05:10 am
@snood,
Quote:
You know what’s weird? The Bernie faithful resist any talk that’s dubious of the sincerity of all these Republican well-wishers.

They either actually believe the GOP is really advocating fairness in the election, or their brittle defensiveness about Bernie just won’t tolerate the notion that the republicans think Bernie could be easily beaten.

I think they put it out of mind instantly. Some things are too hot to touch. The human mind can only take so much. You can't win with a losing hand.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 05:14 am
@snood,
Quote:

Definitely possible. Surely a woman. Surely a lot younger. Almost certainly someone not white. Stacy Abrams another possibility.

0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 05:20 am
It's still on Warren's web site that she won't take money from PAC's

https://facts.elizabethwarren.com/the-best-president-money-cant-buy/
Lash

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 05:53 am
@Brand X,
Just more proof what a liar she is. Prolific, expedient and absolutely amoral. Shes’s the last gasp of the corrupt system.

It was probably Bloomberg’s money.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 05:58 am

Waleed Shahid
@_waleedshahid
·
Sep 27, 2018
The old America is dying.

A new America is struggling to be born.

Now is a time of monsters.

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:02 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/waleedshahid/why-msnbc-cant-comprehend-bernie-sanders

Opinion: Why Pundits Can't Comprehend Bernie Sanders
It's the last gasp of a political elite that’s been radically out of touch with the lives of normal people for most of the 21st century.

If you were watching cable TV on the night of the Nevada caucuses, you might have heard Chris Matthews compare Bernie Sanders’ electoral victory there to the rise of the Third Reich. While Matthews has since apologized, it was an astounding and unconscionable moment: one of the country’s most prominent political commentators disparaging the campaign of a man who could very well be America’s first Jewish president. And it revealed something powerful.

A few hours earlier, one of America’s most celebrated Democratic strategists, James Carville, went on air to say the winners in Nevada were Sanders and Vladimir Putin. As I watched, I realized these weren’t just random or offhand comments; they’re the last gasp of a political elite that’s been radically out of touch with the lives of normal people for most of the 21st century, increasingly inept at explaining the enormous pain and discontent felt by the working- and middle-class voters who make up the base of the Democratic Party.

To put it another way, a generational transition is happening in the Democratic Party — and it’s clear that many of its current leaders and talking heads don’t understand why.

ADVERTISEMENT

From my perspective, the reason a party stalwart representing the last half-century of Democratic politics is losing to an independent, anti-establishment outsider is pretty straightforward. After all, millions of Americans are suffering from the consequences of a generation’s worth of bad decisions made by the political establishment, both Democratic and Republican. The communities torn apart by deportations, those jailed by the rise of mass incarceration, the families reeling from the toll of the war in Iraq, young people trying to live their lives under the yoke of crushing student debt, and everyone suffering from skyrocketing inequality after the financial crisis now simply understand that these crises required the willing complicity of leaders in both parties, including even prominent Democrats like Joe Biden.

The actual problems facing Americans have gotten really bad, and people rightly blame consultants and elected officials, both Democrats and Republicans, for bringing our society to the brink.

Simply put, this is why people are drawn to Bernie. They’re looking for new leaders who either didn’t contribute to those crises or — even better — have spent their entire careers opposing the policies that led to them. They are looking for leaders whose solutions actually scale up to the problems facing our society, because they understand there’s an entire generation of politicians who were on the wrong side of some of the defining fights of our lives, and Joe Biden embodies them.

And yet, it’s clear that few of the people you see discussing politics on cable TV understand that. They insist Biden’s poor showing has been the fault of lackluster debate performances. Just as they failed to understand Trump’s rise, they fail to see that their theories have been discredited. And they’ve all but called Democratic voters stupid, because these talking heads are unable to grapple with the obvious: Sanders is winning by speaking to the hopes and fears of a rising generation of Democrats who look and think a lot more like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez than Joe Biden...

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 06:07 am

Lowell the Berner
@lowetze1
·
10h
Is that "affordable" as defined by the average worker or by a $100 millionaire like Nancy Pelosi?
Quote Tweet

ABC News
@ABC
· 19h
Speaker Nancy Pelosi says any coronavirus vaccine should be "affordable."

"This would be a vaccine that is developed with taxpayer dollars...We think that should be available to everyone—not dependent on 'Big Pharma.'" https://abcn.ws/385vzQ2
————————————

The coronavirus is about to convince a hell of a lot of people that healthcare should be a human right than survival of the fittest. Of course, millionaires in congress and media have what they need but they live in a world with waitresses, teachers if their children, cabbies, doormen, and mailcarriers WHO DON’T.

Think about it.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 07:24 am
David Brooks
@nytdavidbrooks
· 12h
I’ve just watched populism destroy traditional conservatism in the G.O.P. I’m here to tell you that Bernie Sanders is not a liberal Democrat. He’s what replaces liberal Democrats
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 08:03 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Tell you what. I'll go on Twitter to tell them what's trending on a2k. See if they care.

They won’t. We won’t. And you will have intentionally missed the point to prove you’re an ass. But have at it.
blatham

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 08:12 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Quote:
snood wrote:

Unnecessary response. The question asked is entirely relevant.

As to twitter, given that one carefully curates his/her feed, some of the very best minds become visible and readily available. It is for me and many others an invaluable tool for learning. Regarding "trending", that obviously has some, if limited, value in the manner of what search terms google finds are rising to the top. For example, it is worth knowing the frequency of the search term "corona beer virus" which is now spiking. Sure, it's depressing but it has value as knowledge.
snood

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 08:20 am
@blatham,
Besides, A2K and Twitter are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to post both places.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 08:20 am
@revelette3,
US can be US so long US knows what US wants to be...
As for Bernie the populist and Bernie the extremist, here:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 08:29 am
@snood,
Quote:
Besides, A2K and Twitter are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to post both places.
Indeed. And I have other outlets where I can gift my glowing thoughts as well. (cue applause). Thank you. Thank you very much.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 10:59 am
I've been away for a few days, is it only related to me, or has the thumbs up or down function become extinct?

Guess maybe I used it once too often, perhaps.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2020 11:05 am
@revelette3,
It's a temporary glitch that strikes for a few hours every now and then.

When it happens you can still thumb posts up or down if you click in the spot where the missing thumb graphic is supposed to appear.