hightor

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:13 am
@oralloy,
Except I'm not a progressive.

I seldom see you even resorting to a fact, let alone a swarm of them. But if you wish to turn this into a discussion about you and your ineffectiveness as a communicator you'll need to step up your game. I suggest printing all your responses in CAPS and using an editing app which will filter out repetitive statements, like references to your alleged IQ.

Good-bye.
blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:15 am
An example of how a potential pandemic can cause economic and social turmoil
Quote:
Coronavirus Spreads to Soccer’s Schedule, Closing Stadiums and Stranding Teams
Inter Milan will play its Europa League home game on Thursday without spectators. In China, South Korea and Japan, domestic leagues are not playing games at all.
NYT
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:17 am
@blatham,
Grrr....the coverage in the NYT was pretty negative. Apparently there's no overseeing authority that can fashion a method of choosing candidates to run for office. Attracting a large audience seems to be the only goal.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:26 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Except I'm not a progressive.

Oh? What are you then?

hightor wrote:
I seldom see you even resorting to a fact, let alone a swarm of them.

Sure you do. You just dislike those facts, so you childishly pretend that I didn't post any facts. Childishness and progressivism go hand-in-hand.

Here's a fact: The reason why progressives try to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is because progressives get sadistic enjoyment out of violating people's civil liberties.

hightor wrote:
But if you wish to turn this into a discussion about you and your ineffectiveness as a communicator you'll need to step up your game.

You cannot provide any examples of me failing to communicate clearly.

Note that examples of progressives refusing to accept reality do not mean that I didn't clearly present facts.

hightor wrote:
I suggest printing all your responses in CAPS and using an editing app which will filter out repetitive statements, like references to your alleged IQ.

No thank you. You are free to do this with your own posts if you like however.

hightor wrote:
Good-bye.

I'll be ready with more facts whenever you decide to return.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:28 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Attracting a large audience seems to be the only goal.
For sure, though that would be a good thing if the proceedings were done differently.

As I watched (for about 30-45 minutes, off and on) I was attending to my twitter feed. Hardly anyone was pleased with how it was being done. The audience was hooting and booing loudly, for example, with many clearly there to yell for Bloomberg. There was mention that ticket prices were well over a thousand dollars but that may or may not be correct. The candidates were very poorly controlled (taking more time than allotted and yelling over each other) and questions often, in the views of most people I follow, silly. It didn't get as bad as the GOP debate where Trump and Rubio made penis size insults at each other but that's not much of a bar.

It was infuriating.
Lash

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:28 am
The CBS ‘debate’ was an eye-opening shitshow.

The biggest thing to come out of it was Bloomberg’s slip that he’d ‘bought’ several democrat lawmakers. The more he talks, the more I’m convinced that his entrance in the race is little more than a dick measuring contest with Trump.

He’s a worse person than Trump—racism and sexism-wise — hands down.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:29 am
@Lash,
Sanders' neonazi ranting against Israel was pretty appalling.

I didn't bother to watch the debate of course. But I did read this article about the debacle.

https://apnews.com/d6057383adc1cff179f799bd521adb74
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:35 am
Here's a point I was trying to make yesterday regarding how Trump's regular (and empty) boasts about how the stock market was a consequence of anything/everything he'd been doing.
Quote:
Coronavirus Shows the Problem With Trump’s Stock Market Boasting

Most presidents avoid talking about a rising market because they know how fragile it is.
NYT

Of course, this has been a propaganda device he's used (it's false) and which has been pushed relentlessly by Fox and other such entities. The rise or any upturn is credited to him but any move in the opposite direction is, for those propaganda entities, is NEVER attributed to him. Obviously you can keep fooling a lot of people for a long while but when/if things turn seriously bad, you've no defense remaining other than to keep lying but the smell of that rises.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:40 am
Off topic. Here's a graphic used by the NYT on a Weinstein piece

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/02/24/opinion/24monster/24monster-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

I'm a sucker for brilliant graphic art and this is an example. I always thought the graphic intro produced for Mad Men was far superior to the show itself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:54 am
@blatham,
It's one way of killing time and that's a purpose alright. Beside, Oral sometimes pays attention to what I say. It has happened before.
Brand X

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:56 am
@Lash,
It's obvious that Trump is jealous of Mike's billions and Mike is jealous of Trump being president.

0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:00 am
en Norton
@BenjaminNorton
·
17h
It's impossible to overstate the imperial hypocrisy of US politicians and pundits criticizing Bernie over Cuba and Nicaragua, while they are right now supporting the right-wing coup dictatorships in Bolivia and Honduras, Brazil's fascist regime, and Trump's Venezuelan coup puppet
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:02 am
@Brand X,
There is nothing wrong with people supporting the good guys while condemning Sanders for supporting the bad guys.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:03 am
@oralloy,
Your opinion on CC is pure garbage, and it is directly related to your mental weaknesses. People who think very highly of their own intelligence often become complacent, lazy and poorly knformed precisely because of their self-indulgence.

It's called hubris.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:05 am
@Olivier5,
What opinion on CC is that? I wasn't aware that I had expressed such a view.

To my knowledge all I have done is express doubt over the validity of conclusions that are based on cherry-picked data.

As far as being poorly informed goes, can you provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts?
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:06 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Beside, Oral sometimes pays attention to what I say. It has happened before.

The fact that I respond to you is evidence that I pay attention to you.

But that doesn't mean that I will comply with progressive demands to join with them in denying reality.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:07 am
Air Canada has cancelled all flights to Asia until April at least.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:10 am

Aaron Maté
@aaronjmate
·
9h
Bernie Sanders speaking out against US regime change & dirty wars — in the past — is historic and most admirable. Now if only we can move to a place where we could honestly discuss US regime change & dirty wars today.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:11 am
@oralloy,
Oh I noted that you are quite shy of expressing anything precise about CC, afraid as you are that others will easily debunk it. But you're still have an opinion, it still slips through in spite of your hypocrisy, and it's still garbage.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:16 am
@Olivier5,
In other words, you cannot challenge anything that I actually write, so you instead falsely accuse me of positions that I do not hold, and attack me for those imaginary positions.

I'm not at all shy about expressing my opinions, stating facts as I see them, and backing up those facts if anyone questions them.