blatham

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 08:08 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Your understanding of the stock market and economics appears to be as deficient
No question that's true.
If that stat is wrong, thanks for correction. It's why I post my sources.
Quote:
We will very likely see a very rapid recovery of the DOW index over the next few weeks.
Maybe.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 12:55 am
@oralloy,
I guess you're just too stupid to realize that I am smarter than you.
Quote:
you just mistakenly said pneumonia when it was influenza that Rush meant to refer to.

No. Your favorite idiot was confusing the new coronavirus, which induces a form of pneumonia, and the common cold.

Remember: garbage in, garbage out.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 01:23 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I guess you're just too stupid to realize that I am smarter than you.

My IQ is 170, and your IQ is considerably less than mine.

Olivier5 wrote:
No. Your favorite idiot was confusing the new coronavirus, which induces a form of pneumonia, and the common cold.

When someone uses a metaphor, they are not confusing anything.

You should ease up on the idiocy rhetoric considering that you are equal to Rush when it comes to idiocy.

Rush goofed by using the common cold in his metaphor when he should have used influenza.

You goofed by not recognizing that Rush was using a metaphor.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 01:42 am
@oralloy,
You are very confused, but that's to be expected of someone listening to extreme right garbage on the radio...
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 02:23 am
@Olivier5,
Try again. I don't listen to radio of any sort. Neither do I listen to any non-radio right-wing sources.

You're just pulling a variation of the progressive tactic: "babble about Fox News whenever you don't have an argument to present".

It's a silly tactic. It never serves the protagonist well.

Immunity to confusion is one of the benefits of having a 170 IQ.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 02:34 am
@oralloy,
You're just as misinformed as any other right wing cretin here. Mind you, during a pandemic you might wish to raise your game a bit and pay attention for a change to what normal, sane and well-informed people are saying. Might save your life.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 02:38 am
@Olivier5,
You cannot provide any examples of me being misinformed about anything.

Although, you also cannot provide any examples of any other conservative here being misinformed. So your statement is technically true even though it's in the exact opposite way that you intended.

0 misinformation = 0 misinformation
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 03:10 am
@oralloy,
same old nonsense
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 03:46 am
@MontereyJack,
Sorry, but no. Facts are not nonsense no matter how much progressives wish that it was so.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:19 am
@oralloy,
You are gravely misinformed about climate change, for one.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:51 am
@Olivier5,
No I'm not. You cannot provide any examples of anything untrue in any of my posts about climate change.
hightor

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:55 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
You are gravely misinformed about climate change, for one.

You could even describe it as being willfully misinformed.

Quote:
We now know that government and university labs were not the only ones predicting the climatic future: over the last five years, great investigative reporting by, among others, the Pulitzer-winning website InsideClimate News unearthed the large-scale investigations carried out in the 1980s by oil companies. Exxon, for instance, got the problem right: one of the graphs their researchers produced predicted with uncanny accuracy what the temperature and carbon dioxide concentration would be in 2019. That this knowledge did not stop the industry from its all-out decades-long war to prevent change is a fact to which we will return.

The rise in temperature should convince any fair-minded critic of the peril we face, and it is worth noting that in December one longtime skeptic, the libertarian writer Ronald Bailey, published a sort of mea culpa in Reason magazine. In 1992, at the first Earth Summit in Rio, he’d mourned that the United States government was “officially buying into the notion that ‘global warming’ is a serious environmental problem,” even as “more and more scientific evidence accumulates showing that the threat of global warming is overblown.” Over the years, Bailey had promoted many possible challenges to scientific orthodoxy—for example, the claim of MIT scientist Richard Lindzen that, as mentioned, clouds would prevent any dangerous rise in temperature—but, to his credit, in his new article he writes:

- I have unhappily concluded, based on the balance of the evidence, that climate change is proceeding faster and is worse than I had earlier judged it to be…. Most of the evidence points toward a significantly warmer world by the end of the century.

nyrb
blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:57 am
@Olivier5,
Are you sure a back and forth with this fellow serves any purpose at all?
hightor

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:58 am
@blatham,
Does swatting at gnats?
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:01 am
@hightor,
That progressives find a swarm of facts to be as irritating as a swarm of gnats says a lot about progressives.
blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:04 am
I watched some of the debate last night. It was rather a dog's breakfast. The moderation was terrible and many of the questions were pretty stupid - "What's your motto?'

For networks, commercial enterprises, there are incentives to steer debates in the direction of Jerry Springer events. Just one more problem for US politics as if that was needed.
blatham

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:05 am
@hightor,
If you can hit them and kill them.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:07 am
@blatham,
Fortunately there is no way for progressives to kill facts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:08 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
You could even describe it as being willfully misinformed.

You're getting ahead of yourself a bit there. You cannot even provide any examples of me being wrong about any facts.

It's a bit silly to speculate about untrue statements that don't even exist.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:11 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Are you sure a back and forth with this fellow serves any purpose at all?

What purpose is served by you proclaiming to everyone that you think what purported intellectuals think?

No one is impressed with your purported agreement with purported intellectuals. Everyone thinks that it's pathetic that you have such a need to pretend that you're an intellectual.

You're not. Intellectuals are capable of thinking for themselves.
0 Replies