Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 05:58 am
@hightor,
Good gor you. I think it's high time for the US to regrow a social conscience.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 06:03 am
@Olivier5,
Gabbard wrote:
This isn't high school.

Unfortunately, it is.
Brand X

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 07:01 am
Saudi Embassy

Verified account

@SaudiEmbassyUSA
Follow Follow @SaudiEmbassyUSA
More
Recent media reports that suggest the Kingdom is behind a hacking of Mr. Jeff Bezos' phone are absurd. We call for an investigation on these claims so that we can have all the facts out.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 07:02 am
@hightor,
No, it really is not high school, and you would think that at 70-something, Clinton ought to be aware that popularity is a fake metric for anything worthwhile.

And it was fake in high school already.
revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:07 am
As much as I hate to admit it, it seems to give ammunition to certain types who surely don't need any more, but I think Hillary has become extremely bitter after her loss to Trump, perhaps in part deservedly so, but it does no good at all for any democrat running except the one she seems to blame in part for her loss to Trump. She has a point but she blames the wrong one, she should blame the Bernie or busters . It wouldn't matter who stood standing at the end of 2016, all democrats and those who didn't want Trump to win, should have voted for the last man or woman standing. Period. Nevertheless, Hillary now bringing her personal bitterness to the public serves no useful purpose except more division and personal embarrassment for those not a crazed Bernie fan regardless of the goal of wanting Trump out of office. I know at the end of the day Hillary will vote for Bernie if he should get the democrat nomination, she just couldn't bring herself to say it. She blames Bernie personally when she shouldn't. He actually did the right thing after he lost and campaigned for her and tried to stress to his base to do the same. They stubbornly refused to listen to him.

Just my opinion on the whole matter, at the end of this I will just say, Hillary take a long, long vacation and don't come back until you are over your bitterness.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:09 am
@revelette3,
She should take responsibility for her own loss. Only then will she be able to grow as a human being.
revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:17 am
@Olivier5,
Says you. A lot of things contributed to her loss, to deny that is to deny what really happened in 2016. She made some mistakes, she should have campaigned harder in swing states instead of sticking to states she already won. However, Bernie led a divisive campaign, his base led a worse one. She did have Russian interference whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Comey didn't do her any favors at all. When he first announced she wasn't charged because intent couldn't be proven in a court of law, he should have left it at that, instead of having that long, long string of characterizations. But she managed to get past until Comey announced at the tail end of the general election that they re-opening the investigation. That took a huge toll, only to have him announce a week or so later, they found nothing. It was too little too late. So a lot of things contributed, Bernie or Busters must take responsibility for their actions in not standing up for the country and voting Trump out, Hillary must take responsibility in not campaigning harder in those swing states, and kind of running a lackluster campaign through out. And Comey should take responsibility for that last minute announcement.
hightor

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:24 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And it was fake in high school already.

I don't know, Olivier; I see plenty of septuagenarians who seem to put a lot of stock in popularity. Lots of them serve in the Senate. USAmericans never grow up.

But, as I said yesterday, she should just retire, stay out of it, and quit dwelling on the past.
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:35 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/01/21/sanders-campaign-urges-restraint-clinton-101799

Excerpt:

“A less petty, self-absorbed person would look at a devastating, embarrassing election defeat and thank her former primary opponent who, based on the record, went to extraordinary lengths to support her,” said Jonathan Tasini, the author of "The Essential Bernie Sanders and His Vision for America" and a national surrogate for Sanders in 2016. “Bernie, as he often does, sidestepped engaging in this nonsense, choosing to focus on the important matters at hand, mainly impeachment. Bottom line is that the more Hillary Clinton speaks, the less people care what she says and devalues her own role so I think it will have close to zero impact on the race.”

If anything, the bomb thrown by Clinton had a galvanizing effect: Sanders’ grassroots supporters posted images of receipts of their donations to him on social media Tuesday, and the hashtag #ILikeBernie trended on Twitter.

While the Sanders campaign is attempting to maintain restraint in the wake of Clinton’s recent interview, though, the operation has in recent weeks shown the strain of a disorganized team that has struggled to stay on the same page with the candidate himself.

An episode on Monday illustrated the dynamic: David Sirota, Sanders’ speechwriter, shared an op-ed with supporters via email titled “‘Middle Class’ Joe Biden has a corruption problem — it makes him a weak candidate,” which was written by Sanders surrogate Zephyr Teachout.

But when asked about the opinion piece on MSNBC, Sanders’ national press secretary Briahna Joy Gray said that “if someone wants to describe that as corrupt, that is up to them.”

Later in the day, Sanders apologized: “It is absolutely not my view that Joe Biden is corrupt in any way. And I’m sorry that that op-ed appeared.”

———————————

WackaMole Hillary pops up her lying head; we send money.
Bernie just popped up to #1 in NH & several other states. Rolling in dough.
She still dares to repeat her sexist, racist, classist Bernie Bro lie—loosely borrowed from her sexist, racist Obama Boy lie.

She is a vile, disgusting POS, and her disdain and smears of Bernie are earning millions for us.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:39 am
For the love of god.

Every post of the sort above demonstrate more than anything else how susceptible we are to the same temptations for which we indict the media - concentration on conflict.

In the context of the moment - another four years of Trump will likely mean the end of any chance to salvage American democracy and to begin preparing for a very challenging future - Warren/Clinton is of no importance whatsoever.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:40 am
@Setanta,
Hi Set
Miss ya.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:49 am
@revelette3,
Says everybody with a bit of emotional intelligence. The only way to grow is to be self-critical and take responsibility for ****. People who keep looking for excuses never learn anything.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:51 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I see plenty of septuagenarians who seem to put a lot of stock in popularity.

I don't envy them...
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:54 am
@hightor,
I think a lot of attention is being focused on who Clinton is and not on what she said. She is on point - Sanders has demonstrated over the last couple of decades that he can't govern very well. His whole loaf or nothing approach goes down well with the populous, but doesn't result in getting anything done. He has very few allies in the Senate to help him behind the scenes even though he's been there for years. Perhaps he could change that but if Sanders really wanted to achieve his goals, he would drop out, endorse Warren then try to push her agenda.
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:56 am
Blatham said—“In the context of the moment - another four years of Trump will likely mean the end of any chance to salvage American democracy and to begin preparing for a very challenging future - Warren/Clinton is of no importance whatsoever.”

And I completed the thought rationally—“to someone so biased, they can’t see basic facts in front of their faces:

Both women attacked the overwhelmingly popular front runner for the presidency within the past week. Clinton lies about him and intimated she would not vote for the Dem nominee if it’s the most popular candidate.

Your analysis is utterly without logic and controlled by conditioning by the media.”
Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:00 am
@Lash,
You're a groupie, personalizing everything. And yet Bernie's slogan is: "Not Me, Us".
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:05 am
@Olivier5,
Anybody can make blanket statements.
It is personal to me—and the rest of the people who are voting for Bernie.
This is why he doesn’t lose supporters.

His policies that improve life and his reliability are the draws. Nothing you say changes that.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:09 am
@engineer,
You are wrong about how much he’s gotten done.
He has changed the entire conversation about how democrats get elected.

Healthcare is #1. M4A is #1. He’s changed the minimum wage. He’s changed how donors are viewed. He’s shown that a politician who is trustworthy and vows to work for the people don’t need wealthy donors.

How you can say without embarrassment that he’s done nothing is saddening.

He’s The Amendment King.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/24/bernie-s/bernie-sanders-was-roll-call-amendment-king-1995-2/

At least know what you’re talking about.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:12 am
@Lash,
Quote:
the overwhelmingly popular front runner
Not even close to being true. RCP primary polls
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:19 am
@blatham,
Progressives figured out a new way to read polls.

If the anti-Bernie MSM actually says Bernie is up, he’s WAY up.
Factor in the ACTUAL PEOPLE at each candidate’s rallies.
Factor in the ACTUAL PEOPLE on the ground, knocking doors and phone-banking.
Factor in how many ACTUAL PEOPLE donate to each campaign and the money raised.

Ipsofacto—Bernie is crushing it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/22/politics/cnn-poll-sanders-biden-january-national/index.html

He’s surging—thanks to attacks by Hillary Warren and Biden.

Don’t believe me, though. Just watch.