McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:23 am
@Lash,
Sanders will never be the Democrat party nominee for President because the super delegates will not allow it. I admire your passion, but reality needs to be addressed.
revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:27 am
@Lash,
Just watch in a few months. It will be Biden at the end of the primary. Bernie got Warren's votes after the last spat, in my opinion, he shouldn't have, but, nevertheless, he did. One CNN poll against all the others does not make him a front runner. Moreover, progressives didn't figure out a new way to read polls, it is as old elections, just read the ones favorable to you and downgrade all the others. Rove tried that, ended up crying on National TV.
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:27 am
@McGentrix,
We’ve got something for them this time.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:29 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Progressives figured out a new way to read polls.
You and Trump are the dependable scientific experts on fake polls. It's why we trust you and him at pretty much the same level.
revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:30 am
@McGentrix,
Perhaps you should keep up.

Democratic Superdelegate Rule Changes for 2020
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:30 am
@revelette3,
The good thing about this is we will all be watching. Too bad that doesn’t necessarily mean we will all see.

Another good thing: even if you don’t help us, you’ll benefit immensely under the Sanders administration.
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:42 am
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479272-hillary-clinton-responds-to-backlash-i-will-do-whatever-i-can-to-support
Hillary Clinton responds to backlash: 'I will do whatever I can to support our nominee'

revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:44 am
@Lash,
I doubt it, I foresee a lot of disarray and court proceedings in the event of a Bernie win.

So watch. Rolling Eyes
revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:48 am
@blatham,
Not to mention if that same poll should show in about a month or less Biden surging back up, it will be a fake poll again.

Much better to get an average of polls with dates and history showing the way the wind is blowing. If more polls show Bernie winning over Biden over a period of time, then, centrist should be worried. However I think when Buttigieg drops out, the numbers should balance back out.
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:50 am
@revelette3,
I’ll be there.

MLK was right. Toward the end of his life, he called on people to reject the disgusting racism and classism of so-called incremental change. Only the privileged are complicit with do-nothing incrementalists.

The rest of us are going to fight.

Pick your side—unless you’ve already got what you need, of course.
revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:50 am
@Lash,
That is because rather than doubling down, a lot of democrats were quick to take exception to her remarks.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:51 am
@Lash,
Perhaps, I haven't finished reading, I am still on the sermons which I like a lot.
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:53 am
@revelette3,
The real poll is the vote. I think we’ll all buy plane tickets to disputed voting sites. Cheating such as what the DNC got away with in 16 will not end the same way.

It’s sad that all Americans don’t care about veracity in vote counting and reporting.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 09:54 am
@revelette3,
A great use of your time. I hope you’ll remember Malcolm’s “Ballot or the Bullet.”
revelette3

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 10:41 am
@Lash,
Thanks, but I am not really into Malcom X. So far in my reading, MLK was more of a peace loving inclusive kind of a black leader, at least in the parts I read in "Where Do We Go From Here." There seemed to have been friction among some of the black leaders leading the Freedom Movement with the younger generation who were frustrated with the progress.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 11:22 am
Ok, but I’m still leaving you this.

These guys met once, definitely had differences, but their words about and to each other, and this little write up about them sends me back a little to those times and tug a bit at the heart.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2015/2/21/8078739/mlk-malcolm-x-telegrams

This is the telegram MLK sent Malcolm X's wife after her husband's assassination
Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 11:31 am
@Lash,
I met Malcolm X's daughter once, in NY. Or at least, I met a person pretending to be his daughter.
Lash

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 11:32 am
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1120176?__twitter_impression=true

Tulsi Gabbard is suing Hillary Clinton for $50 million for defamation.

I think the runaway Russian narrative is going to be on trial.

Looking forward to it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 11:33 am
@Olivier5,
Did you never bother to find out if she was his daughter? It would be pretty easy.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2020 11:51 am
@snood,
I believed her without any doubt. It didn't cross my mind that she could be mythomaniac or something... It's only now that I wonder if maybe I was fooled. But I don't think so.

It was at a midtown restaurant at lunchtime. She was alone and so was I, sitting next to her. We started chatting. Almost immediately she told me she was Malcolm's daughter. I had seen Spike Lee's movie a few years before and was (still am) a big fan of the guy, so I was quite impressed... We spoke of her childhood, how she was born after his death if memory serves, and how it was to be raised in semi-celebrity... She spoke of her mother, Betty, as a tough woman. She was a very nice person but we didn't keep in touch. I'm not good at maintaining contact with people.
0 Replies