blatham

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2020 07:24 pm
Quote:
Private Documents Reveal What Wall Street Really Thinks About Elizabeth Warren

A major bank that Elizabeth Warren once sharply criticized has some stark warnings for Wall Street investors about her potential presidency. Warren’s corporate tax plan, according to one memo the bank circulated, would “directly impact corporate earnings.” Her nine-point eligibility test for international trading partners—which requires a commitment to protect religious freedom and labor rights—“would disrupt global supply chains.” And her proposed 2 percent tax on personal wealth greater than $50 million “would likely crimp investment in the economy.”

Those are some of the conclusions reached by the research arm of Barclays, a powerful London-based bank and financial services firm.
Mother Jones
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:36 am
Happy to report that Bernie has gained in the polls and Warren has lost points after Warren’s outrageous accusation against Bernie.

Identity politics is over.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:49 am
@Lash,
Yep. It's looking like the race is going to be between Biden and Sanders.

I'm voting for Sanders in the primary. He isn't as pro-gun as he pretends, but he's a lot better than Biden.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 01:33 am
Bernie is for the 11th year polled as #1 on the Most Popular list of senators.

On the Most Unpopular list, Susan Collins has displaced Mitch McConnell, who moved to #2.

Elizabeth Warren is #9 on the 10 Most Unpopular list!! Odd place for a presidential candidate to find herself.

https://morningconsult.com/senator-rankings/
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 09:06 am
Shove it.
Quote:
Rep. Ted Lieu (D) alleged in December that fellow California Rep. Devin Nunes (R) conspired with Lev Parnas, a former associate of President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, to undermine the United States. Parnas has pleaded not guilty to violating campaign finance laws.

Then a lawyer for Nunes, who is the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, sent a multi-page missive threatening to sue for damage to Nunes’s reputation, Lieu tweeted. The Democratic congressman replied with a letter of his own and posted a photo of the document online.

“I welcome any lawsuit from your client and look forward to taking discovery of Congressman Nunes,” he wrote. “Or, you can take your letter and shove it.”
WP
Delightful.
revelette3

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 09:59 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Shove it.

Sure is. Nunes has been getting away with stuff ever since the whole Mueller probe and house hearings before democrats took control of it.
blatham

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 10:17 am
@revelette3,
I'm not sure how many bullying lawsuits Nunes has initiated but it's quite a few. How are those legal costs being covered? Taxpayer money, I presume.

Edit: on second thought, maybe he just attempts the bully move but doesn't actually engage legal counsel. I'm not sure.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 10:43 am
@blatham,
Quote:
How are those legal costs being covered? Taxpayer money, I presume.

Who do you think paid for those golden pens Pelosi handed out?
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:39 pm
Quote:
Nunes aide communicated with Parnas about Ukraine campaign, messages show

House Democrats released new documents Friday evening showing extensive contact between an associate of President Trump’s personal attorney and an aide to the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee regarding the effort to obtain material from Ukrainian prosecutors that would be damaging to former vice president Joe Biden.

The text messages between Lev Parnas, who functioned as Rudolph W. Giuliani’s emissary to Ukrainian officials, and Derek Harvey, an aide to Rep. Devin Nunes, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, indicate Nunes’s office was aware of the operation at the heart of impeachment proceedings against the president — and sought to use the information Parnas was gathering.

The newly released texts show that Parnas was working last spring to set up calls for Harvey with the Ukrainian prosecutors who were feeding Giuliani information about Biden.

“Also do you want to interview the general prosecutor who got [ditched] by Biden ? Also the anti corruption prosecutor ? Let me know,” Parnas wrote on April 19.

“Does tomorrow work?” Harvey responded.

The messages also show that Harvey met with Parnas and Giuliani at the Trump hotel in Washington.

Harvey and a spokesman for Nunes did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The text messages corroborate Parnas’s previous claims that he arranged conversations with the Ukrainian prosecutors for the Nunes aide. And they deepen questions about how much Nunes knew about the pressure campaign — even as he served as one of Trump’s most vociferous defenders during the House impeachment hearings.

“I was in shock when I was watching the hearings and when I saw Devin Nunes sitting up there,” Parnas told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow this week. “I texted my attorney. I said, ‘I can’t believe this is happening.’ ”

Records that the House Democrats released in December first showed calls between Parnas and Nunes. At the time, Nunes said he couldn’t remember speaking with Parnas.

On Thursday, Nunes told Fox News that he had reviewed his records, which refreshed his memory of having one conversation.

“I checked it with my records and it was very clear — I remember that call, which was very odd, random, talking about random things, and I said, ‘great,’ you know, ‘talk to my staff,’ and boom, boom, boom. That’s just normal operating procedure,” Nunes said.

However, the documents released Friday show extensive interactions between Parnas and Nunes’s aide beginning in early 2019.

In March, Parnas sent Harvey a link to a story by conservative columnist John Solomon suggesting the Ukrainians sought to help Hillary Clinton win in 2016.

“Any documents for us or are you going to keep working through Solomon?” the Nunes aide texted back a few days later.

Parnas responded that he was out of the country but would meet with Harvey upon his return.

In April, Harvey sent Parnas contact information for the congressman, the messages show. And Harvey set up several in-person meetings, including with key individuals around Giuliani who were most involved in the Biden effort.

“We are at trump with Rudy and John Solomon and joe in private room,”

Parnas wrote the Nunes aide on May 7, apparently inviting him to the Trump International Hotel to meet with Giuliani, as well as Solomon and Joe DiGenova, a lawyer working with Giuliani.

“Can you come now,” Parnas continued.

The texts also indicate that Parnas passed a copy of one of the Ukrainian prosecutor’s résumés in English to Harvey. Parnas also seemed to have sent him a copy of the Ukrainian passport of the tycoon who owns the gas company that placed Biden’s son Hunter on its board. How the copy of the passport was obtained, and what Harvey was planning to do with it, if anything, is unclear.

Parnas, who is facing federal campaign charges and has recently broken with Giuliani and turned against the president, told MSNBC this week that Nunes and Harvey “were involved in getting all this stuff on Biden.”

“Derek Harvey had several interviews, Skype interviews I set up, with different prosecutors like [Nazar] Kholodnytsky, which is the anti-corruption prosecutor of Ukraine [and] Konstantyn Kulyk, one of the major guys that’s had this whole Biden stuff,” Parnas said.
“Yes,” Harvey responded.

Parnas suggested to MSNBC he was told to communicate with Harvey instead of Nunes directly because “Devin Nunes had an ethics, something to do with an ethics committee, and he couldn’t be in a spotlight.”

The materials released Friday also include screenshots that Robert F. Hyde, a former Marine and candidate for Congress in Connecticut, sent to Parnas discussing surveillance of then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/nunes-aide-communicated-with-parnas-about-ukraine-campaign-messages-show/2020/01/17/398ea1f6-3984-11ea-a01d-b7cc8ec1a85d_story.html

I tell you, anyone who even half way keeps up with the news on this stuff, can't really believe Trump and company (includes everybody involved) are innocent of the impeachment charges. The people who keep denying Trump's guilt, are just flat out lying, they have to be. Republicans will soon pull all kinds of nasty tricks, nevertheless, in the history books of which maybe independent people write, people will know the truth.
Lash

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:58 pm
All of us could pass a DNA Native American trace element test—likely greater percentage than Warren. I know I could.

A metaphor for Russian interference in our elections.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/12/genetic-study-reveals-surprising-ancestry-many-americans
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 01:47 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
I tell you, anyone who even half way keeps up with the news on this stuff, can't really believe Trump and company (includes everybody involved) are innocent of the impeachment charges. The people who keep denying Trump's guilt, are just flat out lying, they have to be.

Keep in mind that many of these stories may not be true. The Democratic leadership could well be agents of the SVR (KGB), and could be trying to sabotage America by knowingly making untrue claims about our President.

But, even if all of the stories are actually true, that doesn't change the fact that there is nothing wrong with anything that Mr. Trump is accused of having done.

For there to be guilt, there has to be an actual crime. Or am I "guilty" of breathing in oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide? I'm sure that a quick medical examination could provide proof that I am engaged in such activity.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 05:46 pm
https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/opinion/the-white-supremacy-of-elizabeth-warren-q6pZPvG4_0WIwiv__VU_bQ

Native American thought about Warren’s famous dismissive folly.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 09:19 pm
https://pjmedia.com/election/actblue-flooded-with-requests-for-refunds-of-donations-to-elizabeth-warrens-campaign-after-bernie-smear/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Elizabeth Warren forced to return money donated by progressives.

🙃

Lash

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 04:21 am
Now, Biden says all the CSPAN and congressional video of him beating his chest over how hard he worked to cut social security interspersed with some of the most egregious racist bullshit spoken in public by a senator—— he says Bernie doctored it.

We are living in an insane alternative post-truth world.

War is peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is strength' — Orwell called it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 04:42 am
ourrevolution.com
Where the OG FOR THE PEOPLE tells what he’s doing, why, and how.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 07:32 am
@Lash,
Lash quotes PJ Media. Of course she does.
Quote:
PJ Media (originally known as Pajamas Media) is a conservative opinion and commentary collaborative blog that was founded in 2004. Its majority owner was technology entrepreneur, billionaire,[1] and angel investor Aubrey Chernick.[2] Salem Media Group bought the company in 2019.

Quote:
Salem Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SALM; formerly Salem Communications Corporation) is an American radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher based in Camarillo, California, targeting audiences interested in Christian values and what it describes as "family-themed content and conservative values."[2] In addition to its radio properties, the company owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programing to approximately 2,400 affiliates; Salem Media Representatives, a radio advertising company; Salem Web Network, an Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming with over 100 Christian content and conservative opinion websites; and Salem Publishing, a publisher of Christian themed magazines. Salem owns 117 radio stations in 38 markets, including 60 stations in the top 25 markets and 29 in the top 10, making it tied with CBS Radio for fifth-largest radio broadcaster.[2] FamilyTalk is a Christian-themed talk format on Sirius XM Radio Channel 131. Additionally, Salem owns conservative websites Townhall.com, RedState, Hot Air, and PJ Media, as well as Twitter aggregator Twitchy.
wikipedia
Lash

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 08:18 am
@blatham,
Doesn’t matter which reporting institution I clicked on when 5 came up—the facts remain. #WarrenRefund trended for a day and a half.

It is a fact. Your pathetic dodge of the fact is the story here.

Do you refute that thousands of donors demanded refunds from Warren?

Can you tell the truth?

https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-warren-bernie-sanders-refunds-trends-twitter-1482015
https://www.dailywire.com/news/warren-donors-ask-for-their-money-back-after-she-accuses-bernie-sanders-of-saying-a-woman-couldnt-be-president
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/refund-warren-trends-sanders/
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article239274708.html

Do you refute that this happened??
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 08:32 am
@Lash,
Are people really demanding their money back from Elizabeth Warren?
Quote:
It comes down to who you believe
[...]
Given a choice between whether to believe Sanders or Warren, many chose the former. Overnight and into the morning #RefundWarren and #ITrustBernie trended on Twitter.

Those tweeting #RefundWarren claimed to have requested her campaign return their donations. Some included screenshots of confirmation emails. Others said that they’d received automatic responses from campaign donation platform ActBlue stating that it was experiencing an abnormally high volume of refund requests.
[...]
A Twitter account with the handle @RefundWarren, which launched in 2015 but appears to have either been dormant or deleted all its tweets prior to Dec. 12, 2019, took up the standard of collecting tweets using the hashtag.

The @RefundWarren account has also repeatedly retweeted those using #RefundPete, referring to former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Many, many tweets that used#RefundPete included #RefundWarren; a few have also added #Bernie2020.

Some suspect that the hashtag didn’t come about organically, but was launched or promoted by either the so-called Bernie Bros or Russian troll farms.

For others, the onslaught called to mind the 2016 presidential election, which featured vicious attacks against the Hillary Clinton campaign by Sanders, his proxies and obsequious Bernie Bros. Many have called these attacks misogynistic, an allegation that Warren’s fans are now echoing.
... ... ...
Lash

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 08:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Centrists do have a way -- as evidenced by Blatham a few posts ago -- to pretend not to believe something that hurts their feelings.

I've seen the receipts from friends who were lame enough to have a degree of confidence after her multitude of lies and donated to her because they were still under the illusion that Warren was a progressive. They demanded and received refunds and showed the receipts online.

If it hurts your sensibilities to believe it -- don't. But you're in for a surprise in as primary votes come in -- like last time.

One more $.87 argument from Walter.
blatham

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2020 08:43 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Doesn’t matter which reporting institution I clicked on
Of course it matters. And it's far from the first time you've gone to extremist right wing sites to carry your anti-Dem game a little further.
Quote:
#WarrenRefund trended for a day and a half.
That's like so important. But we'll note it's way behind #KardashianNipSlip and #GoopDildoLubricant.